There are 157 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - TE George Kittle Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

So cool. Dude is athletic as hell. Going to be tons of fun watching this cat play for our 49ers for years.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by mayo49:
We hit the lotto with Kittle.

No they didn't. Kyle and his staff did the film and home work on Kittle

Stop. They've done "film and homework" on several other players who are going to bust. The draft is a total crapshoot. We hit on one here.

Disagree. They know exactly who and what they got in Kittle

Sir. If they truly thought he'd be a Pro Bowl TE they would have taken him much earlier. This is like the Seahawks saying they knew Russell Wilson was going to be a star. This goes both ways. Can't use this logic for the Kittle pick and then not use it for guys like Thomas, Witherspoon and others.

They thought he would be good, and he developed even better than they anticipated. That's great for us.

They had to address the defense early in the draft before the offense that first year. They targeted Kittle from what Kyle was saying about Kittle after the draft.

I guess we're just arguing to what degree Kyle and his staff was right in picking Kittle

We're arguing different things. I'm not saying Shanahan didn't target him.

I'm saying that no player in the history of the NFL taken past the 2nd round was thought of as a slam dunk Pro Bowl player by the team that drafted them. If they thought he was going to turn into the stud he is -- they would have taken him much earlier. They did work on him, which led to him being targeted. And their educated guess worked out.

Their educated guess on other players has not worked out. It's just a crapshoot.

What if the guys they took in the 1st and 2nd rounds were slam dunkier than the guy they took 3rd?
Originally posted by WINiner:
I don't fail to realize anything, I don't miss 49ers games. I know what he's done and I have watched every play. You can put the cart before the horse all you want. IMO he's not there yet until he shows that consistency. Great truly elite players are consistently good/great. Kittle isn't there yet. Stop trying to rush the journey and enjoy the development man. He'll get there.

That's good advice I am just super excited he's doing all this with no quarterback and no help you cannot say that about any other tight end that is elite right now. I hope you see that point as well

Besides I drafted this guy and all three of my fantasy leagues
[ Edited by elguapo on Nov 2, 2018 at 9:15 AM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
I don't fail to realize anything, I don't miss 49ers games. I know what he's done and I have watched every play. You can put the cart before the horse all you want. IMO he's not there yet until he shows that consistency. Great truly elite players are consistently good/great. Kittle isn't there yet. Stop trying to rush the journey and enjoy the development man. He'll get there.

That's good advice I am just super excited he's doing all this with no quarterback and no help you cannot say that about any other tight end that is elite right now. I hope you see that point as well

That's the thing that makes me the most excited. That he's been as good as he has despite some questionable to poor QB play in his young career. I'd be surprised if he didn't make the PB this year and then next he's gonna be lights out.
Originally posted by elguapo:

I missed him in both of mine and have been pissed ever since lol.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by swaccmac1:
has any on heard from cc or sus today?

Im right here. Wassup ?
I missed him in both of mine and have been pissed ever since lol.

I figured he'd be worth a pick anywhere from 90 on....and a few leagues didn't even draft him. Good luck the rest of the year with your FF team.

I think heath is the only thing in this guys way from being the next best te
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I was screaming to take Kittle in the third and was pissed we passed. When we landed him in the fifth it was pure elation. Absolute steal of a pick.

I want to see them address #2 TE with someone who is also a serious receiving threat. Having two TE's that can block and get down the field in a hurry, that would really amp up the explosiveness of this offense.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Wow
Originally posted by mayo49:
We hit the lotto with Kittle.

No they didn't. Kyle and his staff did the film and home work on Kittle

Stop. They've done "film and homework" on several other players who are going to bust. The draft is a total crapshoot. We hit on one here.

Disagree. They know exactly who and what they got in Kittle

Sir. If they truly thought he'd be a Pro Bowl TE they would have taken him much earlier. This is like the Seahawks saying they knew Russell Wilson was going to be a star. This goes both ways. Can't use this logic for the Kittle pick and then not use it for guys like Thomas, Witherspoon and others.

They thought he would be good, and he developed even better than they anticipated. That's great for us.

They had to address the defense early in the draft before the offense that first year. They targeted Kittle from what Kyle was saying about Kittle after the draft.

I guess we're just arguing to what degree Kyle and his staff was right in picking Kittle

We're arguing different things. I'm not saying Shanahan didn't target him.

I'm saying that no player in the history of the NFL taken past the 2nd round was thought of as a slam dunk Pro Bowl player by the team that drafted them. If they thought he was going to turn into the stud he is -- they would have taken him much earlier. They did work on him, which led to him being targeted. And their educated guess worked out.

Their educated guess on other players has not worked out. It's just a crapshoot.

Reasonable explanation. Similar to Bill Walsh's drafting of Joe Montana. In Montana, Walsh saw a guy who could escape free rushers on his own with his feet, and had the ability to run his offense. That's what Walsh saw for the most part. He had now idea Joe Montana would become all that he became.

Contrast that with Walsh's scouting of Jerry Rice, where Walsh knew Rice would be that guy, and consequently moved all the way up in the draft to get him.

Generally when a coach/scout/GM knows a guy is gonna be a great player, other teams know it too, and they are drafted in the first or second round as a result.

Originally posted by socal9er42:
Did I really see him flash the "Cero Miedo" hand sign at the end of one of his plays? Can't find it anywhere, but thought I saw it.
Anybody else see this?
Yeah, they like his speed and pass catching ability. I think the blocking came a little later with Kittle.

He seemed to be 'under sized' for the position because the trend lately is going for a 6'6 dude. But that's just the wrong perception

Huh? Blocking was the one thing you knew he could do coming out of college. In 4 years he had 48 receptions for about 740 yds and 10 TD's. Iowa was a running team.
Elite.
  • thl408
He got some wiggle in his route running. Speed to beat LBs.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Wow

Currently #1 te overall with scrubs passing to him. You're my boy blue!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone