There are 218 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - TE George Kittle Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zachary:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Enuff of the TEs.. We need a LEGIT "one" RECEIVER.. we need a real threat..

I'm having a hard time thinking of a team that gone to the Super Bowl with the TE being the QBs main target..

Lynch and Shanny must act fast and get us THAT receiver..

Patriots the last decade

Was Shannon sharpe? I can't fhink of any receiever back then for them, but might be having a brain fart

Rod Smith, Ed Mccaffrey
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaBum:
Originally posted by Zachary:

I'm having a hard time thinking of a team that gone to the Super Bowl with the TE being the QBs main target..

Patriots the last decade

Was Shannon sharpe? I can't fhink of any receiever back then for them, but might be having a brain fart

Rod Smith, Ed Mccaffrey

Probably thinking about Sharpes ring with the Ravens. I can't think of any of their WR off the top of my head, either. Quadry Ismail?

Patriots the last decade

WRONG !!!

PATRIOTS before and during GRONK's career never had an offense where HE (or any of their TEs) IS THE MAIN WEAPON.. he's always just been a part of it and a favorite target .. .

Sharpe both at Denver and Baltimore was never either..

Romo and Witt never went to the Super Bowl
Originally posted by Natedog:

Patriots

VD?

Click Clack

Patriots the last decade

WRONG !!!

PATRIOTS before and during GRONK's career never had an offense where HE (or any of their TEs) IS THE MAIN WEAPON.. he's always just been a part of it and a favorite target .. .

Sharpe with the ravens in 2000 had more targets, receptions and yards than their top wr q ismail. They both had 5 tds
[ Edited by crabman82 on Nov 18, 2018 at 5:34 PM ]
Ertz led the Eagles in receiving last year. Not by a large amount and they got a decent receiver in Jeffrey but it's 2018 tight ends can be your #1. I get that historically they aren't but things change.
I think having a Star TE and WRs that can stretch the field is the way to go. Don't need a #1 WR in that case.
Originally posted by crabman82:

Patriots the last decade

WRONG !!!

Sharpe with the ravens in 2000 had more targets, receptions and yards than their top wr q ismail. They both had 5 tds

but SHARPE was not the MAIN FOCUS of that offense.. Trent Dilfer just did not know how to play QB.
I am so sick of seeing people complain about not having a #2 TE and claiming that is a big priority for us. It isnt. A #2 TE is a luxury, not a need.
  • thl408
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I am so sick of seeing people complain about not having a #2 TE and claiming that is a big priority for us. It isnt. A #2 TE is a luxury, not a need.

Agreed. The team didn't spend all that money on a FB just to turn around and prioritize the #2 TE position. You normally play one or the other, not both (FB vs #2TE).

I kind of agree. When you have a fullback like Juice you don't need a 2nd te as he's the ow guy.

Wouldn't complain about getting one though because if Kittle goes down.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 19, 2018 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:

Agreed. The team didn't spend all that money on a FB just to turn around and prioritize the #2 TE position. You normally play one or the other, not both (FB vs #2TE).

The 2 TE set is a Harbaugh staple, not a KS staple. On offense we need interior OL help and a stud WR more so than another TE. Hell I would look at RB before TE.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

I kind of agree. When you have a fullback like Juice you don't need a 2nd te as he's the ow guy.

Has nothing to do with Juice. Has everything to do with a #2 TE being a luxury and not a need. I know people dont love Celek, but how many teams in the NFL have a stud #2 TE?

When you have glaring holes all over the team, a #2 TE shouldnt even be something that is brought up to be honest.
  • thl408

Has nothing to do with Juice. Has everything to do with a #2 TE being a luxury and not a need. I know people dont love Celek, but how many teams in the NFL have a stud #2 TE?

When you have glaring holes all over the team, a #2 TE shouldnt even be something that is brought up to be honest.

I think the two are related. Two ways to keep the defense in base, which is what Kyle wants - use a FB or use double TEs. Kyle uses a FB.
[ Edited by thl408 on Nov 19, 2018 at 11:31 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:

I think the two are related. Two ways to keep the defense in base, which is what Kyle wants - use a FB or use double TEs. Kyle uses a FB.

I mean, yes, having Juice even further limits the need to get a #2 TE. But my point remains. Even if we didnt have Juice on our team, a #2 TE would be near or at the bottom of my list of offseason priorities. To the point that even drafting one in the 7th round would be something I dont even think is necessary.
Share 49ersWebzone