LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 131 users in the forums

2017 Training Camp Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
So funny
Who gives a s**t how he interviews.

See bill belichick, hell, Jim harbaugh won games and his interviews sucked.

Could care less just coach well and win games

I couldn't be happier with the direction of this team. This is the first time I've been this excited about the team and it's future since 2011-2013 years.

Once we hired Tomsula/Chip, I stopped giving my time and money to the Yorks. I won't support such obvious bad choices, but I support the hell out of them when they are doing the right thing by us fans!

Couldn't be happier with the draft, our talent development, coaching staff, front office etc. The only thing that I am a little bummed on is our QB situation cause we don't have a franchise guy right now.

I think Hoyer will be okay, nothing special. I think Beathard has tons of potential and I really like him and we also have a shot at Cousins in the off season coming up.. so there is hope! just uncertainty.

I am pumped for this year.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I couldn't be happier with the direction of this team. This is the first time I've been this excited about the team and it's future since 2011-2013 years.

Once we hired Tomsula/Chip, I stopped giving my time and money to the Yorks. I won't support such obvious bad choices, but I support the hell out of them when they are doing the right thing by us fans!

Couldn't be happier with the draft, our talent development, coaching staff, front office etc. The only thing that I am a little bummed on is our QB situation cause we don't have a franchise guy right now.

I think Hoyer will be okay, nothing special. I think Beathard has tons of potential and I really like him and we also have a shot at Cousins in the off season coming up.. so there is hope! just uncertainty.

I am pumped for this year.

I am very, very cautiously optimistic.
Through one week, I expect 4 already on I.R. with Johnson, Gilbert, Smith & Garnett.

Today, rookie DB Adrian Colbert left practice with an ankle injury and CB Rashard Robinson exited with hamstring tightness.

DT DeForest Buckner (ankle), LB Brock Coyle, C JP Flynn, CB Zach Franklin, LB Eli Harold (concussion), TE George Kittle, LB Donavin Newsom and S Jaquiski Tartt did not participate in team drills. Buckner, Flynn, Kittle and Newsom participated in individual drills, which is a sign their return to full practice could be imminent.

LB Reuben Foster is running with a slight gimp after tweaking his ankle in practice Friday.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 5, 2017 at 8:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
So funny
Who gives a s**t how he interviews.

See bill belichick, hell, Jim harbaugh won games and his interviews sucked.

Could care less just coach well and win games

Bill Parcells was a pretty bad interviewer, too, IIRC.

Bill Walsh was also a terrible interview. Very hard to listen to, you could tell he didn't want to be there.
TC was really fun today

Free food free parking!!!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Through one week, I expect 4 already on I.R. with Johnson, Gilbert, Smith & Garnett.

Today, rookie DB Adrian Colbert left practice with an ankle injury and CB Rashard Robinson exited with hamstring tightness.

DT DeForest Buckner (ankle), LB Brock Coyle, C JP Flynn, CB Zach Franklin, LB Eli Harold (concussion), TE George Kittle, LB Donavin Newsom and S Jaquiski Tartt did not participate in team drills. Buckner, Flynn, Kittle and Newsom participated in individual drills, which is a sign their return to full practice could be imminent.

LB Reuben Foster is running with a slight gimp after tweaking his ankle in practice Friday.

Not good. Hopefully the bleeding stops and these injures will be the worst of it.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Not good. Hopefully the bleeding stops and these injures will be the worst of it.

Tomorrow is a day off. Hopefully they can get through it healthy.
Cohn:

THE NOT SO GOOD

1. The pass defense. This has become the team's biggest weakness. Today, the pass defense gave up 38 catches on 56 pass attempts – a completion percentage of 67.9. And the defense had a particularly difficult time defending play action. Most of the time when the offense used a run fake, at least one wide receiver would end up wide open. This pass defense could be one of the worst in the league.

So Kyle notes the offense won on yards but the defense won in the RZ only giving up 1 TD. And we really only had Johnson and Reid out there. Ward, Robinson, Reaser, out... playing with Lorenzo and James and Witherspoon, who's clearly not ready yet.

In short, our secondary SHOULD look shaky right now. It was also first team vs. second and vice versa.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 5, 2017 at 9:29 PM ]
Me thinks Kyle used the fan day to prop up the offense a little for some cheers and entertainment which is why the last two practices were so grueling.

#forthefans
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 5, 2017 at 9:40 PM ]

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Me thinks Kyle used the fan day to prop up the offense a little for some cheers and entertainment which is why the last two practices were so grueling.

#forthefans

Lets not forget this D was ranked as the worst in the league last year and this roster is now learning a new system with a rookie DC. I expect them to be better but I don't expect a miracle.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jcs:

#forthefans

Lets not forget this D was ranked as the worst in the league last year and this roster is now learning a new system with a rookie DC. I expect them to be better but I don't expect a miracle.

Worst run defense in the HISTORY of the NFL.

Jeddy boi setting records

We as fans just have to look for improvement in all facets of the game. Our beginning schedule is brutal and we'll make many fans seem like the sky is falling. It's the little things that count this year so we can really take off in 2018. What I want more than anything is to see player development. Let these draft picks get out there and get some experience.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:

We as fans just have to look for improvement in all facets of the game. Our beginning schedule is brutal and we'll make many fans seem like the sky is falling. It's the little things that count this year so we can really take off in 2018. What I want more than anything is to see player development. Let these draft picks get out there and get some experience.

Don't lie. What you want more than anything is for us to kick ass and go 12-4.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by jcs:

#forthefans

Worst run defense in the HISTORY of the NFL.

Jeddy boi setting records

Yeah man, shame on York for not having his nerdy ass out there making tackles.
Share 49ersWebzone