LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 200 users in the forums

2017 Training Camp Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Barkely is done?
Livestream look-in showing a great view of WR/DB one on ones. Keep in mind no pass rush and no help defense, but Trent Taylor made another ridiculous looking catch. Goodwin broke some ankles on one rep and Smelter also made a couple really nice catches in the drill.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Barkely is done?

He would make a great QB for the scout team because the only team he can perform well against is the 49ers.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Barkely is done?

Who said he's done?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Barkely is done?

Who said he's done?

no one knows
Barkely is done?

Who said he's done?

Tried to find the original comment about this and as near I can tell somebody just assumed that from one practice pass he threw that was probably incomplete. Total overreaction to absolutely nothing as usual.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Just heard on 95.7 about how coaches watched Ellington take his time walking from drill to drill before he got cut. Serves that scrub right.

Saw Joe williams half assing it in a PR drill. He should watch out.

That little f**ker can play.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Just heard on 95.7 about how coaches watched Ellington take his time walking from drill to drill before he got cut. Serves that scrub right.

The reporter did mention how Shanahan praised Ellington, and that we just had a lot of similar talent but I'm sure that's just Shanahan being a good coach.

I for one am extremely glad to hear that we'd cut guys for not giving it their all. So if Williams is half assing it after reports he came in out of shape, I wouldn't be upset to see him cut. I want guys that are in it 100%

I like how Robinson gets in wideouts faces and talks crazy when he gets a pbu. He likes to talk s**t
I like how Robinson gets in wideouts faces and talks crazy when he gets a pbu. He likes to talk s**t

Well, that drill is so in favor of the offense that it is huge to have played it so well like he did. I hope it raises up the whole practice. I also liked how the cb's and wr's were all giving each other props at the end of the drill. Same team and all.

The reporter did mention how Shanahan praised Ellington, and that we just had a lot of similar talent but I'm sure that's just Shanahan being a good coach.

I for one am extremely glad to hear that we'd cut guys for not giving it their all. So if Williams is half assing it after reports he came in out of shape, I wouldn't be upset to see him cut. I want guys that are in it 100%

Coaches speak. No coach says what they really think.

Probably, explains why he was cut so abruptly.

Honestly, Ellington wasn't gonna make this team no matter what he did. He could have been Charlie Hustle in practice and he still would have gotten cut. Bottom line, when one Trent Taylor was drafted that pretty much spelled the end of Ellington as a 49er. And you know what, I'd honestly be shocked to learn that Ellington didn't know that he'd likely be cut. So if he was walking in drills it could be prudence on his part. Why go all out in drills, risk injury, when you know the cut call is coming from the GM's office at some point? In any event, I'm glad to see him out. Just too many injuries and not enough potential actually realized.
Share 49ersWebzone