2017 Training Camp Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Just looking at 2017 I would take our QB situation over the Browns, Rams and the Bears.

All 3 have young high potential QBs on their rosters. We have Beathard

Just looking at 2017

How do you only look at the present without an eye towards the future. That's like saying our D line is probably the worst in the NFL (PFF)

I'm just saying for the current season I would take our QB situation over a number of other teams. For this season I'd take Hoyer over Osweiler/Kizer, Goff, Glennon/Trubisky, McCown/Hackenberg, Bortles.

QB depth charts change drastically year to year, we could have Cousins next year or a 1st round QB who knows. We all know the current QB depth chart isn't the long term solution by any means.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Just looking at 2017 I would take our QB situation over the Browns, Rams and the Bears.

Just looking at 2017

How do you only look at the present without an eye towards the future. That's like saying our D line is probably the worst in the NFL (PFF)
who says they aren't ?

Sorry I forgot any QB that puts on a 49er jersey on instantly gets upgraded into a top 15 QB.

Top 15 QB? Now you're just being Hysterical

Just looking at 2017

who says they aren't ?

Sorry I forgot any QB that puts on a 49er jersey on instantly gets upgraded into a top 15 QB.
ok, but who said the DL isn't the worst.

I would take our D line over lots of teams D lines but that's opinion base.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Serious question. Do we have the worst QB situation in the league?

Are you kidding? Not even close. Jets, Dolphins (w Tannehill injury), Bears, Bills, Texans (rookie or Savage), Browns, Jags, Ravens (currently) and possibly even the Broncos all worse QB situations than 49ers.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Aug 4, 2017 at 4:14 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Are you kidding? Not even close. Jets, Dolphins (w Tannehill injury), Bears, Bills, Texans (rookie or Savage), Browns, Jags, Ravens (currently) and possibly even the Broncos all worse QB situations than 49ers.

Hoyers a top 15 QB!!!

No I wasn't kidding ("Serious question"). I was asking.

So we are in the bottom tier but not dead last. I can see that.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 4, 2017 at 4:17 PM ]

No I wasn't kidding ("Serious question"). I was asking.

So we are in the bottom tier but not dead last. I can see that.

No I say we're in the second third QB situation out of 32 teams. Pretty confident between 15-20. Of course no one's even played a real game yet so I have to wait till at least a month into season before we can really tell if our QB group's at least in the top 20. Oh yeah I forgot, the Rams QB sit. is worse than ours too.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I would take our D line over lots of teams D lines but that's opinion base.
our defensive line and overall defense was one of the worst last year and they still are until they start playing in real time and we see what we have.
Originally posted by cciowa:
our defensive line and overall defense was one of the worst last year and they still are until they start playing in real time and we see what we have.

Can say that about Hoyer. If he shows why he's a journeyman back up in the first few weeks.

Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

AN long way to go...

Come on Jay, your better than that.

Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

AN long way to go...

Come on Jay, your better than that.

To funny
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

Can say that about Hoyer. If he shows why he's a journeyman back up in the first few weeks.
agree,.,. i like hoyer and i like what i have heard about him both on the field with his game and taking ownership of a team like we have not had since early 2012 with alex. but you are right. people are starving for any bit of hope about our team they will grab for the first thing out of camp with shiny bows and glitter. when they find there is a hook in it. to late
Share 49ersWebzone