There are 268 users in the forums

The Uniform Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Imagine Ohio State Unis with the 49er logo... we used to wear silver in the stone age is what i understand bring it back as a throwback Nick Joey would approve

With the 5 year cycle/jersey rule satisfied (we made changes to the sleeves entering 2017) I hope we drop the idiotic chest mark or at the very least replace it with the Quentin font.

I really hope we make the Quentin font our official full time wordmark again. It's pretty much been used everywhere more and more every year. Time to abandon that terrible one we introduced in 2005.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
With the 5 year cycle/jersey rule satisfied (we made changes to the sleeves entering 2017) I hope we drop the idiotic chest mark or at the very least replace it with the Quentin font.

I really hope we make the Quentin font our official full time wordmark again. It's pretty much been used everywhere more and more every year. Time to abandon that terrible one we introduced in 2005.

I truly hate that generic Kroger Brand Font they introduced back in 2005. They should of never got away from the Quentin font (Saloon) style that's a brand in itself. I would love to see that old fashioned style replace that crap they have on the current jerseys.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

I truly hate that generic Kroger Brand Font they introduced back in 2005. They should of never got away from the Quentin font (Saloon) style that's a brand in itself. I would love to see that old fashioned style replace that crap they have on the current jerseys.

i think its coming…all the new merch has saloon font
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol the current ones and the 80's ones are almost the same thing. They just need to widen the pants stripes and add a third stripe to the sleeves.

I'd really like to see them change the color of the pants. I'm not a huge fan of the lighter color they currently are.

I'd either prefer the khaki from the 80s uniforms or the metallic gold from the 98-08 uniforms.

agree i miss the khaki but i get why it is how it is now because they made the gold in the helmets have more pop. Given that yea they should make the pants metallic, thats what the raiders did with theirs. Not a fan of the current pee colored pants
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
agree i miss the khaki but i get why it is how it is now because they made the gold in the helmets have more pop. Given that yea they should make the pants metallic, thats what the raiders did with theirs. Not a fan of the current pee colored pants

When the current jerseys were introduced at 2009's draft day, the pants were metallic/shiny gold. I think they would be much nicer than the matte mustard color we have. Although Nike has ruined many teams' pants with their fabric since then anyways.

I really really hope so!! I feel like adding it to the jersey would be the final/official stamp on going back to the Quentin font. I can't wait for the current generic font to be fully abandoned and retired.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

When the current jerseys were introduced at 2009's draft day, the pants were metallic/shiny gold. I think they would be much nicer than the matte mustard color we have. Although Nike has ruined many teams' pants with their fabric since then anyways.

I really really hope so!! I feel like adding it to the jersey would be the final/official stamp on going back to the Quentin font. I can't wait for the current generic font to be fully abandoned and retired.

Would love to go back to the khaki - pee colored pants have to go.

None of the above. And take those stupid white ones also.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

None of the above. And take those stupid white ones also.

White ones are terrible.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Imagine Ohio State Unis with the 49er logo... we used to wear silver in the stone age is what i understand bring it back as a throwback Nick Joey would approve

Um, no.
I hate the constant changes. Please go back to the 80s unis since that was the best era in team history. Then keep them. All these changes are just about marketing. Very few of them for any team are actually improvements. Some are terrible. The Rams had one of the most iconic uniforms in the league and they F'd them up. Usually teams that keep making changes are crappy teams trying to change the team look and attitude. We don't need that. This is one of the greatest franchises in league history.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I hate the constant changes. Please go back to the 80s unis since that was the best era in team history. Then keep them. All these changes are just about marketing. Very few of them for any team are actually improvements. Some are terrible. The Rams had one of the most iconic uniforms in the league and they F'd them up. Usually teams that keep making changes are crappy teams trying to change the team look and attitude. We don't need that. This is one of the greatest franchises in league history.

Yeah I agree and we have gone back we have the classic look right now. There will always be alternates cuz that want to move merch. You bring up a good point sometimes clubs ditch the classic uni which looks better for some new crap permanently that's bad. Course 49ers tried to do this with the helmets, it didn't work cuz 49ers have real fans and they protested so hard the team pulled the decision. Here's Seifert smiling trying to push this crap which is a knock on his legacy. Least Eddie seems to realize he is holding a turd.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

i like our current 94 alts. The current setup is perfect, 80s classics as the regular and 94 alts. just make the pants less pee colored and we are golden
Share 49ersWebzone