There are 179 users in the forums

The Uniform Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Finally!
Saloon font forever! Championship font!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Now go back to the original SF logo on the helmet.
Now gets us a first round pick so we can show these off Thurs night
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i think they had it all year... for sure they had it in October from my personal pics

Our first home game was the Packers game in week 3 and the endzones had it

Our first home game with the regular uniforms was the following week against Seattle and the endzones had it as well.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Great news, now go back to the original logo on the helmet.

Ya thats the next change needed
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
I like it
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
LOVE IT.

Wonder if this means they're reverting back to Saloon font as the official typography logo for the team and using it in the endzones. The current one looks sooooooo Walmart.

Pretty sure they are. The one they introduced back in '06 is trash
Now is the time to get a new Jersey, we finally have come back home. NOW, let's, you know, win a Super Bowl with them!
Praise the lord for the saloon font that' what made the niners starter jacket stand out back in the day

The pants need to be fixed before the logo.

My issue with the current pants shade of gold is that they have too much yellow in them.

I'd like to see a return to either the more muted khaki color of the 64-95 uniforms

or the metallic gold from the 98-08 uniforms

Pants are fine, who cares. We buy shirts and jerseys not pants.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by linkboy:
The pants need to be fixed before the logo.

My issue with the current pants shade of gold is that they have too much yellow in them.

I'd like to see a return to either the more muted khaki color of the 64-95 uniforms

or the metallic gold from the 98-08 uniforms

I agree about the pants, I would also like to see the stripes on the socks come back.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Now go back to the original SF logo on the helmet.

Thisssssssssss.

I have a few minor gripes with our uniforms. I hate the 49ers logo between the facemask clips. I think it looks cleaner blank like the Chiefs or with the manufacturers like they previously had with Riddell. Also, I would've just removed the 49ers typeface entirely from the jersey but switching to the saloon font is much better than the previous one. Honestly, I wish they never touched the uniforms at all, but overall, I'm happy.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 25, 2022 at 10:45 AM ]
We have had the "saloon font" for every home game since 2018 outside of the home opener vs Detroit.

Whether it was the darker, red/black/gold version from candlestick or the red/white version at Levi's.. that logo was an absolute abomination from day 1 in 2005. The jersey was just about the last place it was in use. The sooner we can officially bury it for good… the better off we are.

I've probably been one or the more vocal fans here about the changes to the chest wordmark/logo. I could not be happier that it actually happened. A great day for niner fans!
Share 49ersWebzone