There are 218 users in the forums

The Uniform Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I couldn't care less unless there's some rings attached to it very soon
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
just get rid of the gold outlining, keep it simple with just the black

The team wants the gold in the logo so both of our primary colors are represented.

I think the biggest issue with the current logo is the black outline is just to thick.

Here's the current logo with the gold outline removed

The black border is way too thick and just takes over the entire logo (especially on the left or right side).

The thinner border on the classic logo looks a lot better.

I don't want to give up the current logo's overlap on the SF as I think it looks better then the classic logo.

I do like that they use the classic logo with the throwback uniforms, as I do think the lack of the gold compliments those uniforms better.
Originally posted by linkboy:

The team wants the gold in the logo so both of our primary colors are represented.

I think the biggest issue with the current logo is the black outline is just to thick.

The black border is way too thick and just takes over the entire logo (especially on the left or right side).

I don't want to give up the current logo's overlap on the SF as I think it looks better then the classic logo.

I do like that they use the classic logo with the throwback uniforms, as I do think the lack of the gold compliments those uniforms better.

Even that looks better, the gold makes it ugly,
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, that black outline is way too thick.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 26, 2022 at 1:28 PM ]
i like both
The pants need to be fixed before the logo.

My issue with the current pants shade of gold is that they have too much yellow in them.

I'd like to see a return to either the more muted khaki color of the 64-95 uniforms

or the metallic gold from the 98-08 uniforms

Jed likes his pants like he likes his mustard... grey poupon from the province of dijon

That actually looks really good. I'd be down

Even that looks better, the gold makes it ugly,

perhaps just have the same shape and thickness as the classic logo just with an additional line of gold. I think its the shape/size that makes the newer one look ugly, not necessarily the addition of gold
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

Same
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

Same

Only bad part is all my current 49ers merchandise would instantly become "retro"

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
The pants need to be fixed before the logo.

My issue with the current pants shade of gold is that they have too much yellow in them.

I'd like to see a return to either the more muted khaki color of the 64-95 uniforms

or the metallic gold from the 98-08 uniforms

Jed likes his pants like he likes his mustard... grey poupon from the province of dijon

Those 98 - 08 jerseys are hideous
Very excited about the uniforms, BUT they have got to change the logo NEXT! It's a deal breaker.

With old logo: 5 Superbowl wins
Without old logo: 2 Superbowl losses.

It is what it is, we haven't won a Superbowl since we completely diverted to the 1996 b*****d brandishing (aka when Eddie D knew he was losing the team, and had to keep the Bill Walsh logo away from the York family).
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:

They are, but I want the metallic pants with the traditional Red-White-Red stripe.

That's what the 09 uniforms were originally going to have.

These were taken by Upper Deck in 2009 for a rookie photo shoot

For some reason, they switched to a matte material and we've been using it ever since.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Very excited about the uniforms, BUT they have got to change the logo NEXT! It's a deal breaker.

With old logo: 5 Superbowl wins
Without old logo: 2 Superbowl losses.

It is what it is, we haven't won a Superbowl since we completely diverted to the 1996 b*****d brandishing (aka when Eddie D knew he was losing the team, and had to keep the Bill Walsh logo away from the York family).

Yes, new (old) logo is a must
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:

They are, but I want the metallic pants with the traditional Red-White-Red stripe.

That's what the 09 uniforms were originally going to have.

These were taken by Upper Deck in 2009 for a rookie photo shoot

For some reason, they switched to a matte material and we've been using it ever since.

I'd kinda like to see the pants and the top without the striping. We'd be like a pro version of Notre Dame which is a great look only with red obvi and a helmet logo / stripe.
Share 49ersWebzone