There are 184 users in the forums

The Uniform Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by cciowa:
does anyone have a picture of the 1991 or 1992 helmet redesign that got rejected huge by the fans like new coke??? i think i was the only one who liked it!! go figure!

🙏 thank God we didn't switch 😂

I LOVED IT!!
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
does anyone have a picture of the 1991 or 1992 helmet redesign that got rejected huge by the fans like new coke??? i think i was the only one who liked it!! go figure!

🙏 thank God we didn't switch 😂

I LOVED IT!!

Yikes!! That design Is horrendous.

How do you feel about that design all these years later? Do you still love It?
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
White Gold…

This would be an acceptable solution for an alternate helmet and jersey combo. The old red helmets did not have the logo which would look ridiculous like the old Green Bay or Detroit Lions alternates.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
White Gold…

This would be an acceptable solution for an alternate helmet and jersey combo. The old red helmets did not have the logo which would look ridiculous like the old Green Bay or Detroit Lions alternates.

Bosa would look great in these. I'd make the pants match the helmet.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Glad this POS Wordmark is gone hopefully retired forever NEVER go away from tradition. Quentin Font/Saloon Font 4 life!!!
👇💪

Yes, please!
White Gold…

That's silver and the 49ers should have gold in their uniforms.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
White Gold…

Did you not read it's white gold...
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Yes, please!

All I want is fitted hat with this across the front, I don't know why they won't give it to us.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Notice that some helmets have a silver stripe and some don't. Almost looks like a high school team buying used equipment. Number 47 is Dicky Moegle. He was one of my favorite players as a young boy. He was a RB at Rice but they switched him to DB with the Niners. He had 20 INTs in his first 3 years. He also carried the ball a little but they had McElhenny and Perry so he didn't get much work.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Notice that some helmets have a silver stripe and some don't. Almost looks like a high school team buying used equipment.

Stripes are for closers only.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Yikes!! That design Is horrendous.

How do you feel about that design all these years later? Do you still love It?

i love that design.. but remember who is talking here
White Gold…

Agreed. The red helmets are just too plain (even with just a silver stripe) and would make the team look too much like the Chiefs (or Alabama/Oklahoma).

The silver ("white gold") helmets at least still have the red-white-red striping and red oval "SF" logo which are all hallmarks of the 49ers look, despite having a different helmet shell color. Again, a pearlescent silvery helmet shell color would pair well with the 1994 throwback uniforms with the white pants, IMO
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
White Gold…

While true, it is a color the team has historically worn.

I'd rather they do something like that then those godawful black uniforms.
got the new font on the practice jerseys
Share 49ersWebzone