Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 244 users in the forums

The Raheem "The joy of a dream" Mostert thread!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Should move this to NFL Talk already.
So I heard that Kinlaw, Hurd, and Mostert had a meeting this morning….,,

What did they discuss????

AFLAK !

https://giphy.com/gifs/aflacduck-coach-saban-aflac-tdLQs5GpoNATyM3USn
[ Edited by mitpdub on Sep 14, 2021 at 4:59 PM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by FacePalm:
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
First quarter? 2 runs,Lol. Soft as cotton.

It's true.

There's a clear difference between being "soft" vs sustaining an injury to prevents you from playing, requires surgery and eventually effecting your long term health. "Soft" is when you sustain a minor injury and are able to play through the pain but refuse to do so. The timing is unfortunate but by no means does this injury categorize Mostert as "soft".
[ Edited by FacePalm on Sep 14, 2021 at 5:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Remember this is he guy that said pay me or trade me. He was willing to walk out on he team if he didn't get a bump in raise. So, It's not out the realm of possibilities that he chose to save himself for his next payday when he is already getting this years pay from the Niners. He probably said, "why comeback?"

The opposite is also not out of the realm of possibilities, yet many people are claiming it to be fact.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
The opposite is also not out of the realm of possibilities, yet many people are claiming it to be fact.

Nah
i meam at least he's addressing the issue fully. has to think long term. sucks for right now, but hopefully the surgery will go a long way. that is the point really
I mean it's understandable that he's thinking about his next payday and new team. Just sucks for the 9ers. But at the end of the day it's a business.
There's a clear difference between being "soft" vs sustaining an injury to prevents you from playing, requires surgery and eventually effecting your long term health. "Soft" is when you sustain a minor injury and are able to play through the pain but refuse to do so. The timing is unfortunate but by no means does this injury categorize Mostert as "soft".

An injury that prevents you from playing is an ACL tear like Jason Verrett suffered. Loose cartilage in the knee is a painful annoyance that generations of football players have played through. His election to clean it up with surgery in-season is something that many players do in the offseason, often with little fanfare. He is entitled to protect and preserve his body for free agency at the end of the year while collecting a year's salary for two rushes. Fans are entitled to say that is soft and selling out the team for his own goals. I think your assessment that this is the type of injury that can't be played on belies a hundred years of NFL history but, hey, this is the modern game and it's changed quite a lot.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
An injury that prevents you from playing is an ACL tear like Jason Verrett suffered. Loose cartilage in the knee is a painful annoyance that generations of football players have played through. His election to clean it up with surgery in-season is something that many players do in the offseason, often with little fanfare. He is entitled to protect and preserve his body for free agency at the end of the year while collecting a year's salary for two rushes. Fans are entitled to say that is soft and selling out the team for his own goals. I think your assessment that this is the type of injury that can't be played on belies a hundred years of NFL history but, hey, this is the modern game and it's changed quite a lot.

Nice post, you're not wrong but I understand why he elected to do it
obviously a loving relationship with front office.

Feel so bad for him
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
obviously a loving relationship with front office.

They definitely are not on the same page and about 9 games apart. Lol.

As for the bias mentioned with team doctors, they're not James Wood on Any Given Sunday, that's an extreme. But they are paid to keep players on the field. I don't think our Drs in any way coerce these guys to play hurt. Our track record shows the opposite.

Mostert may be soft is debatable, but he sure is brittle.
I don't want weak minded or in it for only him. Those players has to be in to together if your getting paid you must return not hard to understand. Our coach and GM drafts soft players.
Originally posted by 49ersgoldme2021:
I don't want weak minded or in it for only him. Those players has to be in to together if your getting paid you must return not hard to understand. Our coach and GM drafts soft players.

Mostert wasn't drafted by any team actually.
Originally posted by BSofSF:

Great post. Many NFL football players have nagging injuries they play through. Some will say by the end of the season there's a bunch a little nagging injuries and they clean up things via surgery (labrum, knees come to mind). Since play through muscle tears.

I'm very curious on the teams set stance on this since Mostert came to this decision with his team of doctors. He did it fast without much flinching.
Share 49ersWebzone