There are 262 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
lol
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Jan 5, 2020 at 1:20 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Jimmy's regular season record is outstanding, but the slate is wiped clean for the playoffs.

Previous 49er QB Playoff Record
Kaepernick: 4-2
Smith: 1-1
Garcia: 1-2
Young: 8-6
Montana: 16-7

Time for Jimmy to start catching up

You do realize this was Jim's first full regular season as a starter? Arrow pointing way up for Jim and the organization
  • Jaci
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Kyzen:
You better believe theres a ton of fans in NE that are wishing Jimmy G was their QB tonight!

nope

He said Jimmy G, not Mason Rudolph

oh well then, carry on...

What a werid place for a Steelers fan to be. In all seriousness, wouldn't it be more fun to hang out in a ravens forum?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
You do realize this was Jim's first full regular season as a starter? Arrow pointing way up for Jim and the organization

We don't call him Jim.

That's reserved for teammates and family.
Originally posted by Jaci:
What a werid place for a Steelers fan to be. In all seriousness, wouldn't it be more fun to hang out in a ravens forum?

Nope. If it was, then i would be on there...
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Jan 5, 2020 at 6:36 PM ]

I will never understand trolling...I just can't see finding joy in provoking others. Unless they're Seahawks fans, then by all means.
Jim is right on track, no worries.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Big game for Jimmy. I dunno for sure, but I bet I already know what Vikings fans are saying.

"We just shut down Drew Brees so we'll shut down Jimmy G"

Both QBs have the same media impression. Decent QBs who cant win big games. Or they arent the reason their team won. Even though Jimmy has done it, he still doesnt get credit for it. Nobody can ignore an impressive playoff game.
  • Jaci
  • Veteran

Party. You got a fun life it sounds like.
the 1 game where Jimmy G had a 4th Quarter comeback drive attempt and threw a game-ending interception.

Originally posted by SkyZer0:
the 1 game where Jimmy G had a 4th Quarter comeback drive attempt and threw a game-ending interception.

You gonna post this in every thread?

to every thread it's relevant to. you're goddamn right.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Jan 5, 2020 at 8:45 PM ]

Why would something that happened almost 2 years ago be relevant to this week?
Originally posted by Niners99:

Why would something that happened almost 2 years ago be relevant to this week?

boom
Originally posted by Goatie:
I bet BB wishes he hadnt traded Jimmy right about now.

It would have cost them too much cap space to keep Jimmy and Brady as well. Could only keep one. It would have been a big call to let Brady walk in 2017

But that was never the issue. JG just wanted to play, and 3 1/2 yrs being a good soldier, learning everything he could from Tom, and bill...and by his contract time at the start of FA, BB didn't want him to go but realized JG wanted to play...and start, and he was plenty good enough to do so. To show his appreciation for backing up 3 1/2 yrs, BB looked around for the best landing spot for Jimmy and Kyle plus JL and the 9ers were it.

Reportedly, Browns offered more than we did which was a 2nd. But BB wanted his hand picked , hand trained QB to go to a good place. And that is how we got him. Also, JL had chatted with BB during combine or somewhere else... whatever...but BB said no to a trade. So BB did know we were interested. Also after the SB when kyle lost at ATL, he met with BB and asked him what he had done wrong (supposedly). It impressed BB and when he almost ran out of time of letting JG walk or getting SOMETHING for him, he chose the 49ers, based on it being a storied franchise, but also on JL and KS.

Supposedly BB called John and said "I'll trade you JG for your 2nd pick...but you have to let me know in less than half an hour." The cut off time for JG to become a FA was down to 2 hrs or so, or so the story goes. And my guess is Browns has already made an offer better than a 2nd... but BB knew that was his value and dealt with us accordingly. KS and JL talked it over and got back to Bill and it was over. JimmyG got a good place to come to where his talent wouldn't be wasted, and BB did NOT want him going to a place like CLEV. He evidentally was very fond of JG and truly wanted to keep him but he couldn't let him start in front of Brady. So BB looked for and found JG a good home. Also, early the following yr, Trent Brown's contract yr, we traded Trent to BB for the sole purpose of protecting Brady. Trent didn't fit into Kyle's ZBS and BB wanted him. So we got compensated accordingly by BB.

The hard part was there must have been some unwritten agreement or understanding between Cousins and Kyle because Cousins is who kyle really wanted as his QB when his contract expired. So when JG became available, it was a big deal for kyle who had already decided on Cousins when he finished his contract. I have read here on the WZ that kyle still wasn't sure he really wanted JG after he saw him play his first couple games in yr 1. But by the time of game 5, his last , Kyle knew what he had in JG and the Cousins thing was over.

And here we are facing him in the playoffs in 6 days. Fascinating story but all true, but of course, all 2nd, 3rd or maybe even 4th hand.
Share 49ersWebzone