There are 136 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fan49:
The craziest thing about this whole debate Jimmy or trey is Our offensive line is going to be depleted In year three for him. So basically don't give him experience this year even though we're not winning the Super Bowl. Let him gain game experience and get better next season so that he doesn't have an offense of line in his real sophomore season.

I can't even begin on this one
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Yeah I know you can't. All we will have according to the roster is Alex Mack in Trent Williams
[ Edited by fan49 on Nov 1, 2021 at 9:27 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Dude...let.it.go.
You've been harping on this and will all year. We ALL get it. You don't have to keep saying it over and over and over and over and over and over.

You posted about this well over 200 times. It's not happening until either next season or we get eliminated from playoff contention.

Let. It. Go.

So don't get mad when our team is not good next year Because trey doesn't have any game experience

Trey had ONE season of college football after high school, and it was against Missouri Valley conference teams. You honestly think he can just step into an NFL offense with 17 post high school starts and learn on the job? He's soaking up everything this year so he can put it together next year. If hes out there too early, he's going to play poorly and lose confidence. His own personal QB coach said starting your rookie year as a QB isn't worth the risk. He is still going to get situational playing time this year.

Did you watch the AZ game? He knew so little of the playbook that Shanahan had to fill in the blanks with designed QB runs that put him at risk. Hes not ready. You seem to be having a hard time understanding that.

No I don't have a problem understanding that. I just don't want him to not be ready next season when he's going to play no matter what. I don't know if you think Jimmy still going to be on the team next season but he's not. And again soaking it up with exactly what you just said about his previous experience might not be enough and we shouldn't expect it to be enough

Yeah I know you can't. All we will have according to the roster is Alex Mack in Trent Williams

Alex Mack AND Trent Williams. And. You sound wasted af.
I'm over it. Can't remember the last time he had 3 straight solid games.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Hmmm…

Saints are suddenly on the hunt for a new QB…

Hmmm…

but trading Jimmy now, with no vet QB to help out, puts Trey right back into the fire.

I wouldn't trade JG to NO but if they offered 2 first round picks it would be very tempting.

I seriously doubt they offer that much though.

I'd pull that trade for one first round pick…
  • fan49
  • Veteran

Alex Mack AND Trent Williams. And. You sound wasted af.

Is that all you got for somebody who uses voice text and doesn't care about correction
[ Edited by fan49 on Nov 1, 2021 at 9:47 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Hmmm…

Hmmm…

but trading Jimmy now, with no vet QB to help out, puts Trey right back into the fire.

I wouldn't trade JG to NO but if they offered 2 first round picks it would be very tempting.

Jimmy is not worth a first. I don't know where people think or get that he is. The other teams that played against him know for the most part the defense and running game took us to the Super Bowl. Second off if somebody gave us a second or third right now you take that in a heartbeat. Not just because it is fair value but because we have no first round picks for two years
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

This is what I'm saying yes he was Jimmy Jesus against the Bears. Yes someone like me would say Deebo and Mitchell did most of the work. But he played well. But he can only be Jimmy Jesus two or three times a year. That two or three times will not get us to the Super Bowl again. We don't have the same team or the same talent to help him.

This is what I'm saying yes he was Jimmy Jesus against the Bears. Yes someone like me would say Deebo and Mitchell did most of the work. But he played well. But he can only be Jimmy Jesus two or three times a year. That two or three times will not get us to the Super Bowl again. We don't have the same team or the same talent to help him.

Another thing I realized. The team doesn't cheer for him because he's a leader, they cheer for him because he's not and he's the underdog.

We need an identity and Jimmy isn't the player that will give us one.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 1, 2021 at 10:50 PM ]

Hmmm…

Hmmm…

Jimmy is not worth a first. I don't know where people think or get that he is. The other teams that played against him know for the most part the defense and running game took us to the Super Bowl. Second off if somebody gave us a second or third right now you take that in a heartbeat. Not just because it is fair value but because we have no first round picks for two years

Nope! He's worth a first, easy. You are blindly dismissing the role Jimmy played in the 2019 Super Bowl run. You foolishly believe it was "just the running game" that got us there. You gloss over the incredible games he played during that stretch. It's no use to argue with a closed mind.

You're also forgetting how desperate the Saints may be. They could easily part with a first round pick, provided they are desperate enough.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Another thing I realized. The team doesn't cheer for him because he's a leader, they cheer for him because he's not and he's the underdog.

Where are you getting your information?

I ask because his a lot teammates appear to support him on social media and have publicly gone out of their way to do so in the press.
Originally posted by jcs:

I ask because his a lot teammates appear to support him on social media and have publicly gone out of their way to do so in the press.

They did the same for BDN also. That's why I'm saying that Jimmy is the underdog. We don't have an identity and he isn't the alpha dog in terms of play on the field. Joe was quiet, but his play on the field was alpha dog.

I got this off someone else but it gave me a chuckle lol

on a side note, I liked that spike and fire after his 2nd rushing td from him
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Nov 2, 2021 at 1:06 AM ]
Originally posted by jcs:

Maybe the players know a bit more about football and how Jimmy plays it then some people in this thread? Who would've thought?
Share 49ersWebzone