Compete in our 2024 NFL Pick ‘em contest →

There are 187 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Congrats to Jimmy Garappolo on replacing Dr. Fauci as Aaron Rodgers' favorite Italian
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Ok, enough of this. The stat lines aren't amazing but a mediocre qb doesn't take a team drafting 2nd overall the the SB that year. Then when that team loses him for 10 games goes 3-7 in those games then back to a conference championship game. I get why people would want to move on, but my God.

3 game-winning drives against 3 of the top 8 teams in the NFL....

Yeah Jimmy is playing his ass off and giving a lot of reasons not to let him go. And at the same time making his stock go up.

His stock isn't going anywhere. It is it isn't going to rise or lower with any of these games. The league knows who he is just as well as we do.
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Guy just won in Green Bay and walked off the field saying eff the packers. All haters now converted to JG supporters i mean if anything is gonna do it that would be it.

That's my quarterback 😢

Ok, enough of this. The stat lines aren't amazing but a mediocre qb doesn't take a team drafting 2nd overall the the SB that year. Then when that team loses him for 10 games goes 3-7 in those games then back to a conference championship game. I get why people would want to move on, but my God.

Sayin

Has a chance to take this team to the SB 2 out of 3 years also. He is far from perfect but the team just wins with him.
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by dj43:
As the game wound down, two quarterbacks had one final chance to drive their team down the field and win the game. #12 failed. #10 succeeded.

One their final possession, Rodgers had his first throw almost picked by Williams. On this next throw, he had a chance for a short completion for a first down but went for the bomb against a double-teamed Adams. Huganga almost picked that one. GB punted.

On that final drive, Garoppolo completed two key passes and the rest is history.

They're not facing the same defense...

And Jimmy has better weapons on offense.

This lol. The offensive weapons and the defense are way better on the Niner side. That's why I always say if we had a legit quarterback we would be unstoppable. If Trey Lance reaches half his potential We will be unstoppable as long as we keep This type of team together

Not true. The GB secondary is MUCH better than the 49ers. Alexander is an All-Pro at CB. Amos is very good in the back. Campbell is an All-Pro LB. GB sacked JG 4 times. (SF sacked Rodgers 5 times.)

On offense, the only place SF has a distinct advantage is at TE. Adams = Deebo. Jones = Mitchell. Everything else is pretty close.

In the end, a future HOFer was considered by 80% of the media to be the difference maker that would send GB to the NFCCG. He failed to hit open receivers at the end and they lost. Jimmy didn't.
this was a classic jimmy garoppolo game lol

feels great, baby!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Tman:
Guy just won in Green Bay and walked off the field saying eff the packers. All haters now converted to JG supporters i mean if anything is gonna do it that would be it.

That's my quarterback 😢

Each week, he's doing just enough to win while also validating the decision to get rid of him.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by 9ers4u:

Yeah Jimmy is playing his ass off and giving a lot of reasons not to let him go. And at the same time making his stock go up.

His stock isn't going anywhere. It is it isn't going to rise or lower with any of these games. The league knows who he is just as well as we do.

Correct.

None of these games matter. If teams like him, they will offer. If they don't, they won't. Teams already decided.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Flat out awful tonight.

Wrong. Recall he was putting it on everyone. TD to Kittle oh wait he dropped it. First down Jennings oh wait he dropped it. Catch BA oh wait he fumbled it upon review he dropped it. Holding on Williams there goes a TD drive. Facemask Eli there's another TD drive. Yet no one is blasting Eli, the drops, the holding just JG who WON. Great game JG

Did you not see the lofted stupid passes in the 2nd half? Yea his 1st 5 passes were good after that not so much. The INT was awful. He's lucky he didn't have 2 pick 6's. I have no idea how any person could watch that game and thing JG wasn't bad with out being biased. He was awful.

Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Each week, he's doing just enough to win while also validating the decision to get rid of him.

cry more
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by dj43:
Well, it didn't work that way tonight. In fact, the opposite was the case tonight.

Way to be a smarty-pants I would've said it another way but I don't feel like getting banned lol. Obviously it was the opposite tonight but 99.9% of the time Rodgers can win with a decent team and has been doing that forever. Jimmy can only win with an elite defense in an elite running game that is a fact it is not questionable not because I said it. Because Jimmy has only one with that. Jimmy and it's obvious by his place you cannot put them in a game where he's throwing 30+ passage to win a game. With a half ass defense.

Plus Rodgers with 0 TDs in 60 mins yet it's our QB that sucks
Maybe the weather played a role for both sides, uh, maybe... just a thought..

Anyone else notice how inaccurate Rodgers was tonight? Adams was having to dig balls off the turf, which completely killed opportunities for YAC.

I still remember the Pats/Bills tornado game where people were fluffing up Allen's strong arm even though way too many of his throws (short and long) were getting blown into oblivion because no one on earth can throw consistently with that wind. I thought the conditions were going to affect Rodgers too and it sort of did, but it took the 2nd half snow to really do that.
Flat out awful tonight.

Wrong. Recall he was putting it on everyone. TD to Kittle oh wait he dropped it. First down Jennings oh wait he dropped it. Catch BA oh wait he fumbled it upon review he dropped it. Holding on Williams there goes a TD drive. Facemask Eli there's another TD drive. Yet no one is blasting Eli, the drops, the holding just JG who WON. Great game JG

Did you not see the lofted stupid passes in the 2nd half? Yea his 1st 5 passes were good after that not so much. The INT was awful. He's lucky he didn't have 2 pick 6's. I have no idea how any person could watch that game and thing JG wasn't bad with out being biased. He was awful.

Well put in the whole thing. Neutrals like Bradshaw said it was a TD to Kittle and he ball was right on him he dropped it would have ran like 50+ yards to the house. Jennings dropped and so did BA. JG wasn't perfect but no one was. Include it all tho don't just talk about what he did wrong that's bias too.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

cry more

These guys are unbelievable. I guess they'd be more happy if the 9ers had a losing season.
Share 49ersWebzone