49ers solution to stadium heat!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Watch from home seems to work for a ton of fans.
Appreciate the suggestion, but again, that's avoiding the problem.

Qatar has new open air stadiums in the desert with state of the art cooling tech. Maybe they can look into that.

Pretty sure it won't work as Levi's is on the sun

Your seats face away from sun and have shade in the 2nd half of games, so your opinion is invalid.

Why should anyone who paid thousands of dollars in PSL's and then thousands more dollars for tickets have to "get tough?" Lol what a ridiculous argument. Fix the damn problem.
Originally posted by Furlow:

Qatar has new open air stadiums in the desert with state of the art cooling tech. Maybe they can look into that.

Your seats face away from sun and have shade in the 2nd half of games, so your opinion is invalid.

Why should anyone who paid thousands of dollars in PSL's and then thousands more dollars for tickets have to "get tough?" Lol what a ridiculous argument. Fix the damn problem.
where i sit now doesn't make it invalid lol

Yeah paying customers have a right to complain. By the time the weather is good we are out of the playoffs.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Where did you move to?

Where did you move to?
i haven't moved anywhere recently. but that is irrelevant

and i never said the only thing to do is tough it out
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Where did you move to?

So your seats are still in the South end zone, yeah? Where the sun is behind you, and where you have shade in the 2nd half.

You telling people who are ACTUALLY in seats with direct sun exposure to "get tough" is as hypocritical as it gets. What a joke.

Where did you move to?

So your seats are still in the South end zone, yeah? Where the sun is behind you, and where you have shade in the 2nd half.

You telling people who are ACTUALLY in seats with direct sun exposure to "get tough" is as hypocritical as it gets. What a joke.
there you go, making stuff up again..

There isn't any shade in that area in august/Sept/Oct lol.. and the main complaint is the heat. If the sun is still on you, well its still hot

and you must have some reading comprehension issues. as i just told you i never said to tough it out.

Do you even know why i moved around and started sitting in the south end zone before Levi's ? lol
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Where did you move to?

There isn't any shade in that area in august/Sept/Oct lol.. and the main complaint is the heat. If the sun is still on you, well its still hot

and you must have some reading comprehension issues. as i just told you i never said to tough it out.

Do you even know why i moved around and started sitting in the south end zone before Levi's ? lol

So the sun isn't hotter/more direct/more problematic if it's right in your face versus right behind you? Lol okay. People are complaining about the directness of the sun in their face and in their eyes. The air temperature is not the main issue.

What you're not doing is recognizing there's a problem. Instead you're making sarcastic, insulting remarks towards anyone complaining. If the 2-3 of you tough guys in here can take it, good for you. But it's an obvious problem and it's proven by the thousands of fans who avoid sitting in their seats on that side of the stadium. Which is also the backdrop for the TV, which makes it even more embarrassing for our fan base.

Where did you move to?

So the sun isn't hotter/more direct/more problematic if it's right in your face versus right behind you? Lol okay. People are complaining about the directness of the sun in their face and in their eyes. The air temperature is not the main issue.

What you're not doing is recognizing there's a problem. Instead you're making sarcastic, insulting remarks towards anyone complaining. If the 2-3 of you tough guys in here can take it, good for you. But it's an obvious problem and it's proven by the thousands of fans who avoid sitting in their seats on that side of the stadium. Which is also the backdrop for the TV, which makes it even more embarrassing for our fan base.
what insulting remarks have i said? The only thing that i'm arguing is that its hot if you sit in the sun everywhere during the months that are hot. Levi's is not some mystery spot lol

Do you complain about the sun at the beach ? i hope not, i bet you prepare to be in the sun right ?

and the reason i moved to the southside at candlestick is because it's hot in that fkn sun. same as Miami, same in Chicago, same at ATT park, same as any park without a dome. If you don't want to be in the sun, don't buy a ticket in the sun. easy
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Apr 5, 2018 at 9:54 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Where did you move to?

what insulting remarks have i said? The only thing that i'm arguing is that its hot if you sit in the sun everywhere during the months that are hot. Levi's is not some mystery spot lol

Do you complain about the sun at the beach ? i hope not, i bet you prepare to be in the sun right ?

and the reason i moved to the southside at candlestick is because it's hot in that fkn sun. same as Miami, same in Chicago, same at ATT park, same as any park without a dome. If you don't want to be in the sun, don't buy a ticket in the sun. easy

Levi's is absolutely a "mystery spot." The sun and how direct it feels is very much like a magnifying glass.

The beach, dude? No one pays a PSL nor buys tickets to the beach. Terrible analogy.

Here you go again naming old stadiums that didn't cost over a billion dollars. Well, AT&T isn't old but very few seats there face directly into the sun, and there's no magnifying effect, and it's right on the water with the entire outfield open so ocean breezes come right in. So that too is a terrible example.

Levi's is simply a bad design and horrible allocation of resources. I have no clue why you continue to defend it and insult people who complain about it.
[ Edited by Furlow on Apr 5, 2018 at 10:20 PM ]

• Furlow
  • Veteran
I guess Harbaugh wasn't tough either.

"That club is on the sun side, the sun is punishing, and Harbaugh quickly decided that there's no way the 49ers would take the "sun" sideline–he wants his opponents to bake, not his own team–so he switched the 49ers to the other (shade) sideline."

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/12/12/levis-part-2/

And even though he's gone, the Niners keep that as the home sideline, despite the organization's plans. So they KNOW it's a problem.

Where did you move to?

Levi's is absolutely a "mystery spot." The sun and how direct it feels is very much like a magnifying glass.

The beach, dude? No one pays a PSL not buys tickets to the beach. Terrible analogy.

Here you go again naming old stadiums that didn't cost over a billion dollars. Well, AT&T isn't old but very few seats there face directly into the sun, and there's no magnifying effect, and it's right on the water with the entire outfield open so ocean breezes come right in. So that too is a terrible example.

Levi's is simply a bad design and horrible allocation of resources. I have no clue why you continue to defend it and insult people who complain about it.
it's def burning at att. you probably don't go there enough like Levi's and candlestick because its really showing that you don't. especially with open air stadiums no matter what the cost. no open air stadium is going to be able to shade everywhere at the same time.

that analogy is great, the beach is free and people prepare for it. but i guess when you spend more money you should be less prepared ? funny.

people are blaming their own issues of not preparing on the stadium. ridiculous

like i said don't buy a ticket in the sun. there are seating maps. easy
I guess Harbaugh wasn't tough either.

"That club is on the sun side, the sun is punishing, and Harbaugh quickly decided that there's no way the 49ers would take the "sun" sideline–he wants his opponents to bake, not his own team–so he switched the 49ers to the other (shade) sideline."

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/12/12/levis-part-2/

And even though he's gone, the Niners keep that as the home sideline, despite the organization's plans. So they KNOW it's a problem.
every NFL team does this
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Where did you move to?

The beach, dude? No one pays a PSL not buys tickets to the beach. Terrible analogy.

it's def burning at att. you probably don't go there enough like Levi's and candlestick because its really showing that you don't. especially with open air stadiums no matter what the cost. no open air stadium is going to be able to shade everywhere at the same time.

that analogy is great, the beach is free and people prepare for it. but i guess when you spend more money you should be less prepared ? funny.

people are blaming their own issues of not preparing on the stadium. ridiculous

like i said don't buy a ticket in the sun. there are seating maps. easy

I live in San Diego, so I don't go to either stadium regularly. But I've been to plenty of games at AT&T. Sure, it's hotter in the sun, but AT&T does not share the same issue as Levi's. And again, it's not nearly the same number of seats. Good try though.

You could try using period blood for sun screen.
Share 49ersWebzone