LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 187 users in the forums

49ers solution to stadium heat!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by longterm9erfan:
The Roman Colosseum could hold up to 75.000 spectators.
Spectators were shielded from the sun thanks to a huge velarium, which consisted of a canvas-covered, net-like structure made of ropes, with a hole in the center.

Just sayin'
They also had slaves and used them as ottomans ,cup holders etc

Just sayin

True...but not relevant to this thread... Just stating the facts, sir!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baylor:
Originally posted by Furlow:
So the sun isn't hotter/more direct/more problematic if it's right in your face versus right behind you? Lol okay. People are complaining about the directness of the sun in their face and in their eyes. The air temperature is not the main issue.

What you're not doing is recognizing there's a problem. Instead you're making sarcastic, insulting remarks towards anyone complaining. If the 2-3 of you tough guys in here can take it, good for you. But it's an obvious problem and it's proven by the thousands of fans who avoid sitting in their seats on that side of the stadium. Which is also the backdrop for the TV, which makes it even more embarrassing for our fan base.
You could try using period blood for sun screen.

Really?

Just hand these out as giveaways before games
Originally posted by Furlow:
So the sun isn't hotter/more direct/more problematic if it's right in your face versus right behind you? Lol okay. People are complaining about the directness of the sun in their face and in their eyes. The air temperature is not the main issue.

What you're not doing is recognizing there's a problem. Instead you're making sarcastic, insulting remarks towards anyone complaining. If the 2-3 of you tough guys in here can take it, good for you. But it's an obvious problem and it's proven by the thousands of fans who avoid sitting in their seats on that side of the stadium. Which is also the backdrop for the TV, which makes it even more embarrassing for our fan base.
You could try using period blood for sun screen.

Lmfao!
How about people quit being soft. Come to Texas and sit through any college football or baseball game anytime between May or September, and see how hot it gets. You have the best weather in the United States.

This. These NoCal softies don't know what "hot" feels like until they've spent a summer in the south eastern US
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Apr 6, 2018 at 8:36 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I will trade you july humidty in iowa for your dry heat out there
I had to sound like a "whiner" or "complainer" but as a season ticket holder I have to agree with this thread. Yes, I'm a millenial (28 years old). But I bought 2 lower section season tickets in the 124 section and although this is only my third year coming up, its not directly in the sun like the upper seats but there's a section above us that's covering half of our seats. My seats actually fall right above the other section so I'm not covered by that and it is pretty annoying. I used to go to a ton of games at Candlestick and now being at Levi's its just not the same. I regret buying season tickets to this cookie cutter stadium and now I'm stuck. I love Santa Clara and the bay area but its just way hotter here in San Jose/Santa Clara where I live than SF. There was just something about that Candlestick breeze that I miss.

The opening game last year vs the Panthers was dreadful. I was literally melting in my seat and couldn't even enjoy my second beer. I will say that the night games at Levi's are the best. The Thursday-Nighter vs the rams was the best game I ever went to at Levis. I wish all our games were after 5 pm or PrimeTime for the first two months. November and December its ok its just Sept/Oct.
[ Edited by PrimeTime on Apr 6, 2018 at 9:24 AM ]
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
How about people quit being soft. Come to Texas and sit through any college football or baseball game anytime between May or September, and see how hot it gets. You have the best weather in the United States.

This. These NoCal softies don't know what "hot" feels like until they've spent a summer in the south eastern US

As I said before stupid is as stupid does.
I've had season tix since Levi's opened in the upper deck. The sun ain't s**t!!!

You hicks don't even go to games. I think you would melt in the sun side at Santa Clara in September. There is a reason the entire section is empty. If you can afford tickets to fly out here and attend games in the sun, please critique. If not, zip the lip and consider being a Texans fan.

Originally posted by PrimeTime:
I had to sound like a "whiner" or "complainer" but as a season ticket holder I have to agree with this thread. Yes, I'm a millenial (28 years old). But I bought 2 lower section season tickets in the 124 section and although this is only my third year coming up, its not directly in the sun like the upper seats but there's a section above us that's covering half of our seats. My seats actually fall right above the other section so I'm not covered by that and it is pretty annoying. I used to go to a ton of games at Candlestick and now being at Levi's its just not the same. I regret buying season tickets to this cookie cutter stadium and now I'm stuck. I love Santa Clara and the bay area but its just way hotter here in San Jose/Santa Clara where I live than SF. There was just something about that Candlestick breeze that I miss.

The opening game last year vs the Panthers was dreadful. I was literally melting in my seat and couldn't even enjoy my second beer. I will say that the night games at Levi's are the best. The Thursday-Nighter vs the rams was the best game I ever went to at Levis. I wish all our games were after 5 pm or PrimeTime for the first two months. November and December its ok its just Sept/Oct.

You are not stuck, there are options to move.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:

You hicks don't even go to games. I think you would melt in the sun side at Santa Clara in September. There is a reason the entire section is empty. If you can afford tickets to fly out here and attend games in the sun, please critique. If not, zip the lip and consider being a Texans fan.

no need for that.. i think people used to hot weather are just more used to how to dress and handle it. its like if you stick someone from california in the middle of just a two inch snow storm , they would be in the ditch in two seconds as compared to people who are used to it
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
The fake tough guys are completely missing the point. The stadium is practically brand new and has a glaring problem that needs to be fixed. If half the seats had an obstucted view, would you say "just lean over" to watch the game? Of course not. The magnifying glass effect in the stadium was not anticipated. Nor was Harbaugh's move of the team to the other side. You have people who paid PSL's and bought tickets on the east side anticipating that they'd be able to watch the players walk through the club below. That didn't happen. And now they're stuck in the sun in a microwave. Ridiculous.
Originally posted by cciowa:
no need for that.. i think people used to hot weather are just more used to how to dress and handle it. its like if you stick someone from california in the middle of just a two inch snow storm , they would be in the ditch in two seconds as compared to people who are used to it

Yes, there is a need. Easy to critique when you aren't the one dropping thousands of dollars to support our team and suffer through that crap.

This is leisure money. Not, "suck it up and pay thousands!" Eff that. Unless you are dropping the money to sit in that hot ass sun I think its BS. Cheap talk as they say

Not talking to you, the other tough guys who never even been to a game
Originally posted by sacniner:

You know nothing about heat crybaby.
Share 49ersWebzone