LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 266 users in the forums

49ers solution to stadium heat!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Only certain games and certain places. Actually have never found a place where they give it out.

Are you seats in the sun? What are your thoughts on that situation?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by PrimeTime:
You are not stuck, there are options to move.

True, but the area that's covered in shade (where I would rather move), is like 2x 3x the price of where I'm currently sitting for lower section. I did look into that last year and will consider it again for sure in the near future. It's not the worst thing in the world I just think its more of where the location is in Santa Clara directly on the east side with the glaring sun. We do sound like cry babies a bit but its just frustrating because you see all of these new stadiums completely s**tting on ours and I just don't get it for being a 4 year old stadium. Why the hell do the Rams get to have a shiny covered roof with side openings to their stadium to protect them from the sun. We should have planned better and not copied the exact f***ing design of what was supposed to replace candlestick. This is Silicon Valley, the cradle of innovation. We don't make mistakes and when we do its considered "a bug"

rams and chargers stadium does not have a roof. I'm sure there will be complaints from the people who will get sun

What section are you in? Try using the seat relocation and move back to the last 5-4 rows in your section where it's covered
Stop spreading misinformation.

"The first indoor-outdoor stadium to ever be constructed," he added, "so really a clear roof to protect fans from the elements, but also open air on all sides. There are no walls on the building, so you'll feel like you're sitting in an open-air stadium."

http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Los-Angeles-Rams-New-Stadium-in-Inglewood-Begins-to-Take-Shape/5b0fde0e-89e2-4593-8c72-632793e28507

Sorry, bud. I know it's your uncle, but Levi's is a joke.
Originally posted by Furlow:

True, but the area that's covered in shade (where I would rather move), is like 2x 3x the price of where I'm currently sitting for lower section. I did look into that last year and will consider it again for sure in the near future. It's not the worst thing in the world I just think its more of where the location is in Santa Clara directly on the east side with the glaring sun. We do sound like cry babies a bit but its just frustrating because you see all of these new stadiums completely s**tting on ours and I just don't get it for being a 4 year old stadium. Why the hell do the Rams get to have a shiny covered roof with side openings to their stadium to protect them from the sun. We should have planned better and not copied the exact f***ing design of what was supposed to replace candlestick. This is Silicon Valley, the cradle of innovation. We don't make mistakes and when we do its considered "a bug"

rams and chargers stadium does not have a roof. I'm sure there will be complaints from the people who will get sun

What section are you in? Try using the seat relocation and move back to the last 5-4 rows in your section where it's covered

"The first indoor-outdoor stadium to ever be constructed," he added, "so really a clear roof to protect fans from the elements, but also open air on all sides. There are no walls on the building, so you'll feel like you're sitting in an open-air stadium."

http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Los-Angeles-Rams-New-Stadium-in-Inglewood-Begins-to-Take-Shape/5b0fde0e-89e2-4593-8c72-632793e28507

lol, the last i heard was it was going to be a mesh canopy.

is that what you want a clear roof for shade..Good luck with the green house
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Apr 6, 2018 at 3:49 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

I'll bet that the roof is tinted somehow. If not that's an easy fix with a roof already in place.

Levi's is flawed, period.

I'll bet that the roof is tinted somehow. If not that's an easy fix with a roof already in place.

Flawed to the entitled i guess
Originally posted by Baylor:
How about people quit being soft. Come to Texas and sit through any college football or baseball game anytime between May or September, and see how hot it gets. You have the best weather in the United States.

I heard that!!! Too many vages. Try going to a fkn Iron Bowl game!!! Lol seen an LSU-Florida game too. Fk man the heat and humidity is 100x worse than what we experience here.
I mean here it does blast down on ya, but the sun did the same too back in the stick to those on the 50 behind the visiting team. Maybe because there's a lack of breeze in Santa Clara.

I think it's an issue too because everyone is fkn drinking lol. If it's not soda it's beer. They ain't properly hydrating lol.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

If by entitled you mean people who pay thousands in PSL's and then more thousands for ticket. Yes.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
This is really a heated debate. lol. ok full disclosure. i have never been there and being from iowa i THINK i know what precautions to take so i would not get sick but i do not know until i set out there for 4 hours in the sun baking . I am asking. are the complaints about the stadium or sun coming from just a few disgruntled well meaning fans on a forum? Has this story gotten any legs where it matters . in other words has jed ever come under enough pressure to address this in public or in the media? you know when we tried to change the logo back in the day. outcry. it forced eddy to scrap the logo no matter if i thought it was cool!.. is this just a non story that is limited to us discussing it on a forum or does it have any traction in the real world where it has forced jeds hand to talk about it.. kind of like when the field was in crap shape in the beginning and it forced a conversation on how to fix it..... if it has ever been fixed
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Baylor:
How about people quit being soft. Come to Texas and sit through any college football or baseball game anytime between May or September, and see how hot it gets. You have the best weather in the United States.

I heard that!!! Too many vages. Try going to a fkn Iron Bowl game!!! Lol seen an LSU-Florida game too. Fk man the heat and humidity is 100x worse than what we experience here.
I mean here it does blast down on ya, but the sun did the same too back in the stick to those on the 50 behind the visiting team. Maybe because there's a lack of breeze in Santa Clara.

I think it's an issue too because everyone is fkn drinking lol. If it's not soda it's beer. They ain't properly hydrating lol.

Period blood for sunscreen, now vages. Classy, fellas.

Do any of the folks attending Texas/LSU/Florida college football games have to pay thousands in PSL's and thousands more for tickets? No. Another terrible analogy.

There is not one single argument that makes any sense for a) leaving the stadium as it is and/or b) expecting fans to "tough it out" in those seats. Unless of course you're the owner or related to the owner. It's a flawed stadium, fact. Whether they knew ahead of time and didn't care or they weren't smart enough to figure it out beforehand - it's a mistake that needs to be fixed. If it isn't, our organization and fans will continue to look foolish because people aren't going to sit in those seats during day games.

If by entitled you mean people who pay thousands in PSL's and then more thousands for ticket. Yes.
No one was duped into buying tickets, that falls on the buyer

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:

the humidity is really really tough. and you are right.. i know an ice cold beer and dew taste great but in that weather.. you best stick to water bananas and sports drinks.. it seems like you guys all agree that lack of breeze is the b***h and there is not much you can do about it. something that maybe flew under their radar when they were starting to design and then build the place?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

you are right.. if people really hate it. then can either deal with it cuz it sounds like it can not change or turn in your tickets. its like if you live by a race track and you are pissed cuz the races keep you up late at night.. its your own fault. you knew what you were getting into. good points on all sides here
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
This is really a heated debate. lol. ok full disclosure. i have never been there and being from iowa i THINK i know what precautions to take so i would not get sick but i do not know until i set out there for 4 hours in the sun baking . I am asking. are the complaints about the stadium or sun coming from just a few disgruntled well meaning fans on a forum? Has this story gotten any legs where it matters . in other words has jed ever come under enough pressure to address this in public or in the media? you know when we tried to change the logo back in the day. outcry. it forced eddy to scrap the logo no matter if i thought it was cool!.. is this just a non story that is limited to us discussing it on a forum or does it have any traction in the real world where it has forced jeds hand to talk about it.. kind of like when the field was in crap shape in the beginning and it forced a conversation on how to fix it..... if it has ever been fixed

It's a real problem, man. Watch any game on TV and you'll see 75% of those seats empty. Meanwhile on the home side (where there's shade from the press box and luxury suites), most people are sitting there watching. The end zones are usually pretty full. But the entire east side of the stadium is baked. I've sat on that side twice and both times it was miserable. And that was in December! Lol. Temperature was 68-70 degrees but felt like 90. Not the air around, mind you. "Magnifying glass" is the best way I can put it.

Contrast that with the west/home side, and it's a completely different experience. Same air temperature, but you're not getting microwaved, and no glare from the sun. That's the other thing about the east side, is you're staring at the sun and can barely see the game. It's ridiculous.

Put a damn roof over the stadium like LA is doing, but keep it "open air." There's is a great idea. If that's "too expensive" (weak ass argument for a multi-billionaire owner) then at least put up an awning that would provide some shade over the east side. If none of that is feasible, then start refunding people their PSL money. Make those seats dramatically less expensive and then you'll start to see those seats filled. Then the "tough guy" argument will hold water.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

you are right.. if people really hate it. then can either deal with it cuz it sounds like it can not change or turn in your tickets. its like if you live by a race track and you are pissed cuz the races keep you up late at night.. its your own fault. you knew what you were getting into. good points on all sides here

Can't just turn in your tickets. The PSL is a contract that has to be paid. And no one who is looking to buy season tickets is going to pay anywhere near full price for a PSL on the east side. Those seats/PSL's are worth half of the west side.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
It's a real problem, man. Watch any game on TV and you'll see 75% of those seats empty. Meanwhile on the home side (where there's shade from the press box and luxury suites), most people are sitting there watching. The end zones are usually pretty full. But the entire east side of the stadium is baked. I've sat on that side twice and both times it was miserable. And that was in December! Lol. Temperature was 68-70 degrees but felt like 90. Not the air around, mind you. "Magnifying glass" is the best way I can put it.

Contrast that with the west/home side, and it's a completely different experience. Same air temperature, but you're not getting microwaved, and no glare from the sun. That's the other thing about the east side, is you're staring at the sun and can barely see the game. It's ridiculous.

Put a damn roof over the stadium like LA is doing, but keep it "open air." There's is a great idea. If that's "too expensive" (weak ass argument for a multi-billionaire owner) then at least put up an awning that would provide some shade over the east side. If none of that is feasible, then start refunding people their PSL money. Make those seats dramatically less expensive and then you'll start to see those seats filled. Then the "tough guy" argument will hold water.
this is a really good post. designing a stadium where the fans can not see the game due to the sun is stupid. and yes i am from iowa and i talk tough but i sympathize with you.. i am a hearty iowan but four hours in 70 degree weather , heat coming up from the field. reflecting etc.. it can get to people
Share 49ersWebzone