Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by PrimeTime:
You are not stuck, there are options to move.

True, but the area that's covered in shade (where I would rather move), is like 2x 3x the price of where I'm currently sitting for lower section. I did look into that last year and will consider it again for sure in the near future. It's not the worst thing in the world I just think its more of where the location is in Santa Clara directly on the east side with the glaring sun. We do sound like cry babies a bit but its just frustrating because you see all of these new stadiums completely s**tting on ours and I just don't get it for being a 4 year old stadium. Why the hell do the Rams get to have a shiny covered roof with side openings to their stadium to protect them from the sun. We should have planned better and not copied the exact f***ing design of what was supposed to replace candlestick. This is Silicon Valley, the cradle of innovation. We don't make mistakes and when we do its considered "a bug"

rams and chargers stadium does not have a roof. I'm sure there will be complaints from the people who will get sun

What section are you in? Try using the seat relocation and move back to the last 5-4 rows in your section where it's covered
Stop spreading misinformation.

"The first indoor-outdoor stadium to ever be constructed," he added, "so really a clear roof to protect fans from the elements, but also open air on all sides. There are no walls on the building, so you'll feel like you're sitting in an open-air stadium."

http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Los-Angeles-Rams-New-Stadium-in-Inglewood-Begins-to-Take-Shape/5b0fde0e-89e2-4593-8c72-632793e28507

Sorry, bud. I know it's your uncle, but Levi's is a joke.
lol, the last i heard was it was going to be a mesh canopy.

is that what you want a clear roof for shade..Good luck with the green house

I'll bet that the roof is tinted somehow. If not that's an easy fix with a roof already in place.

Levi's is flawed, period.
Flawed to the entitled i guess

If by entitled you mean people who pay thousands in PSL's and then more thousands for ticket. Yes.
No one was duped into buying tickets, that falls on the buyer

No one knew about the microwave effect, not sure how that "falls on the buyer." Does the "seller" not have ANY responsibility for their product not being what they advertised?

And the fans on the east WERE duped into thinking they were purchasing on the home side, and would be able to watch the Niners take the field through the lower club. I've talked with numerous fans in those sections who are pissed and discussing a class action suit against the Niners.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Can't just turn in your tickets. The PSL is a contract that has to be paid. And no one who is looking to buy season tickets is going to pay anywhere near full price for a PSL on the east side. Those seats/PSL's are worth half of the west side.

i did not know that, thank you
Originally posted by cciowa:

you are right.. if people really hate it. then can either deal with it cuz it sounds like it can not change or turn in your tickets. its like if you live by a race track and you are pissed cuz the races keep you up late at night.. its your own fault. you knew what you were getting into. good points on all sides here

Can't just turn in your tickets. The PSL is a contract that has to be paid. And no one who is looking to buy season tickets is going to pay anywhere near full price for a PSL on the east side. Those seats/PSL's are worth half of the west side.
False

That is false CC.

This isn't a car or house. It's a seat for entertainment. The only one who loses is the fan.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

you are right.. if people really hate it. then can either deal with it cuz it sounds like it can not change or turn in your tickets. its like if you live by a race track and you are pissed cuz the races keep you up late at night.. its your own fault. you knew what you were getting into. good points on all sides here

False
oh dear,, now i do not know what to believe .. i do get furlows point.. people get tickets cuz they are good fans but then when they find out about the flaws he layed out.. its to late to do anything about it. again if we are a good team.. i am really interested in seeing if this issue goes away or stays. i would think if you put out a good product and still have empty seats,. that would force a conversation?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

That is false CC.

This isn't a car or house. It's a seat for entertainment. The only one who loses is the fan.

you know i have enough problems here. now i am caught between two posters i great respect who tell me different things!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
It's a real problem, man. Watch any game on TV and you'll see 75% of those seats empty. Meanwhile on the home side (where there's shade from the press box and luxury suites), most people are sitting there watching. The end zones are usually pretty full. But the entire east side of the stadium is baked. I've sat on that side twice and both times it was miserable. And that was in December! Lol. Temperature was 68-70 degrees but felt like 90. Not the air around, mind you. "Magnifying glass" is the best way I can put it.

Contrast that with the west/home side, and it's a completely different experience. Same air temperature, but you're not getting microwaved, and no glare from the sun. That's the other thing about the east side, is you're staring at the sun and can barely see the game. It's ridiculous.

Put a damn roof over the stadium like LA is doing, but keep it "open air." There's is a great idea. If that's "too expensive" (weak ass argument for a multi-billionaire owner) then at least put up an awning that would provide some shade over the east side. If none of that is feasible, then start refunding people their PSL money. Make those seats dramatically less expensive and then you'll start to see those seats filled. Then the "tough guy" argument will hold water.
this is a really good post. designing a stadium where the fans can not see the game due to the sun is stupid. and yes i am from iowa and i talk tough but i sympathize with you.. i am a hearty iowan but four hours in 70 degree weather , heat coming up from the field. reflecting etc.. it can get to people

Not to harp on you because you seem to get this, but the difference with those college games in Iowa, is the fans didn't pay a PSL. Ticket prices aren't thousands of dollars. That's the issue. The PSL's are essentially to subsidize the construction of the stadium, so the season ticket holders "own" a piece of it (not legally of course but in spirit). And in return they get microwaved and increase their chances of getting skin cancer 8-10 Sundays per year? Pass on that! I feel bad for anyone who's stuck in that situation. And no, it's not as easy as "just moving." There is no incentive for the organization to move people, unless they're willing to upgrade their seats and pay more money. I did talk with a few people who successfully moved, but they had to pay a higher amount than others for their PSL on the west side. Terrible business practices going on.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

False
oh dear,, now i do not know what to believe .. i do get furlows point.. people get tickets cuz they are good fans but then when they find out about the flaws he layed out.. its to late to do anything about it. again if we are a good team.. i am really interested in seeing if this issue goes away or stays. i would think if you put out a good product and still have empty seats,. that would force a conversation?

The PSL is not a contract? Lol. Do tell.

True, but the area that's covered in shade (where I would rather move), is like 2x 3x the price of where I'm currently sitting for lower section. I did look into that last year and will consider it again for sure in the near future. It's not the worst thing in the world I just think its more of where the location is in Santa Clara directly on the east side with the glaring sun. We do sound like cry babies a bit but its just frustrating because you see all of these new stadiums completely s**tting on ours and I just don't get it for being a 4 year old stadium. Why the hell do the Rams get to have a shiny covered roof with side openings to their stadium to protect them from the sun. We should have planned better and not copied the exact f***ing design of what was supposed to replace candlestick. This is Silicon Valley, the cradle of innovation. We don't make mistakes and when we do its considered "a bug"

rams and chargers stadium does not have a roof. I'm sure there will be complaints from the people who will get sun

What section are you in? Try using the seat relocation and move back to the last 5-4 rows in your section where it's covered

"The first indoor-outdoor stadium to ever be constructed," he added, "so really a clear roof to protect fans from the elements, but also open air on all sides. There are no walls on the building, so you'll feel like you're sitting in an open-air stadium."

http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Los-Angeles-Rams-New-Stadium-in-Inglewood-Begins-to-Take-Shape/5b0fde0e-89e2-4593-8c72-632793e28507

I'll bet that the roof is tinted somehow. If not that's an easy fix with a roof already in place.

If by entitled you mean people who pay thousands in PSL's and then more thousands for ticket. Yes.

No one knew about the microwave effect, not sure how that "falls on the buyer." Does the "seller" not have ANY responsibility for their product not being what they advertised?

And the fans on the east WERE duped into thinking they were purchasing on the home side, and would be able to watch the Niners take the field through the lower club. I've talked with numerous fans in those sections who are pissed and discussing a class action suit against the Niners.
Eastside will always be in the sun and will always be baked.

and who said they don't go through the club?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

That is false CC.

you know i have enough problems here. now i am caught between two posters i great respect who tell me different things!

CC, does this look like a contract to you? Lol

https://levisstadium.strmarketplace.com/User-Agreement.aspx

That is false CC.

theres one who lives in San Diego and there's one who lives in SC and is a SBL holder muah

yes the SBL is a contract, but you are not going to receive anything for cancelling your SBL
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

If enough people like yourself keep defending billionaire owners, then yes it will always be in the sun and be baked.

It's well documented that Harbaugh switched the Niners home side from the east side to the west side, and that meant they could not enter the field through the middle of the club section on the 50 yard on the east side, because that would mean they would be running through the opposing bench.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

That is false CC.

theres one who lives in San Diego and there's one who lives in SC and is a SBL holder muah

yes the SBL is a contract, but you are not going to receive anything for cancelling your SBL

Thank you for retracting your lie.

"Not going to receive anything for cancelling your SBL?" What are you even saying? It's a contract, meaning, you have to pay it if you want to continue to purchase seats. If you don't pay it, you can't purchase seats anymore. You can try to sell it, but it's only worth about half of a PSL on the west/home side. So season ticket holders on the east side who are unsuccessful at switching their seats are screwed. Contractually.

If enough people like yourself keep defending billionaire owners, then yes it will always be in the sun and be baked.

It's well documented that Harbaugh switched the Niners home side from the east side to the west side, and that meant they could not enter the field through the middle of the club section on the 50 yard on the east side, because that would mean they would be running through the opposing bench.

Harbaugh switched that before even playing a game at Levi's, i wonder why. I will answer for you, because the east side of stadiums get the sun ! lol

That is false CC.

Thank you for retracting your lie.

"Not going to receive anything for cancelling your SBL?" What are you even saying? It's a contract, meaning, you have to pay it if you want to continue to purchase seats. If you don't pay it, you can't purchase seats anymore. You can try to sell it, but it's only worth about half of a PSL on the west/home side. So season ticket holders on the east side who are unsuccessful at switching their seats are screwed. Contractually.
what lie, i'm a SBL holder lol

CC is talking about getting out of the purchase, which you can and without any issues.
Share 49ersWebzone