There are 245 users in the forums

49ers solution to stadium heat!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What is 49AlltheTime's deal with Levi's and his love affair for this piece of sh!t stadium? Every chance he gets he defends it against all criticism despite the fact that those criticisms are valid and warranted. I've met pretty much no one who likes this stadium and yet this guy can't find even a single flaw in a venue that's riddled with them.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
What is 49AlltheTime's deal with Levi's and his love affair for this piece of sh!t stadium? Every chance he gets he defends it against all criticism despite the fact that those criticisms are valid and warranted. I've met pretty much no one who likes this stadium and yet this guy can't find even a single flaw in a venue that's riddled with them.

Lol, if all you can do is blame the weather then that's not a real reason.

There is not a bad seat in the house and there are plenty of non-trough bathrooms that don't take a hour wait. If you are delicate, don't buy tix in the sun
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

There is not a bad seat in the house and there are plenty of non-trough bathrooms that don't take a hour wait. If you are delicate, don't buy tix in the sun

both these guys have legit arguments in my opinion. i have never been there but am a hearty iowan so i am not phased by the heat one bit. the damn humidity is another issue. but i do get those who can not take the heat as well as others. i just wonder if the outcry about the heat and sun thing is enough to make jed do something like build over hangs or i think they are called pergola ? would that be a meet in the middle solution??
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gemini10:
Not even the best in the state and even LA I'd building an indoor outdoor stadium with sunnier, warmer and drier year around weather. Levi's was poorly planned and designed and at some point I expect millions will have to be invested into an already $2 billion stadium to correct the errors.

the turf thing was really really bad to start

• cciowa
  • Veteran
you can not spin how bad that picture looks. sure some of it is the putrid product on the field as i think it was taken in the jt era, but still, man
Originally posted by cciowa:
you can not spin how bad that picture looks. sure some of it is the putrid product on the field as i think it was taken in the jt era, but still, man
halftime shots don't bother me.

Look how the last couple games were when we were winning is very telling
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

oh. i never knew when it was taken. maybe everyone was peeing! did my post from earlier today about installing some over hang or pergola make sense do you think? again maybe the only outcry you hear about the place is on the zone here? you really really have to have a huge outcry over something before a team will address it. like our new cool logo idea they dumped in the 90's two days after they rolled it out. or new coke in 1986 etc

Look how the last couple games were when we were winning is very
. i never knew when it was taken. maybe everyone was peeing! did my post from earlier today about installing some over hang or pergola make sense do you think? again maybe the only outcry you hear about the place is on the zone here? you really really have to have a huge outcry over something before a team will address it. like our new cool logo idea they dumped in the 90's two days after they rolled it out. or new coke in 1986 etc
they may, they might not address it ..it's only two reg season games a year when it could get hot (90 and above)

Agree. I've been to some games (not a season ticket holder - wish I was) and think it's a great stadium. Is it perfect? No, but no stadium is. Can it get hotter than hell on the sunny side? Yes, on some days...yes it can. That doesn't bother me as I've always enjoyed the heat and I'm used to it - I've lived in the Bay Area my whole life and I'll take the heat any day over trying to watch a game on those freezing cold or rainy days in places like Green Bay or Seattle. I have a few friends here who are season ticket holders...they also really like the stadium, how it was built, etc., and also don't have a problem with the heat.

LOL, you can see the players lining up on the field.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
after halftime/beginning of the game shots don't bother me.

LOL, you can see the players lining up on the field.
edited

I should have taken a pic at the sharks game last night when the 2nd/3rd period started..pretty empty. but we know it's not really empty
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Only 2 potential hot games this year.

9/16 Lions
10/7 Cardinals

Not another day game at Levi's until 12/9 vs Broncos.

"Not a bad seat in the house."? Did you type that with a straight face? Compared to the seasons tix I had at Candlestick, the "comparable" seats where a joke. The rep told me that in general we where suppose to feel much closer to the field. Not sure if they actually measured it, but I felt much further away.
At candlestick, I use to sit on the corner end zone a few rows up from the second tier railing. The seats where awesome and offered a panaramic view. Those same type of seats sucked at Levis. You might be closer to the field vertically, but horizontally you feel much further. I think it's because you see a lot more seats in front of you which makes it feel distant from the field. Candlestick felt more on top of the field, like the Shark Tank ( not as drastic) and it was great.

I feel sorry for anyone in the 400s might as well watch it on tv.
Originally posted by Happs:
Only 2 potential hot games this year.

9/16 Lions
10/7 Cardinals

Not another day game at Levi's until 12/9 vs Broncos.

Probably scheduled for the wussy 9er fans that can't take the heat...
Share 49ersWebzone