LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 214 users in the forums

49ers solution to stadium heat!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Put some sunscreen on and drink some water and muscle up. LOL. Are people really this weak? The Bay Area is not even that hot. It's not as hot as even Southern CA. It's not Houston, Dallas, Miami, New Orleans or Atlanta. Some of which already have domes. I'm just saying it's not that hot as compared to some of those other cities. Especially when you factor in that deep south humidity which is a whole different thing.

Yes the Yorks are not going to spend money on this. No way.
Who cares about other places. If many fans aren't happy about the heat in the stadium it should matter. The ones complaining are paying fans

The people who are calling fans soft and pointing to other places as examples...I get it, and I'd probably do the same too.

HOWEVER

I grew up on the humid East Coast and have been in temperatures of 108 degrees PLUS full humidity. I've been to Niners games on the East Coast in near zero temps...

What I experienced on opening day against Carolina in Santa Clara last year was ten times worse than anything I've ever encountered. I don't even get affected by heat normally other than sweating and being uncomfortable. This knocked every one of us on our asses; felt woozy, couldn't stay cool; a wet towel got warm in seconds.

The team has to do something for those September games--it's absolutely unbearable.
lol guys talking s**t. I don't wanna hear it, especially if you never went to Levis Stadium in September and just want to talk s**t on your couch.

I went last year to the Carolina game. Awful. Although maybe the QB play from Hoyer was also giving me massive headaches too. I know Jimmy G is going to give attendance boosts, but I still wouldn't be surprised if the stadium turns half empty if the sun really turns up the heat.
Do any of the other open air stadiums have this heat issue?
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Apr 2, 2018 at 12:55 PM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Florida teams and the attendance falls for day games, Miami did get coverings over seating area at the stadium formerly known as Joe Robbie.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Naw they are designed better.

IIRC, the cheap yorks took the design for the new candlestick park and moved it to Santa Clara without a redesign to factor in the new location.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Bay Area has the best weather in the country! Lol at building a dome

Dude I was there in Season 1 (2013) game against the Chiefs -- sooo f**king HOT -- in the upper deck on the sunny side. It was ridiculous.
Put some sunscreen on and drink some water and muscle up. LOL. Are people really this weak? The Bay Area is not even that hot. It's not as hot as even Southern CA. It's not Houston, Dallas, Miami, New Orleans or Atlanta. Some of which already have domes. I'm just saying it's not that hot as compared to some of those other cities. Especially when you factor in that deep south humidity which is a whole different thing.

You're crazy. It was 100+ plus in the upper deck back in 2013 on the sunny side. Entire section was empty at halftime. Peeps were getting sunburned through jeans. Never Again will I do something as stoopid as that.
Just get a blimp up there and keep it in a spot that puts shade on them seats.
Originally posted by 49erminion:

You're crazy. It was 100+ plus in the upper deck back in 2013 on the sunny side. Entire section was empty at halftime. Peeps were getting sunburned through jeans. Never Again will I do something as stoopid as that.

Come on man you can't get sunburned through jeans. How is that even possible? Explain the science behind that?..... You can't get sun through a dark pair of blue jeans. It's not possible. No way. You have to be exaggerating.
  • thl408
They need to fix the weather on gamedays. Gametime temp should be between 62-67 F. I can most likely survive 68 if it's a good matchup, but it's like 10 degrees hotter on the upper deck sunny side.

Come on man you can't get sunburned through jeans. How is that even possible? Explain the science behind that?..... You can't get sun through a dark pair of blue jeans. It's not possible. No way. You have to be exaggerating.

See this bs is people just hating. Burned through jeans lol

Also in 2013 we played at candlestick
Originally posted by thl408:
They need to fix the weather on gamedays. Gametime temp should be between 62-67 F. I can most likely survive 68 if it's a good matchup, but it's like 10 degrees hotter on the upper deck sunny side.

It's hotter every where in the sun. No stadium is safe unless you are in a dome

Sunburn through jeans eh
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
lmao
Originally posted by thl408:

68 wow. You must be one tough mofo. Anything over 60 and I will wilt.
Share 49ersWebzone