LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 216 users in the forums

49ers solution to stadium heat!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Put some sunscreen on and drink some water and muscle up. LOL. Are people really this weak? The Bay Area is not even that hot. It's not as hot as even Southern CA. It's not Houston, Dallas, Miami, New Orleans or Atlanta. Some of which already have domes. I'm just saying it's not that hot as compared to some of those other cities. Especially when you factor in that deep south humidity which is a whole different thing.

Yes the Yorks are not going to spend money on this. No way.

You're crazy. It was 100+ plus in the upper deck back in 2013 on the sunny side. Entire section was empty at halftime. Peeps were getting sunburned through jeans. Never Again will I do something as stoopid as that.

Come on man you can't get sunburned through jeans. How is that even possible? Explain the science behind that?..... You can't get sun through a dark pair of blue jeans. It's not possible. No way. You have to be exaggerating.

Those skinny jeans stretch and light seeps in.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Put some sunscreen on and drink some water and muscle up. LOL. Are people really this weak? The Bay Area is not even that hot. It's not as hot as even Southern CA. It's not Houston, Dallas, Miami, New Orleans or Atlanta. Some of which already have domes. I'm just saying it's not that hot as compared to some of those other cities. Especially when you factor in that deep south humidity which is a whole different thing.

Yes the Yorks are not going to spend money on this. No way.

You're crazy. It was 100+ plus in the upper deck back in 2013 on the sunny side. Entire section was empty at halftime. Peeps were getting sunburned through jeans. Never Again will I do something as stoopid as that.

Come on man you can't get sunburned through jeans. How is that even possible? Explain the science behind that?..... You can't get sun through a dark pair of blue jeans. It's not possible. No way. You have to be exaggerating.

Those skinny jeans stretch and light seeps in.

There must be a lot of SOY BOYS taking ESTROGEN pills.....
It's a different heat when you are tailgating in the parking lot and it feels like a nice 67 degrees. Then you go up to the high seats and it feels like 85.

It ain't like Texas where you already sweating like a pig all the time.
The liberal tears of ann killion and tim kawakami will keep the fans cool on a sunny day
Originally posted by Joecool:
It's a different heat when you are tailgating in the parking lot and it feels like a nice 67 degrees. Then you go up to the high seats and it feels like 85.

It ain't like Texas where you already sweating like a pig all the time.

Man 85 is not that bad. Muscle up. What a bunch of wussies. You should be able to handle 95 and humid even if you are just sitting still in a seat. You aren't moving or running around. Drink some liquid, put on some sunscreen, bring a hat and good sunglasses. I could easily handle 95 degrees and humid like that. No problem at all. Even a little more. Would it be the most comfortable thing ever? No. But you can make that.

I suspect the ones complaining are drinking lots of alcohol, therefore dehydrating themselves, wearing shorts or things not covering themselves, have no hat, have no sunglasses, have no sunscreen and are fat and out of shape too. I seriously doubt it's the prepared people who are having a problem if you say it "feels like 85." That's hardly bad. That's a pretty nice day.
Hilarious thread considering the Panthers dome idea was an April Fools joke!!!!
The solution will probably involve some company paying for ad rights and having their name all over it. I also doubt the York's will pay the extra cost of funding a fix.
Hot pants
What if we all chip in (like last time) and get a plane to fly around the stadium with a big banner "SHADE US YORK!!!" for each game.

The banner would provide shade while we wait for York to build us shade.

Originally posted by Lobo49er:
What if we all chip in (like last time) and get a plane to fly around the stadium with a big banner "SHADE US YORK!!!" for each game.

Or use that money for a hat and sunscreen

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

Or use that money for a hat and sunscreen

That's ridiculous.
I couldnt care less if the tough guys in this thread talk trash from their couch. It feels 20+ degrees hotter in the upper deck of the stadium than the temperature actually says.

When its 90 degrees out, it is absolutely miserable in the stadium. No amount of sunscreen or fans will help enjoy the experience. Period.
When Jimmy G is throwing for 3 tds and Niners are up by 20+ you guys won't even feel the heat
Another thread with a bunch of people who have never been to Levi's telling people who actually attend games what it feels like in the stadium? Cool, definitely a useful thread.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I couldnt care less if the tough guys in this thread talk trash from their couch. It feels 20+ degrees hotter in the upper deck of the stadium than the temperature actually says.

When its 90 degrees out, it is absolutely miserable in the stadium. No amount of sunscreen or fans will help enjoy the experience. Period.

One thing I've noticed is that the sidelines are field turf and the playing surface is of course natural grass. Field turf can get 30-50 degrees hotter than natural grass. On a 90 degree calm hot day you're talking 120+ degrees that's baking the sidelines and rising into the stands. Plus all the people in a 90% un-shaded stadium wearing mostly dark red soaking in the heat. It's just a poorly designed stadium for the area.
Share 49ersWebzone