LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 189 users in the forums

49ers solution to stadium heat!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am from iowa and am used to it and know how to dress for it but i get the concern some have. wear your hat. instead of the tight fitting jersey wear loose fitting niner t shirts. and yes. cut down the beer and do water. that is why i bring up. the idea of giving away free niner water bottles and install some water fountains where you can fill em

whoa boss, free 49er bottles? like Jed would do that. maybe free water stations. buy a 49ers water bottle for $49.49 and get free water fill ups when you scan your retina at the station.
i know,, sometimes you expect to much out of me
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Originally posted by cciowa:
what would be the harm of providing some free water stations . you know with the big hugs of water and paper cups. cost some money and cleanup with the cups but create alot of good will. or give out a bunch of free water bottles and have those water stations set up where they can fill em up free

How about a huge swimming pool lap around the bowl with moving water so you can always stay cool and float around the game on your rubber raft.

i make fun of people who can not handle the heat with the best of them, i was just trying to humanize cc a bit.. i guess that threw you guys off
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
At the articles end I read this:
***Note: Nothing you just read is accurate, as today is April 1st. We appreciate your sense of humor and for keeping this a secret for others to uncover.

Way to keep a secret.

Secret, Really !?
  • if you're going to try and prank people, at least make sure there aren't typos in the header …
  • I don't do April Fools Jokes …
  • since it's not about the Niners, IDGAF
At the articles end I read this:
***Note: Nothing you just read is accurate, as today is April 1st. We appreciate your sense of humor and for keeping this a secret for others to uncover.

Way to keep a secret.

Secret, Really !?
  • if you're going to try and prank people, at least make sure there aren't typos in the header …
  • I don't do April Fools Jokes …
  • since it's not about the Niners, IDGAF

We appreciate your sense of humor
Right -- everyone in Texas is immune to heat. Lulz.

http://baylorlariat.com/2012/09/11/students-feel-the-heat-in-stadium/
When did I ever say immune to heat?
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Baylor:
Soffffffft I can remember games at Floyd Casey Stadium in September when the temps were near 120 degrees on the field with 90% humidity. We had 11am kickoffs were the temps were over 100 degrees already in the stands. It's just something we are accustomed to here in Texas.

Who gives a f**k about Texas

Your mom does
Soffffffft I can remember games at Floyd Casey Stadium in September when the temps were near 120 degrees on the field with 90% humidity. We had 11am kickoffs were the temps were over 100 degrees already in the stands. It's just something we are accustomed to here in Texas.

Seriously, I hate this type of argument. " I was tortured and survived, you should do it too." I go to games to support my team and enjoy, not to put myself at risk for heat stroke. Sitting in the stands at Levi's on a hot day is truly a miserable experience. Three hours of direct sun and scathing heat will take anyone out.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Switching my tickets to the shaded side was a life changing experience. Had to pay quite the premium for the SBL but absolutely worth it. Was miserable on the visitor side.

With the shape of the stadium, I can't picture what a roof/covering might look like. Does anyone have the ability to create a rendering of possible solutions.

On another note, the 2022 World Cup will be held in Qatar where temps are consistently over 120. Here is their solution:

http://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/2022-world-cup-cooling-technology-all-you-need-to-know/feh3ywch67c4100bnh8w83jjt
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Seriously, I hate this type of argument. " I was tortured and survived, you should do it too." I go to games to support my team and enjoy, not to put myself at risk for heat stroke. Sitting in the stands at Levi's on a hot day is truly a miserable experience. Three hours of direct sun and scathing heat will take anyone out.

Exactly. This tough man act and bravodo is plain stupidity.
[ Edited by 49erminion on Apr 4, 2018 at 8:36 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
they should just hand out tiny fans. Those little fans will work wonders when the faithful are covered in tears after watching the rams pound our asses for 4 quarters. Instant coolness.
Right -- everyone in Texas is immune to heat. Lulz.

http://baylorlariat.com/2012/09/11/students-feel-the-heat-in-stadium/
When did I ever say immune to heat?

Your mom does

Ah

Seriously Baylor is right. Man some soft people in here. We got guys posting stuff like "it feels like 85 degrees" in the stands. They make it sound like people are melting and dying at 85 degrees. You are not even running around and playing. How is 85 degrees sitting down and not moving in a comfortable seat bad?

Get a little tougher and muscle up. Such a bunch of complainers for nothing. Wow.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Apr 4, 2018 at 9:14 AM ]
  • thl408
Can't the govement control the weather now? Just sprinkle some cloud seeds over Levi's before the game. This isn't rocket scientology.
  • thl408
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Seriously Baylor is right. Man some soft people in here. We got guys posting stuff like "it feels like 85 degrees" in the stands. They make it sound like people are melting and dying at 85 degrees. Some of these guys must be taking a lot of estrogen pills if they can't handle 85 degrees sitting down and watching a game. You are not even running around and playing. How is 85 degrees sitting down and not moving in a comfortable seat bad? A lot of soy boys in here.

Get a little tougher and muscle up. Such a bunch of complainers for nothing. Wow.
You think you so tuff, try getting drunk at the tailgate and sitting in the sun while wearing a hipster beanie. Until you do that, don't come up in here pounding your chest belittling us soy boys.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Seriously Baylor is right. Man some soft people in here. We got guys posting stuff like "it feels like 85 degrees" in the stands. They make it sound like people are melting and dying at 85 degrees. Some of these guys must be taking a lot of estrogen pills if they can't handle 85 degrees sitting down and watching a game. You are not even running around and playing. How is 85 degrees sitting down and not moving in a comfortable seat bad? A lot of soy boys in here.

You think you so tuff, try getting drunk at the tailgate and sitting in the sun while wearing a hipster beanie. Until you do that, don't come up in here pounding your chest belittling us soy boys.

You don't have to get drunk. You don't have to wear a beanie. You can drink water, put on sunscreen, put on a hat, put on sunglasses. "Feels like 85 degrees" is super easy to take for watching a football game sitting in a seat. At least if you do it the right way it is.
Share 49ersWebzone