LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 216 users in the forums

49ers solution to stadium heat!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Seriously Baylor is right. Man some soft people in here. We got guys posting stuff like "it feels like 85 degrees" in the stands. They make it sound like people are melting and dying at 85 degrees. You are not even running around and playing. How is 85 degrees sitting down and not moving in a comfortable seat bad?

Get a little tougher and muscle up. Such a bunch of complainers for nothing. Wow.

Hey SD -- have you ever been to a day game at Levi's in September or October sitting in the upper deck? The day I was there on Oct 4, 2014, it was 93 degrees. Sitting in the upperdeck in full force of the blazing sun upped the temps to way past 100. If you want to sit through that type of miserable experience go for it
How about a retractable dome like the texans? I get its weird that we would have a dome in a state that's known to have awesome weather but if people are literally dying in the stands jed needs to do something. Honestly should've thought of this before confirming the design.
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:
Seriously Baylor is right. Man some soft people in here. We got guys posting stuff like "it feels like 85 degrees" in the stands. They make it sound like people are melting and dying at 85 degrees. Some of these guys must be taking a lot of estrogen pills if they can't handle 85 degrees sitting down and watching a game. You are not even running around and playing. How is 85 degrees sitting down and not moving in a comfortable seat bad? A lot of soy boys in here.

Get a little tougher and muscle up. Such a bunch of complainers for nothing. Wow.
You think you so tuff, try getting drunk at the tailgate and sitting in the sun while wearing a hipster beanie. Until you do that, don't come up in here pounding your chest belittling us soy boys.

You don't have to get drunk. You don't have to wear a beanie. You can drink water, put on sunscreen, put on a hat, put on sunglasses. "Feels like 85 degrees" is super easy to take for watching a football game sitting in a seat. At least if you do it the right way it is.
Regarding the bolded, I feel this is avoiding the problem, not addressing it. It's this type of attitude that has me concerned about our future as the human race. Everything is band-aids, not true solutions.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
they should just hand out tiny fans. Those little fans will work wonders when the faithful are covered in tears after watching the rams pound our asses for 4 quarters. Instant coolness.
but we have jimmy to defend, brock to defend the run eli to rush the qb and AA to just be a floater. what could possibly go wrong
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
You don't have to get drunk. You don't have to wear a beanie. You can drink water, put on sunscreen, put on a hat, put on sunglasses. "Feels like 85 degrees" is super easy to take for watching a football game sitting in a seat. At least if you do it the right way it is.

drinking beer is the worst thing you can do . sorry to say that
Don't start Garoppolo
Originally posted by cciowa:

Well yeah it will massively dehydrate you if you over do it. If you just had lots of water, put on sunscreen, put on a hat, put on good sunglasses and had the appropriate clothing that would cover you some but be breathable most could probably take 100 degrees for a 3 hour and 20 minute game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Well yeah it will massively dehydrate you if you over do it. If you just had lots of water, put on sunscreen, put on a hat, put on good sunglasses and had the appropriate clothing that would cover you some but be breathable most could probably take 100 degrees for a 3 hour and 20 minute game.

agree. they are nice but on hot days trade a loose fitting niner t shirt for a hot red/black jersey. make sure you pee alot even if you miss some plays. lol. the hat thing is big
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RumphSteak:
Don't start Garoppolo

you have a point. cj was the original chosen one . or so we were told prior to the dallas game. lol
  • thl408

Yeah I'm not wearing a hat on top of my beanie, that would look ridiculous. Let's try harder and think of some real solutions.

• Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
How about a retractable dome like the texans? I get its weird that we would have a dome in a state that's known to have awesome weather but if people are literally dying in the stands jed needs to do something. Honestly should've thought of this before confirming the design.

Yeah, this was really dumb of them. They were too quick to blow their load on a stadium. I guess they figured "well we're in Cali how bad could it be?"
Originally posted by thl408:

Yeah I'm not wearing a hat on top of my beanie, that would look ridiculous. Let's try harder and think of some real solutions.

Hat under the beanie
Originally posted by Antix:

Yeah, this was really dumb of them. They were too quick to blow their load on a stadium. I guess they figured "well we're in Cali how bad could it be?"

Lol, cmon even LA is not building a dome
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-rams-heat-20160918-snap-story.html
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-rams-heat-20160918-snap-story.html

Oh no it's probably Jed's fault it's too hot in the sun in LA
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Apr 4, 2018 at 10:03 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone