There are 241 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by littleken:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Ark49er:
This guy is a huge disappointment so far. Really is holding this WR Corp back imo.

Oh give me a break, no WR has broken out, Deebo keeps dropping passes too.

To be fair, this is a complicated offensive scheme. We really shouldn't expect a rookie receiver to do well. With that expectation in mind, Deebo is doing fine.

Regarding Pettis, I really expected Pettis to take a step forward rather than a step back this season.

Scheme has nothing to do with catching the ball.
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
This guy is a huge disappointment so far. Really is holding this WR Corp back imo.

To be fair, this is a complicated offensive scheme. We really shouldn't expect a rookie receiver to do well. With that expectation in mind, Deebo is doing fine.

Regarding Pettis, I really expected Pettis to take a step forward rather than a step back this season.

Yes, but I didn't grade Deebo's performance on catching the ball alone. For a receiver, there is so much more than catching the ball.

Yes, but I didn't grade Deebo's performance on catching the ball alone. For a receiver, there is so much more than catching the ball.

Doesn't matter how much skill he has. Doesn't count if he doesn't catch the ball. I believe Deebo has fumbled the ball a couple times this season also. Ball security is priority number 1 in this league.
Originally posted by insanemike27:

Doesn't matter how much skill he has. Doesn't count if he doesn't catch the ball. I believe Deebo has fumbled the ball a couple times this season also. Ball security is priority number 1 in this league.

Not how I see it or how NFL front office sees this.

Samuels has 2 drops and 12 catches. His drop % is 14%. Randall Cobb has 15% drop rate so far in 2019. I guess you would think he is garbage. DeVante Parker has 16% drop rate. I guess you think he is garbage too.

If DeVante Parker is a FA right now, do you think no teams would pay him more than minimum salary? I don't think so.

Samuels has 2 drops and 12 catches. His drop % is 14%. Randall Cobb has 15% drop rate so far in 2019. I guess you would think he is garbage. DeVante Parker has 16% drop rate. I guess you think he is garbage too.

If DeVante Parker is a FA right now, do you think no teams would pay him more than minimum salary? I don't think so.

Why are you putting words in my mouth? I never called anyone garbage and I never will. I respect the game too much. Perhaps you should get over yourself.

Why are you putting words in my mouth? I never called anyone garbage and I never will. I respect the game too much. Perhaps you should get over yourself.

In everyday conversation, it is impossible not to interpretate and paraphrase. You can't quote everything. If you don't like my interpretation, let me try again.

I say DeVante Parker is a fine receiver. I expect your response to be "it doesn't matter how much skill he has. Doesn't count if he doesn't catch the ball." Base on that description. My interpretation is you think DeVante Parker is a bad receiver, which I disagree. Let me know if my interpretation is correct this time.

In everyday conversation, it is impossible not to interpretate and paraphrase. You can't quote everything. If you don't like my interpretation, let me try again.

I say DeVante Parker is a fine receiver. I expect your response to be "it doesn't matter how much skill he has. Doesn't count if he doesn't catch the ball." Base on that description. My interpretation is you think DeVante Parker is a bad receiver, which I disagree. Let me know if my interpretation is correct this time.

Again, I never said DeVante Parker is a bad receiver. I also never said Deebo Samuel is a bad receiver.

Its not your interpretation (even though it is completely off base) but your assumptions that have me concerned.

My original post was stating that no matter how much skill a player has, ball security is priority number one. This statement is very simple to understand and is very true when it comes to the NFL. Don't really understand why you are so upset about my making it but perhaps you are just holding a grudge about a former disagreement?

Again, I never said DeVante Parker is a bad receiver. I also never said Deebo Samuel is a bad receiver.

Its not your interpretation (even though it is completely off base) but your assumptions that have me concerned.

My original post was stating that no matter how much skill a player has, ball security is priority number one. This statement is very simple to understand and is very true when it comes to the NFL. Don't really understand why you are so upset about my making it but perhaps you are just holding a grudge about a former disagreement?
I don't know why you make the assumption that I am upset. Base on our discussion, I would have thought you don't like to make assumptions.

Deebo Samuels: 1 fumble in 14 touches.
Stefon Diggs: 2 fumbles in 16 touches.

You opinion on Diggs might be "Ball security is priority number 1 in this league, thus he is...." I don't want to misinterpret you. Maybe you can provide your opinion on Diggs.
Pettis looked a lot better today. Nice catch in the end zone but unfortunately he was forced out.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Pettis looked a lot better today. Nice catch in the end zone but unfortunately he was forced out.

Yeah had he not been forced out that's a TD. He played really good, 3 catches I think, overall a good game by the entire team, 5-0 BABY. Can't look past Washington to the Carolina game.

Dude was out there getting the ball. He's got hops. Played well today. Stoked for him.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Dude grew a couple man hairs today
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Yeah he actually looked like a go to guy today. Good game.
Hopefully those catches gives him confidence.
Pettis was definitely balling. Love it.
Share 49ersWebzone