LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 134 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - LB Fred Warner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by InfernoDaLuz:

The amount of heartbreak this organization has caused us in the last ten years is crazy. We are gluttons for punishment.

Man, you'd think they were the Jets or Browns. I love the fact that I get to finally watch playoff football again, and the fact they're in it every year with a legitimate shot is why I'm so confident they bring it home this year. They aren't the Bills.

Yeah, our guys are determined. You can see it in their eyes. We have some crazy incredible leaders throughout the team. It's really quite special. It just feels like our guys are going to win by sheer willpower. I'm sure the Chiefs are hungry as well. They're trying to build a dynasty. I just think we have hungrier dudes in general right now.
[ Edited by Chance on Feb 10, 2024 at 9:56 PM ]

The amount of heartbreak this organization has caused us in the last ten years is crazy. We are gluttons for punishment.

Man, you'd think they were the Jets or Browns. I love the fact that I get to finally watch playoff football again, and the fact they're in it every year with a legitimate shot is why I'm so confident they bring it home this year. They aren't the Bills.

Jets and Browns don't experience the heartache as much because they rarely play games that matters.
Tone setter! Him and Greenlaw need to lead that D!
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Jets and Browns don't experience the heartache as much because they rarely play games that matters.

So losing more means less heartache? The Jets were more hopeful all offseason than they'd been in YEARS and their season ended 4 plays in. I'd take the heartache of losing in the playoffs over that any day.
[ Edited by Cosmo on Feb 10, 2024 at 10:47 PM ]
Fred's mic'd up reaction to Dre tearing his Achilles

• pd24
  • Veteran
Bobby Wagner on a 1 year deal as Fred's running mate next season?

So losing more means less heartache? The Jets were more hopeful all offseason than they'd been in YEARS and their season ended 4 plays in. I'd take the heartache of losing in the playoffs over that any day.

No. Losing games that matter like playoff games and super bowls are worse than losing regular season games, many of which have no implications other than draft positioning. At the end of the season the s**tty team's fans are rooting for losses to improve draft position.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

No. Losing games that matter like playoff games and super bowls are worse than losing regular season games, many of which have no implications other than draft positioning. At the end of the season the s**tty team's fans are rooting for losses to improve draft position.

Yea I would never pick "keep losing in the SB" over not making the playoffs. When we were getting our asses handed to us by Detroit, I was upset and pissed. But not heartbroken. Just running thoughts through my mind what we needed to get better next year. Losing in the SB ? Suicide mode.

at least when you miss the playoffs there's something to build on. Losing in the SB to a team that you were better than TWICE because of coaching errors ? That's just awful.

So you'd take the Erickson/Nolan/Singletary/Tomsula/Kelly days over this? We would hope for high draft picks that may or may not have worked out. I'll pass.
Originally posted by pd24:

I could see it

Damn, I didn't want to watch this

Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Originally posted by pd24:

I could see it

WHY would we want to get slower??
I don't know how I missed this play, but Fred smokes the RB with a hesi-club-swim move. Fred has so much untapped potential. Give this dude to someone like Belichick to unleash him. Incredible player.

[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 15, 2024 at 11:34 AM ]
Called this

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Called this

So the bonuses get paid up front now?
Share 49ersWebzone