Niners hire Kris Kocurek as DL coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by thl408:
Does he even bludgeon?

Apparently he hands out axes(serious).

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article218282900.html
Dolphins defensive line coach Kris Kocurek awarded Quinn the ax in a meeting Wednesday for having the best game of the group.
Originally posted by zonkers:
He's a yeller - should be good for the group.

this DL group should definitely get yelled at.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

Lol this
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Lol this

This made me lol
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Lol this

Great hire because exactly this
Does he even bludgeon?

Apparently he hands out axes(serious).

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article218282900.html
Dolphins defensive line coach Kris Kocurek awarded Quinn the ax in a meeting Wednesday for having the best game of the group.
Kris "the axe murderer" kocurek
Clearly a massive upgrade over the inexperienced Jeff Z.
This is what I expected from Lynch and Shanahan. Take 2 years to overhaul the roster,get a franchise QB,play the young guys and let them make mistakes,see where the holes are,and upgrade the coaching staff. What they and I didn't expect was so many injuries and Reuben Foster to be a complete idiot. We're still on course and I still have confidence in these 2 men. Go Niners!!!
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Jan 14, 2019 at 3:11 PM ]
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
This is what I expected from Lynch and Shanahan. Take 2 years to overhaul the roster,get a franchise QB,play the young guys and let them make mistakes,see where the holes are,and upgrade the coaching staff. What they and I didn't expect was so many injuries. We're still on course and I still have confidence in these 2 men. Go Niners!!!

This offseason will be huge, if they hit in FA and the draft this is a playoff team. But of course we're talking about the 9ers so injury will be the biggest hurdle
looks like he has a lot of coaching experience. Good hire. I hope they do something similar with DBs coach as well.

Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
This is what I expected from Lynch and Shanahan. Take 2 years to overhaul the roster,get a franchise QB,play the young guys and let them make mistakes,see where the holes are,and upgrade the coaching staff. What they and I didn't expect was so many injuries and Reuben Foster to be a complete idiot. We're still on course and I still have confidence in these 2 men. Go Niners!!!

I'm actually feeling like we're in for a good offseason. I've said for awhile 2019 would be the pressure year and so far they've already fired their head of S&C, their DL coach and are looking for a DB coach replacement. We didn't look for edges last season or the season before because the FA and draft classes sucked, but this year is supposed to be good in both departments. You also have this whole Antonio Brown thing going on not just on his social media, but with our players as well and it makes you wonder if something is going on there.

This will be an aggressive offseason IMO. If it's not and we suck, Kyle and Lynch's seats would be in flames.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Jan 14, 2019 at 3:15 PM ]
looks like he has a lot of coaching experience. Good hire. I hope they do something similar with DBs coach as well.

I actually did some research on Joe Woods and while my number one preference is still Donatell, I would love it if we got Woods. He was meh in Minnesota but got eight seasons of experience there, and since then he has made a horrible Raiders secondary statistically average and helped a Broncos' defense be well above average. Was even there when they won the Super Bowl.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Jan 14, 2019 at 3:15 PM ]
Does he even bludgeon?
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I actually did some research on Joe Woods and while my number one preference is still Donatell, I would love it if we got Woods. He was meh in Minnesota but got eight seasons of experience there, and since then he has made a horrible Raiders secondary statistically average and helped a Broncos' defense be well above average. Was even there when they won the Super Bowl.

Donatell is one of those assistants well worth overpaying for. He did so much more with less with the 49ers and Broncos than any DB coach I can think of.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Donatell is one of those assistants well worth overpaying for. He did so much more with less with the 49ers and Broncos than any DB coach I can think of.

I'd imagine he'll try to follow Fangio to Denver, but I'd sure love to get Donatell back in Santa Clara.
Share 49ersWebzone