LISTEN: 49ers Make A Statement In Week 1 Win →

There are 200 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Pettis asking for his job back like

hahah like, Coach trippin, he want me to ask for my job back.

Deebo: THATS MY JOB PUNK!

Shanahan probably wasn't too pleased with Deebo's performance yesterday.
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

That's not a ringing endorsement...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

hes pushing deebo too.
  • thl408
Deebo did not get much separation vs TB. Really struggled trying to win up the sideline which is a must to be a good split end (weakside WR).
Originally posted by thl408:
Deebo did not get much separation vs TB. Really struggled trying to win up the sideline which is a must to be a good split end (weakside WR).

the whole offense struggled except kittle, not worried
At least he made his money when it counted on his bread and butter slant God...2 point conversion too.

[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 10, 2019 at 11:23 AM ]
minus the fumble, which is a big freakin deal and it can't happen again like that, I thought Deebo did some good things
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Lol that's definitely not a ringing endorsement for Pettis either. If Pettis was this tremendous talent, Shanahan would have noticed immediately that his star WR wasn't on the field.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Samuel has everything it takes to be a star WR. Very telling he's getting #1 WR snaps week 1.

Yea, nothing says star like 3 catches for 30 yards and a fumble. Not an impressive debut for him. I hope he gets better.

youre ridiculous, its not all about the numbers. you see the potential in him. his hands, route running, speed, the want to and the playmaking he made throughout the preseason and that big slant on 3rd down.

And the unforced fumble.

You can be excited about his potential, but 3 catches for 17 yards and a fumble is not a great debut no matter what.

yah because every rookie is supposed to come out like anquan boldin did his first game to be considered a potential future stud.

Well he had an unforced fumble and he also missed a block on on off the runs that literally would have been a td. He ran right by the only guy left and didn't even see him.

Situational awareness seems lacking even if physically seems destined for stardom.

Fair. Let's assess him the same way we do Pettis.

Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Lol that's definitely not a ringing endorsement for Pettis either. If Pettis was this tremendous talent, Shanahan would have noticed immediately that his star WR wasn't on the field.

True. And Kyle didn't "notice" anything here...he game plans for his top players, hence why Kyle had 10 targets and schemed open numerous times. If Kyle wanted Pettis featured in the game plan, he'd be featured. Period. Just like after the bye week last year.
Deebo probably head spinning trying to remember which route he's supposed to run on the play. Getting open probably occurred to him in the middle of the route

Have you seen the coaches film yet? Id be very interested to see how our WRs did on Sunday.
  • thl408
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Have you seen the coaches film yet? Id be very interested to see how our WRs did on Sunday.

Yes I have. I wouldn't make that kind of observation if I hadn't. Waiting for jonnydel to start the film thread.

the whole offense struggled except kittle, not worried

That sounds worrying lol. Bad game plan, bad OL, and Jimmy looked bad too. Hopefully this defense keeps playing like that, otherwise its gonna be a long crappy season again
Share 49ersWebzone