LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 118 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Game 1: 8 touches 90yds/ 1TD

ok i was a little off, but by his snap count i can tell he is going to be a big part of what this offense
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Both AJ Brown and DK Metcalf had better debuts than Deebo.
Did we pick the wrong guy???

Nah, it's one game. He clearly made some mistakes, but rookies will do that. He also has a lot of talent on has all the tools to be head and shoulders above those guys.
a rookie in his first game, flashed some and made some mistakes... he fine
The breakdown of wideouts snaps: Samuel (60 of 68), Marquise Goodwin (50), James (26), Kendrick Bourne (17) and Pettis (2).
Just name Deebo the starter already
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Samuel has everything it takes to be a star WR. Very telling he's getting #1 WR snaps week 1.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 16to87:
The breakdown of wideouts snaps: Samuel (60 of 68), Marquise Goodwin (50), James (26), Kendrick Bourne (17) and Pettis (2).

Why? He is clearly the starter. What do titles matter?
Originally posted by okdkid:
Samuel has everything it takes to be a star WR. Very telling he's getting #1 WR snaps week 1.

Yea, nothing says star like 3 catches for 17 yards and a fumble. Not an impressive debut for him. I hope he gets better.
[ Edited by KittleSkittle on Sep 9, 2019 at 10:47 AM ]
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

Yea, nothing says star like 3 catches for 30 yards and a fumble. Not an impressive debut for him. I hope he gets better.

youre ridiculous, its not all about the numbers. you see the potential in him. his hands, route running, speed, the want to and the playmaking he made throughout the preseason and that big slant on 3rd down.

Should they matter? No, but when you're dealing with the human mind, titles can have a big impact on a player - positively or negatively.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Stanley:

Should they matter? No, but when you're dealing with the human mind, titles can have a big impact on a player - positively or negatively.

They can call him a 3rd stringer in public all day long. If he's getting 90%+ of the snaps it simply does not matter.

Pettis asking for his job back like
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Yea, nothing says star like 3 catches for 30 yards and a fumble. Not an impressive debut for him. I hope he gets better.

youre ridiculous, its not all about the numbers. you see the potential in him. his hands, route running, speed, the want to and the playmaking he made throughout the preseason and that big slant on 3rd down.

And the unforced fumble.

You can be excited about his potential, but 3 catches for 17 yards and a fumble is not a great debut no matter what.
[ Edited by KittleSkittle on Sep 9, 2019 at 11:20 AM ]
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Pettis asking for his job back like

hahah like, Coach trippin, he want me to ask for my job back.

Deebo: THATS MY JOB PUNK!

And the unforced fumble.

You can be excited about his potential, but 3 catches for 17 yards and a fumble is not a great debut no matter what.

yah because every rookie is supposed to come out like anquan boldin did his first game to be considered a potential future stud.

And the unforced fumble.

yah because every rookie is supposed to come out like anquan boldin did his first game to be considered a potential future stud.

Well he had an unforced fumble and he also missed a block on on off the runs that literally would have been a td. He ran right by the only guy left and didn't even see him.

Situational awareness seems lacking even if physically seems destined for stardom.
Share 49ersWebzone