LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 126 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think that ShanaLynch will select a WR in the first round next April. They'll see it as more vital to the offense than an OL in the first.
Pettis was on the field for 1 passing snap. He got open, got the target, got the pass. Pettis should be on the field over Goodwin.
Supposed to be a hands god, fumbles when runs into own teammate.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
I think that ShanaLynch will select a WR in the first round next April. They'll see it as more vital to the offense than an OL in the first.

I doubt that. Wide receivers just take a while to develop. Patience is required.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

I doubt that. Wide receivers just take a while to develop. Patience is required.

Originally posted by NCommand:
At least he made his money when it counted on his bread and butter slant God...2 point conversion too.

Originally posted by tohara3:
At least he made his money when it counted on his bread and butter slant God...2 point conversion too.

That was one hell of a catch
NFL WR Target Separation Leaders - Week 1

Josh Gordon - 5.25 👀
Deebo Samuel - 3.67
Mohamed Sanu - 3.33
Phillip Dorsett - 3.25
Diontae Johnson - 3.10
Originally posted by tohara3:

We need 5 of thesea game from him they have to feed him he should be our go to guy.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Hes developed they just barely gave him the ball.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Josh Gordon - 5.25 👀
Deebo Samuel - 3.67
Mohamed Sanu - 3.33
Phillip Dorsett - 3.25
Diontae Johnson - 3.10

blizz can you explain this to me. Is this stat only for when the ball was actually thrown to the WR (because of the word target in the stat)? Or is this an average of all the routes that the WRs ran?
  • thl408
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Josh Gordon - 5.25 👀
Deebo Samuel - 3.67
Mohamed Sanu - 3.33
Phillip Dorsett - 3.25
Diontae Johnson - 3.10

blizz can you explain this to me. Is this stat only for when the ball was actually thrown to the WR (because of the word target in the stat)? Or is this an average of all the routes that the WRs ran?

Yes an explanation of that stat would be good. I plan on gif'ing all his man coverage reps if I have the time. There is no way he averaged 3.7 yards(?) of separation over the course of the Bucs game. Reps versus zone coverage shouldn't count when charting average separation imo. I saw him consistently get smothered when lined up as X, split wide.
Originally posted by thl408:

Josh Gordon - 5.25 👀
Deebo Samuel - 3.67
Mohamed Sanu - 3.33
Phillip Dorsett - 3.25
Diontae Johnson - 3.10

Yes an explanation of that stat would be good. I plan on gif'ing all his man coverage reps if I have the time. There is no way he averaged 3.7 yards(?) of separation over the course of the Bucs game. Reps versus zone coverage shouldn't count when charting average separation imo. I saw him consistently get smothered when lined up as X, split wide.

Separation at point of target (I guess when ball is in catch zone / hitting hands )
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:

Josh Gordon - 5.25 👀
Deebo Samuel - 3.67
Mohamed Sanu - 3.33
Phillip Dorsett - 3.25
Diontae Johnson - 3.10

Separation at point of target (I guess when ball is in catch zone / hitting hands )
Oh. He caught one slant where it was a nice contested catch, one target where he got a shovel pass while directly in front of Jimmy, and two bubble screens. So out of 4 targets, three came from behind the line of scrimmage. That's kind of a misleading stat in this case.
This kid needs the ball more. Yes he had the fumble, but he's electric with the ball in his hands.

Get Goodwin out of there, every time he get's the ball thrown his way I cringe, it more often than not doesn't end well.
Share 49ersWebzone