LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Sometimes he plays so hard he hurts himself. My only real concern. But no doubting the game breaking ability and the run after the catch bulldozing he does.

The extra guy -- our own player falling on the pile as he went down -- is really what hurt him.

The more guys you are dragging, the more guys that may end up on top of you, I guess. I would agree that he needs to pick his spots a little more but that's football tho. Cant say he did anything wrong on this play.
Originally posted by random49er:
Sometimes he plays so hard he hurts himself. My only real concern. But no doubting the game breaking ability and the run after the catch bulldozing he does.

The extra guy -- our own player falling on the pile as he went down -- is really what hurt him.

The more guys you are dragging, the more guys that may end up on top of you, I guess. I would agree that he needs to pick his spots a little more but that's football tho. Cant say he did anything wrong on this play.

It looked to me like the last Giants DB to arrive drove his knee into Deebo's rib cage. He was grabbing that impact point after the play.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Montana:
So glad Deebs didn't hurt his ribs.

What did the television broadcast say? It seemed like an obvious landed on the ball and knocked the wind out of himself type play to us watching the replay on the jumbotron. I dont think anyone in the stadium was concerned he actually hurt himself.

I think there was more to it than wind. After his TD on the sideline he kept grabbing his rib. Fingers crossed nothing too serious - definitely a good sign he could play through it.
Love Deebo but man, this dude needs to learn how to run routes. Badly. I know he thinks he's a unicorn but it's OK to study other WR's including BA on the intricacies of route running.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Love Deebo but man, this dude needs to learn how to run routes. Badly. I know he thinks he's a unicorn but it's OK to study other WR's including BA on the intricacies of route running.

We have all said Deebo is insane with the ball in his hands, but not the best route runner.

You see Michael Irvin revealed today Deebo told him he was beat to hell running the ball and wasn't happy about it. My thought was....ok, but you need to run way crisper routes/breaks then.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

We have all said Deebo is insane with the ball in his hands, but not the best route runner.

You see Michael Irvin revealed today Deebo told him he was beat to hell running the ball and wasn't happy about it. My thought was....ok, but you need to run way crisper routes/breaks then.

Bingo.
Originally posted by random49er:

I honestly would like to see him pick his spots a little more. But I don't think he is wired that way. It's 150% every snap. That's Deebo. He doesn't know any other way. I just hope he stays healthy.
Originally posted by KiwiM3:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Montana:
So glad Deebs didn't hurt his ribs.

What did the television broadcast say? It seemed like an obvious landed on the ball and knocked the wind out of himself type play to us watching the replay on the jumbotron. I dont think anyone in the stadium was concerned he actually hurt himself.

I think there was more to it than wind. After his TD on the sideline he kept grabbing his rib. Fingers crossed nothing too serious - definitely a good sign he could play through it.

I was watching him on the sidelines and didnt see that, but then again I am watching from my seat not with a tv shot of him. He said after the game that he had the wind knocked out of him and he was going to be fine.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Should Deebo Improve his route running and hands, he'd surely be a top 5 wide receiver In the league.

He's still a beast, though, especially once he has the ball In his hands.
Originally posted by KiwiM3:
Originally posted by 9moon:
I TOLD YOU ALL GADGET CAN GO DEEP !!! I TOLD YOU ALL !!

Why are you so caught up on WR vs gadget?

The idea is to get first downs and score touchdowns.

Deebo is awesome at helping achieve that aim.

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Well you're wrong, and saying it in caps makes you loud and wrong.

Deebo is one of the best slant Wr's in football and also great at the basics and digs we run. Deebo releases like a great WR which is pretty much the most important trait a WR can have.

Go Deebo

GO DEEBO GO! HOO HOO!

19 a GADGET... when are you guys going to start seeing that.. he's a very very good GADGET... he's not a WR.. he can play the position, but by no means he's a WR:

lol, you say a lot of things
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
19 a GADGET... when are you guys going to start seeing that.. he's a very very good GADGET... he's not a WR.. he can play the position, but by no means he's a WR:

I dont read much of his posts and a handful of Cohn's but I have, tell me if I am wrong, to think there is similarity between the two with their writing style/tone. Nah, it couldnt be...
Originally posted by 49erKing:

I dont read much of his posts and a handful of Cohn's but I have, tell me if I am wrong, to think there is similarity between the two with their writing style/tone. Nah, it couldnt be...
lol.. could be
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Should Deebo Improve his route running and hands, he'd surely be a top 5 wide receiver In the league.

He's still a beast, though, especially once he has the ball In his hands.

Agreed. His route running is decent, but if he wants to play long he has to emphasize that soon or else he will fall off a cliff at 32.
Originally posted by 49erKing:

lol.. could be

Lol I remember there was an account where we jokingly accused of them being Lowell cohn.
Share 49ersWebzone