LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
There's two types of YAC

Are we talking yards after contact vs yards after catch?
Wouldn't be surprised if he broke a rib or two
Originally posted by braap49er:

Bruised maybe?
Originally posted by Montana:

Bruised maybe?

Possibly, thought he would be limited in practice with bruised ribs.
Bell, Ray Ray, Jennings-- next man up. That should be enough to beat the Cards right....right?

No structural damage found when he did his MRI after the game
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by clara543:
Originally posted by Giedi:
You got to be kidding me. YAC is the West Coast offense and got us 5 super bowls.

His highlight reel 4th quarter YAC led to his rib injury. We already had 11 points on the Giants at that point. We have the talent to not require these YAC plays that lead to unnecessary injuries. We are already 3 games in with injuries to our top 3 receivers.

Bell, Jauan, and Mitchell stepped up, and Mason had some carries. That 4th Qtr Deebo YAC basically put the game away. Again, got to trust the medical staff to do their jobs. If a player wants to play, but trainers and doctors say otherwise, they have to man up and tell Kyle. Deebo is going to want to play even if he has a leg or a rib missing.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

Thank god for Natural Grass.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

Thank god for Natural Grass.

Yea, it really helps with the pain.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
There's two types of YAC

i can see not wanting not too much YAContact, but def don't go away from YACatch

There's two types of YAC

i can see not wanting not too much YAContact, but def don't go away from YACatch

Rice was the king of YAC and he only got seriously injured because of f**king Warren fat ass Sapp.
There's two types of YAC

John Madden use to list that as

Yards after Catch

and

Run after Contact

So Yac and Rac
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Should Deebo Improve his route running and hands, he'd surely be a top 5 wide receiver In the league.

He's still a beast, though, especially once he has the ball In his hands.

It is interesting listening to JTO. Was that sack on Deebo not hustling, or was it timing as a late leak out?

I counted 2 catchable balls from memory he needed to catch, he tried 1 handing them. One would have been an impressive catch, but uncontested.

Look I dont want to take anything away from Deebo's performance because he played a very good game. Best in a while. We needed him to step up big for us and he came through in a big way. That being said there is a difference between Deebo running with the ball in his hand Vs. Deebo without the ball in his hands. There is a difference when the play is designed to get him the ball vs. a play that he is a secondary option, just another cog, or a decoy. It might have just been he was tired, as we asked a lot more of him this game. I just don't ever remember watching a game and ever questioning plays like that with Ayiuk. To many times last night I remember thinking we looked slow during pass plays without Aiyuk. And Deebo is clearly not slow. It does feel like on certain pass plays he is playing at different levels of speed. IMO it happened to many times last night for my liking. I dont think it will be as a big of problem though once Aiyuk is back and Deebo can get more rest during the game.

yupp

Great player, but he is an add on type player...

Such a massive difference in watching CMC in the flats and Deebo in the flats.

It is hard to build a timing based passing offense around Deebo, you will get different levels of engagement from down to down.

The 49ers, and Purdy...really need the FO to find another outstanding rout runner. They need a guy that is where he is suppose to be...when he is suppose to be there.

Everyone loves Deebo, glad we have Deebo....but your observations are legitimate....

I agree on finding that outstanding route runner. I essentially want an Aiyuk clone with some speed lol. Im not sure I like the add on title unless you mean the offense can more consistently go through guys like CMC and Aiyuk, then Deebo,Kittle, and Juice supplement what CMC and Aiyuk do (though I do believe Juice can be a consistent and regular target in the passing game).

49ers may have found that route runner - Ronnie Bell did pretty good subbing in for Aiyuk. Jauan also beat man against the Giants. Danny Gray has the speed, but he's not shown any Tyreek Hill consistency and hands, so far. I hope he'll do better next year. As for Deebo, he's built to go over the middle and get YAC yardage, so route running isn't what he needs to do in this offense. He's that big third down Terell Owens/Jerry Rice receiver that gets that 3rd down pass reception and absorbs the LB hit over the middle, or gets YAC in open space. He doesn't need to be a great route runner in this offense, although if he did improve his route running, he'd be hall of fame class as a player.

I think everyone accepts that Deebo is a throwback type player, Deebo is who he is.

Deebo does not need to be a great rout runner....the dude is a monster.....but somebody has to be. Purdy needs that. If Purdy gets instant pressure he needs to know that he has a guy exactly where he is suppose to be when he is suppose to be there so he can plant and throw with confidence.

if BA goes down for any length of time we got problems against good teams.
man, should I start him in fantasy this week ...
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
man, should I start him in fantasy this week ...

I have...but I got CMC, Deebo and BA....

3-0
Share 49ersWebzone