LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 337 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I would argue that, if we had to, we could still be a top-level offense without Deebo.
But I dunno, after watching this game, I realized that Deebo is so much of a catalyst for our team, as a whole. The way he plays, just seems to galvanize the team. When he gets going, the team just seems to play with so much more physicality and we end up with games where we beat up the other team so bad, that they just quit.

He's such a special player, and I'm glad that we ended up acquiring CMC. The two share the load, and I feel like we're figuring out healthier usage for the two of them as the season goes.

Many big plays this year are tied to Deebo and his pre-snap shifts.

I don't think it would be easy to replace Deebo the WR, but you could add an entire new dimension to this offense by swapping Deebo out with a WR that has a different skill set...wether that is a John Tylor like speed RAC guy, or a Reggie Wayne type rout runner....you could get value at the WR position down in and down out. Not easy, but it could be done without a generational WR.

You can't however expect to get a dude that provides the threat that Deebo provides.

I say it all the time when guys at the pub start talking about Deebo.....there simply is not a lot of dudes in the NFL you have to plan for Monday morning the week of a game against the 49ers. That kind of impact is rare.

There are like 30 odd dudes with more yards per game than Deebo maybe 2 of them that alter a defense to the degree Deebo does.

this game was good in how it showed a pissed off motivated Deebo that goes 100% down in and down out can still break a game wide open. Now let's get him to the playoffs healthy.

I guess in short you can't plan on drafting a Deebo anymore then you can go draft a TO or Rice....those dudes are rare. Yes they get drafted but 99.999% of the time if your plan was I'll just get a guy to change the entire way defenses have to play....you're gonna be disappointed.

This is spot on. You can trade Deebo for a 1st and 2nd as suggested and maybe even come away with a better receiver. But will this guy inspire the team? Can he lead? Can he make the crucial play in critical situations when you absolutely need a play? Can he score when you need someone to score? Deebo brings so many intangibles that make him lethal, regardless if he has a 1400 yard season or an 800 yard season.

As you said, he alters the way defenses play this team. And with this week's tape, the league got a reminder of what he could do. I've never seen a 49er run his mouth the way Deebo did for 10 months and back it up like that. A truly all time great performance.
Deebo is a team pillar. He is team spirit and his playmaking ability is like a dagger in the heart of opponents in the big moments. That why he and Trent lead the team outta the tunnels. You keep your A guys and you let your B guys walk for draft capital. Deebo is young and still productive so he will be here for the deal we've signed him to while Brock is still cheap
I said this a few pages back but if you watch film and see how teams follow Deebo you realize how much he opens things up for other players on the team. It is why the spits with him and without him are just insane with us moving the ball
3TD, gotta be Offensive Player of the Week.
He showed why he's got a C on his chest
Always comes up with big plays when needed.
Deebo was underrated for a while, glad to see him crush the doubters.
Originally posted by Montana:

its not about underrated he always shows up in big games

its almost like were "saving" him for big games and trying to limit the hits he takes. We have the luxury of eaturuing different playmakers on different days
We saw what happened when Deebo and Trent were out. You can lose 2 guys and still win but when it's your best O lineman (by far) and a guy that cnbe used so many ways it made a huge difference. It allowed teams to focus more on Aiyuk and CMC who's their best weapon.

Look at the distribution yesterday. Every weapon at Kyle's disposal was used effectively. Even a good team like the Eagles can't stop 4 or 5 guys all being used at different times.
Originally posted by Montana:

Never doubted Deebo, been one of the people who has been a huge Deebo fan, never understood the trade Deebo people, we've seen what happens when we don't have Deebo, the offense doesn't function right, as someone said they take away CMC & Aiyuk, Kittle can't do it all, Jauan is great and all, but he's not the speedster, just glad Deebo is a 49er, and will be for a long long time IMO.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
3TD, gotta be Offensive Player of the Week.

Has to be, 2 receiving TDs, a rush TD, over 100 receiving yards, or Brock, over 300 pass yards, 4 TDs, one of them IMO.
I luv their boom box entrance into stadiums... I luv it that Kyle allows it because it's how some of our players stay loose before a game....
Now, if Deebo can just stay healthy we would be set and Wide Back for a long time
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Many big plays this year are tied to Deebo and his pre-snap shifts.

I don't think it would be easy to replace Deebo the WR, but you could add an entire new dimension to this offense by swapping Deebo out with a WR that has a different skill set...wether that is a John Tylor like speed RAC guy, or a Reggie Wayne type rout runner....you could get value at the WR position down in and down out. Not easy, but it could be done without a generational WR.

You can't however expect to get a dude that provides the threat that Deebo provides.

I say it all the time when guys at the pub start talking about Deebo.....there simply is not a lot of dudes in the NFL you have to plan for Monday morning the week of a game against the 49ers. That kind of impact is rare.

There are like 30 odd dudes with more yards per game than Deebo maybe 2 of them that alter a defense to the degree Deebo does.

this game was good in how it showed a pissed off motivated Deebo that goes 100% down in and down out can still break a game wide open. Now let's get him to the playoffs healthy.

I guess in short you can't plan on drafting a Deebo anymore then you can go draft a TO or Rice....those dudes are rare. Yes they get drafted but 99.999% of the time if your plan was I'll just get a guy to change the entire way defenses have to play....you're gonna be disappointed.

Shanahan loves the misdirection, and Deebo plus CMC is a nightmare for opposing defensive coordinators. Fake to CMC, throw (or toss) to Deebo. Fake to Deebo, throw (or toss) to CMC. It's a huge part of Shanahan's ball hogging philosophy on offense. Defenses can't key in on either one because it's a positionless offense.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Deebo is a team pillar. He is team spirit and his playmaking ability is like a dagger in the heart of opponents in the big moments. That why he and Trent lead the team outta the tunnels. You keep your A guys and you let your B guys walk for draft capital. Deebo is young and still productive so he will be here for the deal we've signed him to while Brock is still cheap

Yep. Brock is still cheap $$$. I am glad that we have him our team..
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Was this the best performance of Deebo's career?

This was amazing, but Deebo put the team on his back at the end of 2021. Statistically this was probably his best game, but Deebo was unstoppable heading into and throughout the playoffs that year.
Share 49ersWebzone