LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Many big plays this year are tied to Deebo and his pre-snap shifts.

I don't think it would be easy to replace Deebo the WR, but you could add an entire new dimension to this offense by swapping Deebo out with a WR that has a different skill set...wether that is a John Tylor like speed RAC guy, or a Reggie Wayne type rout runner....you could get value at the WR position down in and down out. Not easy, but it could be done without a generational WR.

You can't however expect to get a dude that provides the threat that Deebo provides.

I say it all the time when guys at the pub start talking about Deebo.....there simply is not a lot of dudes in the NFL you have to plan for Monday morning the week of a game against the 49ers. That kind of impact is rare.

There are like 30 odd dudes with more yards per game than Deebo maybe 2 of them that alter a defense to the degree Deebo does.

this game was good in how it showed a pissed off motivated Deebo that goes 100% down in and down out can still break a game wide open. Now let's get him to the playoffs healthy.

I guess in short you can't plan on drafting a Deebo anymore then you can go draft a TO or Rice....those dudes are rare. Yes they get drafted but 99.999% of the time if your plan was I'll just get a guy to change the entire way defenses have to play....you're gonna be disappointed.

Shanahan loves the misdirection, and Deebo plus CMC is a nightmare for opposing defensive coordinators. Fake to CMC, throw (or toss) to Deebo. Fake to Deebo, throw (or toss) to CMC. It's a huge part of Shanahan's ball hogging philosophy on offense. Defenses can't key in on either one because it's a positionless offense.

What's crazy to think about is that the 49ers still have room to grow in what they can do with the versatility of CMC/Deebo, as well as with Kittle and Juice. Both Deebo and CMC yesterday had over 100+ yards from scrimmage and TD(s), and was a reminder to the league that we have both of these guys. The ceiling is literally Kyle's creativity as a play designer and how he contends with the opposing defensive coordinator. It's a wonderful challenge for Shanahan to have.
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
Originally posted by Heroism:
When Deebo turns on the boosters and accelerates, s**t looks crazy like it's sped up. Look at all the Eagles on their asses.

The blocking by these guys is just as impressive! Truly playing as a team

They put 5-6 eagles on their asses.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Deebo has the vision of a running back, the toughness of a fullback, and somehow the fastest dude on the field when he has the ball in his hands.

such a special and dynamic guy.

Someone was saying he hit 22mph when he burned through their LBs and secondary for his first TD.

20.45 (run TD), 20.23 (46-yard TD).
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-plays/fastest-ball-carriers/2023/REG/13
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Montana:
Deebo was underrated for a while, glad to see him crush the doubters.

Never doubted Deebo, been one of the people who has been a huge Deebo fan, never understood the trade Deebo people, we've seen what happens when we don't have Deebo, the offense doesn't function right, as someone said they take away CMC & Aiyuk, Kittle can't do it all, Jauan is great and all, but he's not the speedster, just glad Deebo is a 49er, and will be for a long long time IMO.

I do... I doubt Deebo all the time....

I hate how he takes plays off, I can't stand to see him go though the motions half hearted.

There is probably not as much difference in the TOs of the world and Deebo outside of effort.

Still even with all that, you absolutely can't deny the effect he has on the entire offense.

Deebo invites those "what if" conversations.... I don't blame people that come up with trade scenarios, I think all the time what if it was prime pre-injury John Taylor and BA... then Monday or Tuesday you watch your favorite YouTuber (JonnyDel) and see these plays over again...and bam...you see the impact over and over and over. Infact if there is one knock on Jonnydel it is that he does not point out often enough how much gravity Deebo draws.

Sometime at the end of this year, there is going to a 49ers best moments video, when that posts....watch how often the defense has to account for Deebo. MANY MANY MANY great plays over the years are because of Deebo altering the defense before someone else gets the glory.

I am a huge basketball fan, and Deebo reminds me of Duncan Robinson of the Heat...like a really rich man's Duncan Robinson. Yeah every once in a while Duncan kills a team on his own....but many wins are just from him distorting the defense with his sheer gravity. Clearly Duncan is not in the same tier as Deebo....Duncan is 200% effort every second of a game, and Deebo as we know is not...it's pure god given talent....but the effect is the same.

I am really looking forward to the post season this year...we need to get Deebo there heathy and turn loose a focused dedicated Deebo.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
When Deebo turns on the boosters and accelerates, s**t looks crazy like it's sped up. Look at all the Eagles on their asses.

I'm glad they are finally throwing these passes forward so Purdy can get some of those sweet yards as well.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

I'm glad they are finally throwing these passes forward so Purdy can get some of those sweet yards as well.

lol that one Niner Oline -- can't tell who that is-- he wasn't blocking, just trynna get out of the way of Deebo traffic

the three eagles chasing him at the start had horrible angles, f'n hilarious
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

the three eagles chasing him at the start had horrible angles, f'n hilarious

Gorilla Trent blocking two guys.

This is probably the star play when they review film. That was wonderfully executed.

Plus Deebo is so explosive. He looks even faster than before! So glad he focused on his weight cause it's paying off!! Win a ring for us and then get yo BBQ on afterwards.

During his interview with Kay Adams he kinda snapped at her for not knowing Jauan Jennings name. That kinda s**t how he wants everyone to know his teammates name is what made him a captain.
His legs are very fast. I can see why they tried him out for punt return.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Montana:
Deebo was underrated for a while, glad to see him crush the doubters.

Never doubted Deebo, been one of the people who has been a huge Deebo fan, never understood the trade Deebo people, we've seen what happens when we don't have Deebo, the offense doesn't function right, as someone said they take away CMC & Aiyuk, Kittle can't do it all, Jauan is great and all, but he's not the speedster, just glad Deebo is a 49er, and will be for a long long time IMO.

I do... I doubt Deebo all the time....

I hate how he takes plays off, I can't stand to see him go though the motions half hearted.

There is probably not as much difference in the TOs of the world and Deebo outside of effort.

Still even with all that, you absolutely can't deny the effect he has on the entire offense.

Deebo invites those "what if" conversations.... I don't blame people that come up with trade scenarios, I think all the time what if it was prime pre-injury John Taylor and BA... then Monday or Tuesday you watch your favorite YouTuber (JonnyDel) and see these plays over again...and bam...you see the impact over and over and over. Infact if there is one knock on Jonnydel it is that he does not point out often enough how much gravity Deebo draws.

Sometime at the end of this year, there is going to a 49ers best moments video, when that posts....watch how often the defense has to account for Deebo. MANY MANY MANY great plays over the years are because of Deebo altering the defense before someone else gets the glory.

I am a huge basketball fan, and Deebo reminds me of Duncan Robinson of the Heat...like a really rich man's Duncan Robinson. Yeah every once in a while Duncan kills a team on his own....but many wins are just from him distorting the defense with his sheer gravity. Clearly Duncan is not in the same tier as Deebo....Duncan is 200% effort every second of a game, and Deebo as we know is not...it's pure god given talent....but the effect is the same.

I am really looking forward to the post season this year...we need to get Deebo there heathy and turn loose a focused dedicated Deebo.

What's wild is that the only skill position players in the league that probably have similar gravity to Deebo is Tyreek Hill... and Christian McCaffrey, who also happens to be on our team.

I look forward to see where our offense is at the end of this season. Shanahan offenses really really grow and evolve over the course of the season. After going through a full season of seeing how defenses play our offense... a full season of Purdy growing in chemistry with all his guys... I'm expecting our offense to take off even more. Exciting times.
Hes like a shark with blood in the water when he gets the ball and sees open space or just seeing only 1/2 defenders in front of him.
Share 49ersWebzone