There are 209 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
This may have been discussed before, apologize if so. But I was curious if anyone can think of a historical comp to Deebo. Or is he truly a 1 of 1.

Been watching football since '81 and I don't remember seeing anyone like Deebo. The combination of his skills and Kyle's creativity makes him unique. Many teams have tried to mimic Kyle's plays with no consistency.
This may have been discussed before, apologize if so. But I was curious if anyone can think of a historical comp to Deebo. Or is he truly a 1 of 1.

He had always reminded me of Sterling Sharpe as a WR...

Alford Purpunu was the last guy I saw that was motioned all over the place as often as Deebo. He was a hybrid FB/TE/Jumbo WR. Cool dude...but Deebo is like 7 tiers above him.

There is some similarity in what deebo does run/pass to what Craig did. The work in the flat, the sit routs, shallow crosses...the Rub element ... Craig did that dirty work too. I don't remember Craig ever lining up in the backfield AND on the LOS...first 49er I remember doing that was Watters. The first player I remember doing that was Dave Megget on the NYG.

I don't recall Watters or Megget lining up in tight formations to leverage blindside block rules the way the 49ers do...so while it is kinda the same...it does not look the same.

I guess long story short...there was dudes who were RBs that ran WR routs, but as I remember it... these dudes went out wide, not fight though traffic like Deebo. There were big dudes hybrid TE/FB dudes that ran routs in traffic like Deebo...but I can't think of anyone that did all the stuff Deebo does.

I never watched a ton of Kordell Stewart...and I don't remember a ton of motion in that offense...but maybe he did some of the gadget stuff...he was the original do everything guy
Originally posted by Dshearn:

He had always reminded me of Sterling Sharpe as a WR...

Alford Purpunu was the last guy I saw that was motioned all over the place as often as Deebo. He was a hybrid FB/TE/Jumbo WR. Cool dude...but Deebo is like 7 tiers above him.

There is some similarity in what deebo does run/pass to what Craig did. The work in the flat, the sit routs, shallow crosses...the Rub element ... Craig did that dirty work too. I don't remember Craig ever lining up in the backfield AND on the LOS...first 49er I remember doing that was Watters. The first player I remember doing that was Dave Megget on the NYG.

I don't recall Watters or Megget lining up in tight formations to leverage blindside block rules the way the 49ers do...so while it is kinda the same...it does not look the same.

I guess long story short...there was dudes who were RBs that ran WR routs, but as I remember it... these dudes went out wide, not fight though traffic like Deebo. There were big dudes hybrid TE/FB dudes that ran routs in traffic like Deebo...but I can't think of anyone that did all the stuff Deebo does.

I never watched a ton of Kordell Stewart...and I don't remember a ton of motion in that offense...but maybe he did some of the gadget stuff...he was the original do everything guy

Hines Ward and Steve Smith were two WR's that I think ran pretty angry, but they're no where near what Deebo does, and certainly weren't used in motion in the same way.
Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens were incredible in YAC, but yeah, they look different in the way they did it.

Deebo loafing until he saw Brock thrown his way lol
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Deebo loafing until he saw Brock thrown his way lol

That pass was so sweet, I wasn't even worried when he threw it, now if that was Jimmy G, that was overthrown or INT'd. Anyway, that pass, it was the perfect example of Brock's arm strength, and Deebo only had like 10 yards of YAC on that, unlike his TD against Philly where he made the LB miss the tackle. Love this team so much, just want this to be the year we get over the hump, and we contend for years to come with Brock at QB, and I do 100% believe we extend BA in 2024, if Deebo & CMC are still in their prime in 2025, they get extensions too, Kittle too. Need to keep this core together as long as possible. I'm talking Brock, CMC, Juice, Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, Trent, Bosa, Hargrave, AA, Dre, Fred, & Mooney, let guys like Lenoir, Ambry, Jauan, Givens walk & get comp picks, while replenishing the roster, and signing guys to cheap 1yr deals, incentive laden deals. I do hope we keep Chase Young, really believe we can, will be interesting to see what they do in 2024 with a smaller than expected cap(it was thought to be $256M, now it's expected to be $242M).
😂 😂

Originally posted by NYniner85:
😂 😂

Bahahahah teach that mad hatter looking b***h to keep Deebos name out his motha f**king mouth
😂 😂

Deebo got trolled by some kids
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
😂 😂

The lesson in all this- leave social media alone.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
😂 😂

Yeah, especially during the season. Players should have enough to worry about during the season than how they rank on the social media ladder.

Bosa at least figured this out a long time ago.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
😂 😂

Yeah, especially during the season. Players should have enough to worry about during the season than how they rank on the social media ladder.

Bosa at least figured this out a long time ago.

Many people's entire self worth is based on their online status. Becoming a millionaire professional athlete doesn't change that.
😂 😂

I'd believe it was from Cam too if I received a message from a grown-ass man typing in those cringe ass characters. There's only one clown out here doing that.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
😂 😂

Bahahahah teach that mad hatter looking b***h to keep Deebos name out his motha f**king mouth

The fact he said he had to go look at his phone to make sure he didn't actually have his # told me right there he was lying
ÄĆË ƁØÕĢÎƏ
Weird lol what the hell is Ace Boogie? #1 booger? Gõť țĥáṭ řïțê¡
Originally posted by Montana:
ÄĆË ƁØÕĢÎƏ
Weird lol what the hell is Ace Boogie? #1 booger? Gõť țĥáṭ řïțê¡

Ŷôü ħǎvẽ ťõ äďmïřẽ țħê čómmǐťmēňț ťăľķīņ łïķẽ ťħíś țáķèş
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Dec 29, 2023 at 6:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone