There are 171 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Almost seems like he could of played though if they really needed him too. Like they were being extra careful with him.

How can you do that though with it being a tough playoff game? There wouldn't have been a next week if we lost. I think if there was any possible chance he could've played, he would've been out there.

Some of the news coming out so far seems positive but I'm just a little skeptical of it.

That's a good point. It's not like we were up 21 and they were just being cautious. They absolutely needed him and couldn't clear his medically.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
On the sideline one trainer or coach took Deebo by both hands, then started waving both arms up and down, Deebo didn't seem bothered by that as his arms were flapping around wildly. He also was seen on the sidelines moving his arms on his own. That was kinda encouraging compared to his shoulder injury in Cleveland.

This is also encouraging

"This was a much different scene than when he injured the same shoulder in the 49ers' Week 6 loss to the Cleveland Browns. In the locker room following that Oct. 15 loss, Samuel needed help putting on his jacket after the game because of the injury."

"On Saturday, Samuel lifted both of his arms up while pulling his shirt over his head."

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/deebo-samuel-shoulder-injury-update-3/1693866/

Almost seems like he could of played though if they really needed him too. Like they were being extra careful with him.

Not the right time to be extra careful

If his shoulder compromises ball security it was the correct call.

Also think they were worried about him injuring it more. Hopefully its something that will be sore for a couple of days, but ready to go next weekend.
more shoulder, wonder what it is... strained rotator cuff? if so thats a beotch and hurts like hell
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
On the sideline one trainer or coach took Deebo by both hands, then started waving both arms up and down, Deebo didn't seem bothered by that as his arms were flapping around wildly. He also was seen on the sidelines moving his arms on his own. That was kinda encouraging compared to his shoulder injury in Cleveland.

This is also encouraging

"This was a much different scene than when he injured the same shoulder in the 49ers' Week 6 loss to the Cleveland Browns. In the locker room following that Oct. 15 loss, Samuel needed help putting on his jacket after the game because of the injury."

"On Saturday, Samuel lifted both of his arms up while pulling his shirt over his head."

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/deebo-samuel-shoulder-injury-update-3/1693866/

Also think they were worried about him injuring it more. Hopefully its something that will be sore for a couple of days, but ready to go next weekend.

Lets see what super secret medicine they have.

This is also encouraging

I hope that's what it was

Originally posted by NCommand:
FIngers crossed. Dude badly needs to learn some preservation skills. You don't need that extra 2 inches once 5 defenders are on you. 4 of them are looking to hurt you.

LOL he might have realized that last night after watching replays

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
And I do believe some are trying to hurt both him and CMC.

Yup. b*****ds will always try that. They're major playmakers

I feel that, but everyone knows he's tough as anyone on the field and will play hurt, but he may have been more of a liability if on the field

Absolutely this!
The best sign for me was that Deebo came out and stood on the sideline without an ice pack or sling. He definitely changes the game plan so it was hard once he left because they already had the plan installed. Changing in the middle of a game is hard when it's a chess piece like Deebo.
My guess is it's like a nerve or something. Something you have to be careful about during the game, but hopefully something that just requires massage or chiropractic work to release
I hope that's what it was

LOL he might have realized that last night after watching replays

Yup. b*****ds will always try that. They're major playmakers

I feel that, but everyone knows he's tough as anyone on the field and will play hurt, but he may have been more of a liability if on the field

Absolutely this!

That is what i think it was

if your shoulder is kinda bad I'd imagine its hard to lift arm up and hold on to the ball strongly which is why i think he was out for the game. I have 0 doubt on toughness/desire etc
They had Purdy try to play with a busted elbow, so a little shocked they didn't even try to see if Deebo could play through the shoulder injury.
Need him back.

Originally posted by Crown:
Lets see what super secret medicine they have.

Might do like TO when he broke his leg before playing in SB (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) then follow suit with Ray Lewis technique
Originally posted by jreff22:
Need him back.

I hope it's not another fracture.
Originally posted by ritz126:
That is what i think it was

if your shoulder is kinda bad I'd imagine its hard to lift arm up and hold on to the ball strongly which is why i think he was out for the game. I have 0 doubt on toughness/desire etc

I bet he would fake that he was fine (if he isn't ready) just so he gets to play in SB
They had Purdy try to play with a busted elbow, so a little shocked they didn't even try to see if Deebo could play through the shoulder injury.

I'm not sure they had another QB on deck after Josh got concussed (could've had Juice hand off balls instead of BP)
Might do like TO when he broke his leg before playing in SB (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) then follow suit with Ray Lewis technique

HGH?
Share 49ersWebzone