Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mind games for the Lions DC / game plan
He's listed as questionable.

He'll play.
No way Deebo misses this game
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
No way Deebo misses this game

If it's just a matter of pain management they will handle it as long as it isn't a serious injury.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
assuming no fracture it's likely he has the same AC joint injury that Aiyuk had in Sept. Aiyuk only missed one game but that's because it was on a Thursday.

He will play.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by ritz126:
If he had a multitude of tests, and everything is negative, then what the hell is wrong? Is it a sprain? Is it a pain tolerance thing? Why wouldn't he play?

Because the shoulder is an important part of the arm you cant lift your arm if your shoulder is hurt how are you going to catch the ball

Then shoot it up and get him in there. If it's not broken he needs to play. Ronnie Lott amputated a finger ffs

You want someone to have a numb arm from pain killers to carry the ball…. Fitting it's you who'd post a take like that

He has another arm. Look at mahommes last year with his sprained ankle. He needs to gut it out if nothing is broken. Cmc does everything in his power to get on the field.

I thought you said you were done with this team until Jed sold the team. Please be a man of your word.

We should be exempt from emotional statements during s**tty game play and s**tty coaching.

I mean you were in the game day thread calling everyone a moron the entire game so I guess you're exempt from that. If you don't like getting called out for your stupid takes then maybe think before posting.

It wasn't a stupid take. Everyone here is happy and content with 3rd place. When jed says to hold him accountable for not winning superbowls, I will. When he tells me we don't raise nfc championship banners, I will hold him to that. Shanahan has had 8 years and I'm still waiting. this is the definition of insanity.

it would only be insanity if we were one and donee every year. Ks is the only coach in NFL history to win multiple playoff games every playoff appearance.

BB took 7 years to win his first SB Andy reid took over a decade

you are overly emotional and refuse to think things even semicritically and also don't have an understanding of football history

Thankfully they are on the minority of trashy fans, all the fan bases have them.
I'm hopeful that Deebo is able to play, but yeah, it's going to be a challenge for Shanahan to scheme if he's not available.
I could see the argument of "Well, he still has CMC and Aiyuk and Jennings and Juice" but missing Deebo is problematic.

The current iteration of the 49ers offense is predicated on the gravity of Deebo Samuel and Christian McCaffrey. Sure, they have stars in Aiyuk and Kittle, and Juice is a swiss army knife, but CMC and Deebo's presences create a lot of conflict in the run game and pass game. Every pre-snap motion creates confusion/indecision, helping in the run game. In the pass game, their presence in the short areas of the field forces linebackers to draw forward, allowing Aiyuk and the other receivers to land those in-breaking routes 15-20 yards downfield. It's a huge loss for the 49ers to not have Deebo available, and it's on Shanahan to adjust their approach if he's not ready to go.

Without Deebo, I'd say we're still a solid offense, but the combination of Deebo + CMC is what makes this offense elite. Take him away, and it's like taking going to the 2015 Warriors and taking away Steph or Klay.
They need to get Mitchell involved especially if Deebo can't go or is limited. You can use CMC as the guy in some of those "Deebo" like plays and use Mitchell in CMC's spot. Ray ray is another guy that can do some of those things. Of course not to Debo's ability but Kyle needs to have this stuff prepared whether Deebo is active or not because even if he is good to go, 1 play can put him right out. He wasn't prepared for that last week
He will play but will probably be limited
If Deebo is 50/50 at this point it might be a good idea to proceed as though he isn't going to be a big part of the game plan. If he does play then maybe give him a play or two to keep the defense honest, but otherwise use him as a decoy to manipulate coverage.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/177218-report-samuels-negative-availability-remains/
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Jan 22, 2024 at 10:10 AM ]

Originally posted by GorefullBore:
If Deebo is 50/50 at this point it might be a good idea to proceed as though he isn't going to be a big part of the game plan. If he does play then maybe give him a play or two to keep the defense honest, but otherwise use him as a decoy to manipulate coverage.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/177218-report-samuels-negative-availability-remains/

This allday. give him an early carry maybe than use him as a decoy. When he plays teams pay him a ton of attention.
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
They need to get Mitchell involved especially if Deebo can't go or is limited. You can use CMC as the guy in some of those "Deebo" like plays and use Mitchell in CMC's spot. Ray ray is another guy that can do some of those things. Of course not to Debo's ability but Kyle needs to have this stuff prepared whether Deebo is active or not because even if he is good to go, 1 play can put him right out. He wasn't prepared for that last week

I would like to see the Niners mix in more of Mitchell and Dixon also, but the one thing I don't like about Mitchell's game is that there seems to be a big drop off between him and CMC in picking up blitzes. A couple of games ago Mitchell nearly got Purdy killed with a very half-assed chip block. But he is a great runner with fresh legs.
Originally posted by BSofSF:

I would like to see the Niners mix in more of Mitchell and Dixon also, but the one thing I don't like about Mitchell's game is that there seems to be a big drop off between him and CMC in picking up blitzes. A couple of games ago Mitchell nearly got Purdy killed with a very half-assed chip block. But he is a great runner with fresh legs.

I don't know if Boobie Dixon is still in game shape tbh

Ha! My bad. Jordan Mason. Early dementia for me. ;-)

Ha! My bad. Jordan Mason. Early dementia for me. ;-)

Ha ha, you regressed 10-12 years for a minute there. 😂😂😂
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Jan 22, 2024 at 10:45 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone