There are 245 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
If he's not 100% keep him out. He will cough the ball up just like CMC did and blow the start of the game the same way trying to gut it out.

Hold the ball in the other hand. Problem solved. This is easy.

It's his left shoulder. Keep the ball on his right dominant side. And Kyle needs to limit his pounding and not use him as a RB. Bring in Mitchell and Mason for that.
At least the game plan can be adjusted with the knowledge that Deebo may be limited. I think it took three quarters before they got in rhythm after losing Deebo.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Technically speaking, what is his injury if he didn't break anything? (Excruciatingly painful) Bruised Shoulder?

Most likely more of a bruise and maybe some ligament issues. Hope we'll know more as game time approaches. His level of pain should tell him and us about how ready he is on Sunday.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:
At least the game plan can be adjusted with the knowledge that Deebo may be limited. I think it took three quarters before they got in rhythm after losing Deebo.

Yeah, they basically threw to Jauan more.
Shouldn't be an issue if he misses the game, right? Afterall, tons of Webzoners have been saying the Niners don't need him and to trade him.
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:

agreed
Originally posted by Giedi:
Technically speaking, what is his injury if he didn't break anything? (Excruciatingly painful) Bruised Shoulder?

Most likely more of a bruise and maybe some ligament issues. Hope we'll know more as game time approaches. His level of pain should tell him and us about how ready he is on Sunday.

Not a doctor or played one on TV but ligament damage would be typical for a hyper extension, break. This was just impact so it should just be a bruise. If the bruise is in the socket then I could see the additional pain.
But how can this not be treated with regular meds, and at max a shot?
He's gonna dope up on painkillers snort some coke and play just like LT did and play well!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by Giedi:

Not a doctor or played one on TV but ligament damage would be typical for a hyper extension, break. This was just impact so it should just be a bruise. If the bruise is in the socket then I could see the additional pain.
But how can this not be treated with regular meds, and at max a shot?

Its a big deal if it's in the socket - for sure. But he did say he could lift his arm. So that's a positive in my book.
Looks to be just a pain management/tolerance issue for this weekend. Hope he can tough it out and manage it enough to make an impact this Sunday.

This DOG aint missing the NFCCG. He will play and he will play well.
I'll be SHOCKED if he doesn't play. How much can he do is the question

Medical professional here...it seems off of reports, only a break is ruled out. Possible they just did a CT scan. No word on an MRI if any soft tissue damage was present. Could have an AC ligament sprain, rotator cuff, labrum injury, bone bruise etc. I'm sure they have (or will do) the MRI as well. Some of those soft tissue injuries if not severe enough, can be braced and taped along with some painkillers to gut it out.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
If he's not 100% keep him out. He will cough the ball up just like CMC did and blow the start of the game the same way trying to gut it out.

Hold the ball in the other hand. Problem solved. This is easy.

It's his left shoulder. Keep the ball on his right dominant side. And Kyle needs to limit his pounding and not use him as a RB. Bring in Mitchell and Mason for that.

I believe he's left hand
Originally posted by Medteam:

Medical professional here...it seems off of reports, only a break is ruled out. Possible they just did a CT scan. No word on an MRI if any soft tissue damage was present. Could have an AC ligament sprain, rotator cuff, labrum injury, bone bruise etc. I'm sure they have (or will do) the MRI as well. Some of those soft tissue injuries if not severe enough, can be braced and taped along with some painkillers to gut it out.

Good stuff. Thanks.
Share 49ersWebzone