There are 238 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The whole point of having Deebo on the field is that you don't know what the hell he is going to do. Using him as a WR only makes no sense.

If Deebo plays you have to play him like Deebo. And you're not going to "decoy" him and basically take a playmaker off the list of options.

If he plays, he plays.
Originally posted by okdkid:
The whole point of having Deebo on the field is that you don't know what the hell he is going to do. Using him as a WR only makes no sense.

If Deebo plays you have to play him like Deebo. And you're not going to "decoy" him and basically take a playmaker off the list of options.

If he plays, he plays.

Yup.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
It's probably a bone bruise. X-rays are negative. It's a recent injury. He probably irritated the musculature around it. He'll definitely play…
  • Ruixx
  • Veteran
I think they are just keep it close to the vest, I don't think anyone on the 49ers is actually 'sweating' it despite what the media is trying to do for clicks by using the whole 'the niners can't win without deebo' adage. I have always hated the media but this year is out of control.
Originally posted by Ruixx:
I think they are just keep it close to the vest, I don't think anyone on the 49ers is actually 'sweating' it despite what the media is trying to do for clicks by using the whole 'the niners can't win without deebo' adage. I have always hated the media but this year is out of control.

The only media personality that 49ers fans like is Richard Sherman. We like Sherman so much we say "you know what. Crabtree was a sorry receiver."
Originally posted by DrEll:
It's probably a bone bruise. X-rays are negative. It's a recent injury. He probably irritated the musculature around it. He'll definitely play…

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. More of a pain tolerance than anything.

Sucks because with his style of ball, he's gonna get hit and we don't know him fumbling it or anything.
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. More of a pain tolerance than anything.

Sucks because with his style of ball, he's gonna get hit and we don't know him fumbling it or anything.

That's the main reason if he's not 100% I'd like him to rest. We can beat the Lions without him, in fact if Kyle spends the week planning a game without Deebo, our chances are better than if he goes out early again and a lot of the game plan goes out with him. Resting him this week provides 3 weeks of rest and makes him as healthy for the Super Bowl as he can be.
Wear bigger shoulder pads and let's gooooo!
There may not be a next game. Time to put it all on the line if all it is is a pain tolerance thing.
Originally posted by Cosmo:

That's the main reason if he's not 100% I'd like him to rest. We can beat the Lions without him, in fact if Kyle spends the week planning a game without Deebo, our chances are better than if he goes out early again and a lot of the game plan goes out with him. Resting him this week provides 3 weeks of rest and makes him as healthy for the Super Bowl as he can be.

Yeah tell that to Deebo. Not a chance he is doesn't play

Shoot him up and play. After we win, he has 2 more weeks to rest up for the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by okdkid:

If he plays, he plays.

"if he dies, he dies" (Ivan Drago) Rocky 4
Originally posted by Cosmo:

The niners lost three games in a row without deebo, two with Kyle gameplanning without him. Now they are in the nfc championship amd you think this team can beat the lions without him? The overconfidence of our fans is hilarious.

[ Edited by JoseCortez on Jan 23, 2024 at 7:57 AM ]
The 49er offense is what it is because Kyle has so many weapons. Look how much it improved when CMC came here. Take away CMC, Deebo, Kittle or Aiyuk and it's not as good. Take away Trent Williams and it's not as good. Kyle is a good play caller but it's because he knows how to use his chess pieces. Take away a key piece and it's a different game.

He carries the rock with his right arm. I believe the injury was to his left shoulder.
Share 49ersWebzone