There are 199 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Offense averages 10 points less a game without him. They can with without him but it's going to be a lot tougher. I'd double BA and bracket CMC out of the backfield all day with Deebo missing. Kittle and whatever wr would be forced to beat me. I think he plays.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
If Deebo doesn't play it will certainly slow the offense. We've all heard the stats about the Niners record with and without Deebo. I must point out that most of thise losses without him were before they had CMC. I'm more concerned about the Niners defense being able to slow the runs and get pressure on Goff.

Thus why they need Deebo and all weapons to keep scoring. Having Deebo also helps CMC in the run game b/c they just can't key in on him.
[ Edited by lamontb on Jan 24, 2024 at 8:40 AM ]
Is it 100% confirmed just a pain tolerance thing?
Originally posted by lamontb:
Offense averages 10 points less a game without him. They can with without him but it's going to be a lot tougher. I'd double BA and bracket CMC out of the backfield all day with Deebo missing. Kittle and whatever wr would be forced to beat me. I think he plays.

Some of that is before they had CMC and Brock. I know they lost 3 straight without him this year but they also were without Trent for those games. Brock was under more pressure. I have to point out that Jennings played well in his place last week and made some big catches. What they really miss is Deebo's RAC but the actual pass receiving can be replaced by Jennings.
Sad how the Niners are viewed that they can't win without a certain player that is not a QB.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Pretty sure they are keeping it under wraps as much as possible to force the lions to gamelan for him. 9er reporters were saying today will be the tell if he practices or not
No doubt he's playing. How he's going to be used is the only question
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Sad how the Niners are viewed that they can't win without a certain player that is not a QB.

The whole narrative of us not being able to win without Deebo is whack, we were missing one of the greatest left tackles ever during that 3 game losing streak.

The we "squeezed" out a win against the Packers is also overblown, we didn't have a crazy lucky play to win the game. We methodically drove down the field eating up the clock and sealed the game in the clutch
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrEll:
Deebo is only the X factor because Kyle game plans around him as the X factor. Maybe Kyle needs to come up with a scheme that doesn't put so much emphasis on Deebo. I get the importance of having him play but we do have Kittle Aiyuk CMC and to a lesser extent Jennings as alternatives.

And if you really want a "Deebo" in your lineup, then put CMC in the slot and use Mitchell as your RB.

There are so many options available I just don't get why Kyle gets the "deer in headlights" look when Deebo goes down

I think, *with* Deebo, you can run against 8 and 9 man fronts. Whereas without Deebo, you can't. Basically, they can run fake it to either Deebo or CMC and then pass it to either player. Or, they can run fake to one player while the other player is doing a jet sweep and they toss it to that player that attacks the edges of the defense. Kyle loves to run it more than pass it - in a sense. With Deebo - the run game is much more dynamic and the passing game is more explosive because of that.

Bottom line is that Deebo and CMC are playmakers and if you give them the ball -- in one play -- either one of them can take it to the house.
Originally posted by Since07:

The whole narrative of us not being able to win without Deebo is whack, we were missing one of the greatest left tackles ever during that 3 game losing streak.

The we "squeezed" out a win against the Packers is also overblown, we didn't have a crazy lucky play to win the game. We methodically drove down the field eating up the clock and sealed the game in the clutch

I also don't understand why people are looking at the close win as somehow a bad look for us.

It's the Divisional Round of the playoffs, for goodness' sake. You throw everything out the window and get the W, whether it's by 1 or 50. I can name plenty of Super Bowl champions in recent memory who had to win a nail-biter in the Divisional round. Patriots had to do it for half of their rings.

Originally posted by Montana:
I am betting on Deebo to play

he a FOOOH if he misses this game.. his followers will forever QUESTION his desire..

We just won without him.

I also don't understand why people are looking at the close win as somehow a bad look for us.

It's the Divisional Round of the playoffs, for goodness' sake. You throw everything out the window and get the W, whether it's by 1 or 50. I can name plenty of Super Bowl champions in recent memory who had to win a nail-biter in the Divisional round. Patriots had to do it for half of their rings.

If they win by 20 detractors say they haven't been tested. Brock hasn't had to come from behind. When they win a tight one and Brocl leads a comeback then it's all about how they struggled and are vulnerable.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

If they win by 20 detractors say they haven't been tested. Brock hasn't had to come from behind. When they win a tight one and Brocl leads a comeback then it's all about how they struggled and are vulnerable.

all they need to know is... AIN'T B-ROCK STEADY PURDY'S FAULT HE HARDLY PLAYING FROM BEHIND.

The Lions Center plays with like 8 injuries and doesn't miss playoff games. So we will see how much Deebo wants to play.
Share 49ersWebzone