There are 216 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Let the freak out begin lol

Welp, it's been a fun season. Maybe next year will be the year. Let's tank for a better draft pick.

Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I don't care of he doesn't practice all week. Just play in the game.

Under Shanahan, if a player doesn't practice all week, would they realistically have that player play?
I forget how we've done it in the past when a player is essentially Questionable, and doesn't practice all week.

CMC played a few days after a trade. If Deebo can play he will play. So 19 will be out there come Sunday.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Let the freak out begin lol

I for one didn't think he'd practice today. Not freaked out at all.

It was his left shoulder right? Seemed to be moving it fine when he was taking his helmet off going into the tent. Only say that because first time around he couldn't even lift it up
  • thl408
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

No reason for him to practice at all until Friday.

Do they even hit each other in practice? Can't he still run around and not have anyone hit his bum shoulder?
Boy I'm not sure he plays
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I am
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

No reason for him to practice at all until Friday.

Do they even hit each other in practice? Can't he still run around and not have anyone hit his bum shoulder?

Guess they think rehabbing is more important at this point then participating in practice
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I am

Second me on that. I would also suspect that we will see some of Ronnie Bell on those WR sweeps. Bell isn't nearly as physical as Deebo is, but if you give the kid a clear path he can jet like Deebo does. He showed this ability a few times in, I believe, preseason games.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

I am

Second me on that. I would also suspect that we will see some of Ronnie Bell on those WR sweeps. Bell isn't nearly as physical as Deebo is, but if you give the kid a clear path he can jet like Deebo does. He showed this ability a few times in, I believe, preseason games.

I don't think Bell suits up the rest of the season. He's entered the Kyle dog house and Aiyuk will attest if you make it out you will be better for it.
Deebo scores the first TD on Sunday. Book it

I am

It's something I've been thinking about.
One thing I'm wondering is... Sure, what makes Deebo special is his physicality and energy on these plays. But I wonder if what makes him hard to replace is his gravity. The only other player in the league that could match his physicality, energy, and gravity is Christian McCaffrey, and he's already playing a role in these plays.

I am

I don't think Bell suits up the rest of the season. He's entered the Kyle dog house and Aiyuk will attest if you make it out you will be better for it.

Not sure why BA doesn't get any of those sweeps? Dude was a YAC monster in college and has much more speed than both Bell/deebo.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 24, 2024 at 12:06 PM ]

I am

I'm leaning with NY here. kyle always demands the player practices some in order to play, but I would argue deebo is likely to be an exception like TW. I wonder what the actual injury is?
[ Edited by Cisco0623 on Jan 24, 2024 at 12:09 PM ]
Not sure why BA doesn't get any of those sweeps? Dude was a YAC monster in college and has much more speed then both Bell/deebo

Which sweeps? It feels like Kyle hasn't dialed up a jet sweep or orbit sweep in forever. I can't remember the last one. Those were a staple in 2019.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 24, 2024 at 12:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I am

I'm leaning with NY here. k**e always demands the player practices some in order to play, but I would argue deebo is likely to be an exception like TW. I wonder what the actual injury is?

It's win or go home. He's not gonna not have one of his best players not playing because he didn't practice.
Share 49ersWebzone