Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Boy I'm not sure he plays

I am

He will for sure

what we are seeing today is rehab/rest and subterfuge.
Originally posted by Crown:

I am

He will for sure

what we are seeing today is rehab/rest and subterfuge.
Word.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I am

I'm leaning with NY here. k**e always demands the player practices some in order to play, but I would argue deebo is likely to be an exception like TW. I wonder what the actual injury is?

It's win or go home. He's not gonna not have one of his best players not playing because he didn't practice.

True, unless he's really hurt? Has to be somewhat serious for him to not come back last week.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Not sure why BA doesn't get any of those sweeps? Dude was a YAC monster in college and has much more speed then both Bell/deebo

Which sweeps? It feels like Kyle hasn't dialed up a jet sweep or orbit sweep in forever. I can't remember the last one. Those were a staple in 2019.

Jet sweep

Give me an orbit sweep with BA. Dial it up!
smokescreen.. that fool isnt going to miss out on the conference championship after the embarassment and let down last season after loosing 4 QBs

I am

I'm leaning with NY here. k**e always demands the player practices some in order to play, but I would argue deebo is likely to be an exception like TW. I wonder what the actual injury is?

It's win or go home. He's not gonna not have one of his best players not playing because he didn't practice.

True, unless he's really hurt? Has to be somewhat serious for him to not come back last week.

I think it comes down to if he can be somewhat effective. Not a liability out there
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
He's playing. Don't stress over this.

He will play and he will play his normal allotment of snaps.

Stop acting like this is some random game.
Maiocco's tweet seems to be the most optimistic:

Does Deebo need 3 days of practice...lol. He should be good with 1.

Run your routes like usual, catch the ball and RAC. Just don't f**k up like Ray Ray. That should be pretty much the game plan for Deebo.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 24, 2024 at 12:18 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Not sure why BA doesn't get any of those sweeps? Dude was a YAC monster in college and has much more speed then both Bell/deebo

Which sweeps? It feels like Kyle hasn't dialed up a jet sweep or orbit sweep in forever. I can't remember the last one. Those were a staple in 2019.

I feel like the motion is still there, but we rarely run off it anymore.
I assume the league is better about defending it now than they were in previous years?

I think it comes down to if he can be somewhat effective. Not a liability out there

Yeah, remember Trent in the championship game vs the Rams? Dude is an all-time great and I love the guy, but he was a liability out there with 1 leg. He couldn't generate any push in the run game at all. Sometimes you have to protect the player from themselves for the sake of the team.

and yeah, Shanny needs to bring back the sweeps. He doesn't call any of that s**t anymore.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 24, 2024 at 12:19 PM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
smokescreen.. that fool isnt going to miss out on the conference championship after the embarassment and let down last season after loosing 4 QBs

And CJ Gardner talking s**t in the offseason. If Deebo has one good shoulder he'll play and he'll put that good shoulder directly into CJG's chest.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I feel like the motion is still there, but we rarely run off it anymore.
I assume the league is better about defending it now than they were in previous years?

McVay never stopped using it.

Is his shoulder still attached to his body? If so, he is going to play.
Share 49ersWebzone