There are 196 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
smokescreen.. that fool isnt going to miss out on the conference championship after the embarassment and let down last season after loosing 4 QBs

And CJ Gardner talking s**t in the offseason. If Deebo has one good shoulder he'll play and he'll put that good shoulder directly into CJG's chest.
deebo don't want none of CJG.. acting like Hulk vs Thanos
Originally posted by Heroism:
Yeah, remember Trent in the championship game vs the Rams? Dude is an all-time great and I love the guy, but he was a liability out there with 1 leg. He couldn't generate any push in the run game at all. Sometimes you have to protect the player from themselves for the sake of the team.

and yeah, Shanny needs to bring back the sweeps. He doesn't call any of that s**t anymore.

Great time to call them
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I feel like the motion is still there, but we rarely run off it anymore.
I assume the league is better about defending it now than they were in previous years?

McVay never stopped using it.

Looks like free yards to me you can't tell me BA can't do that
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I feel like the motion is still there, but we rarely run off it anymore.
I assume the league is better about defending it now than they were in previous years?

McVay never stopped using it.

Hmmm... Then I wonder if, because we have CMC, Shanahan has shifted to a different set of concepts than to use jet sweeps, and found that perhaps it's more effective for the offense.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Some of you are a lot more optimistic than I am. His game is all about the physicality and following blocks. Even if he does play I don't expect him to be much more than a decoy. He's not a finesse guy, he's looking for contact.
Deebo has spent too much time throwing shoulders into defenders unnecessarily. I get playing violent and making defenders think twice about tackling you, but he always seems to seek contact, even when he can just run out of bounds.

I wonder if we can just move CMC into Deebo's role and run Mitchell at HB?
Originally posted by Niners99:
Deebo has spent too much time throwing shoulders into defenders unnecessarily. I get playing violent and making defenders think twice about tackling you, but he always seems to seek contact, even when he can just run out of bounds.

Deebo was held up while another guy hit him

looks almost intentional and one guy held him out and one guy went straight for the shoulder
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 24, 2024 at 1:31 PM ]

That's been suggested by several on this forum including me. It looks obvious but there must be some reason Kyle doesn't do it. Maybe CMC doesn't want to switch. I see where Aiyuk says Deebo will play and players often have a good idea how their team mates are doing in recovery. I expect he may start but I'm concerned about how long he can play.

deebo not playing like deebo is another player entirely, one who isnt good

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

That's been suggested by several on this forum including me. It looks obvious but there must be some reason Kyle doesn't do it. Maybe CMC doesn't want to switch. I see where Aiyuk says Deebo will play and players often have a good idea how their team mates are doing in recovery. I expect he may start but I'm concerned about how long he can play.
CMC ain't Deebo and Mitchell isn't CMC. This is real simple to answer.
we all know hes gonna go on Sunday.
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
we all know hes gonna go on Sunday.

Absolutely. I'm surprised anyone is even mentioning him playing. Let the Lions think he isn't playing. I doubt they're buying it though.

you cant tell Deebo to not play like Deebo
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Deebo was held up while another guy hit him

looks almost intentional and one guy held him out and one guy went straight for the shoulder

It was a helmet to helmet hit. It wasn't called but I let it go after we got away with a facemask. I don't know if Deebo got hit in the shoulder also or hurt his shoulder falling to the ground. At first I thought he was concussed because of the shot to the head.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jan 24, 2024 at 2:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone