There are 206 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by okdkid:
This dude is at practice catching balls over his head, jumping all over the place.

He's playing and won't be restricted.

That's fine. But what happens after he takes a hit on his shoulder when he catches his first pass, run his first sweep, or even attempts to block another player?

Whole different ballgame. You don't put someone on the field as a "decoy." That's like playing the game with 10 players on offense. Kyle won't do that.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
This dude is at practice catching balls over his head, jumping all over the place.

That's fine. But what happens after he takes a hit on his shoulder when he catches his first pass, run his first sweep, or even attempts to block another player?

Whole different ballgame. You don't put someone on the field as a "decoy." That's like playing the game with 10 players on offense. Kyle won't do that.

NO EXCUSES... he playin or he playin..
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

That's a risk for every single player in every game ever played.
Just lead with the good shoulder.

On the other hand let's say Deebo is inactive. Who is activated in his place? Bell? I would take Deebo at less than 100% than rookie Bell at 100% every single time.

Heck Deebo only played what 5 snaps last week and 49ers were able to survive with Conley
This is for the Championship. Deebo plays.
I certainly hope that Deebo is able to play the entire game but I also wonder if they should hold him out if it's even in doubt so he can be healthier for the SB if they make it. I know that' a risk but if he's still hurting it's a risk anyway.
Originally posted by KiwiM3:

On the other hand let's say Deebo is inactive. Who is activated in his place? Bell? I would take Deebo at less than 100% than rookie Bell at 100% every single time.

Heck Deebo only played what 5 snaps last week and 49ers were able to survive with Conley

Agree - Deebo at 80% and limited in plays his way (decoy) is BETTER than Ball or Conley or someone else out there at 100%.

We've had games (Cards, Steelers, and Cowboys) where Deebo didn't go off - stats-wise - and our offense was still clicking just fine. Deebo doesn't have to be a focus for our offensive scheme this game but he absolutely needs to be on the field so the defense has to gameplan for him.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I certainly hope that Deebo is able to play the entire game but I also wonder if they should hold him out if it's even in doubt so he can be healthier for the SB if they make it. I know that' a risk but if he's still hurting it's a risk anyway.

Yes - Which is why I think he'll be out there but the gameplan won't focus on Deebo. It'll be McCaffery, Aiyuk and Kittle. Hell even Juice might get a couple passes.

Mix in a little Deebo but probably throw 5-7 times to Juan as well. I'd like to see Mitchell and Mason get 3-5 touches a piece also.
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
This is for the Championship. Deebo plays.

Plus with CJ Gardner still talking s**t, Deebo is going to want to play.

There is a strong chance they don't make the Super Bowl if they don't play him. He has to play.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

There is a strong chance they don't make the Super Bowl if they don't play him. He has to play.

He gets a week off if we win, he's playing.

If the game is close, bring him in like a closing picture to a standing ovation!
You already know CJGJ is going to be aiming for an early-game hit right at Deebo's injured shoulder. I could see some sketchy s**t happening away from the ball.

[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 26, 2024 at 1:26 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone