There are 175 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Complete no show. I get he was hurt but he was virtually useless out there.

Good player but not great. We gave him elite WR money and I am not sure why? I keep hearing how he is so important schematcally. Pretty expensive decoy.
Deebo's biggest contribution is being the hype man when the team is introduced. Offload him or restructure his contract if you can.
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Complete no show. I get he was hurt but he was virtually useless out there.

Good player but not great. We gave him elite WR money and I am not sure why? I keep hearing how he is so important schematcally. Pretty expensive decoy.

Kyle will never allow him to be traded, would be a huge blow to Kyle's over inflated ego.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm over this guy. He just came in the league a few years ago. He's body is like 45 years old. He's all beat up and torn up. Shoulders, knees, hamstring, just everything. He misses games every single year. He's worn out by the end of the year and rarely healthy in the playoffs. You can't help your team if you can't play. Or can't play 100% healthy. He plays too hard for his own good and knocks himself right out of playing. Plus he doesn't run super great routes. Aiyuk is a better WR. Deebo is more of a slash and RB type playing WR.

Trade him for a 1st and a 3rd. You won't get two 1st's anymore for him. 1 & 3 and I deal him. We deal up and down in the draft and land some offensive line help and another WR.

no way you are getting a first for him, maybe a second but not with a third. The way the draft is producing WRs that are instantly productive, no way they're getting a first.
Trade him. We need a legit FA wide receiver across from Aiyuk. Deebo disappears in the biggest moments. He is also hurt all the damn time. Same with kittle.
Originally posted by 9ersguy:
Trade him. We need a legit FA wide receiver across from Aiyuk. Deebo disappears in the biggest moments. He is also hurt all the damn time. Same with kittle.

This. When elite DCs shut down Shanahan's gadget plays for Deebo, he can never make up for it as a true WR beating coverage and creating separation through his route running ability. We need another pure WR.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm over this guy. He just came in the league a few years ago. He's body is like 45 years old. He's all beat up and torn up. Shoulders, knees, hamstring, just everything. He misses games every single year. He's worn out by the end of the year and rarely healthy in the playoffs. You can't help your team if you can't play. Or can't play 100% healthy. He plays too hard for his own good and knocks himself right out of playing. Plus he doesn't run super great routes. Aiyuk is a better WR. Deebo is more of a slash and RB type playing WR.

Trade him for a 1st and a 3rd. You won't get two 1st's anymore for him. 1 & 3 and I deal him. We deal up and down in the draft and land some offensive line help and another WR.

no way you are getting a first for him, maybe a second but not with a third. The way the draft is producing WRs that are instantly productive, no way they're getting a first.

Last year weren't there teams willing to offer two 1st round picks? IDK? He would have less value now. He's injured a lot.
Originally posted by Gemini10:
Originally posted by 9ersguy:

This. When elite DCs shut down Shanahan's gadget plays for Deebo, he can never make up for it as a true WR beating coverage and creating separation through his route running ability. We need another pure WR.

The only game he was worth what he is paid to do was vs the Eagles, and that was when he was called out and he was motivated to show the Eagles up. The rest of the season he was lackluster, and this season was supposed to be his bounce back year talking about how he was more focused after having a terrible year last year. Seems like he was more focused on his social media than anything else. Dump him pay Aiyuk his money bring back JJ. I'd rather see Aiyuk #1 JJ #2 Conley #3 and draft and develop another WR on the cheap.
[ Edited by Fresno49er on Feb 12, 2024 at 12:08 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
They held Deebo, Aiyuck and Kittle to under 100 yards combined.

Spaggs is not dumb. He was not going to let the 49ers stars best him. He was going to make other people do it.

Wilks on the other hand had Kelsey running wide open all night long and Mahomes did whatever he wanted when the game was on the line.

One is a SB champion, the other will never be.
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Spaggs is not dumb. He was not going to let the 49ers stars best him. He was going to make other people do it.

Wilks on the other hand had Kelsey running wide open all night long and Mahomes did whatever he wanted when the game was on the line.

One is a SB champion, the other will never be.

What did he do? Double team deebo, double team kittle, double team aiyuk, and double team CMC on every play? Thats 8 players on defense.

Originally posted by Gemini10:

He was open on a few crossing patterns over the middle that Purdy pooped the bed on. Both look like he had room to run too.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
He was hurt going into this game...he played through injury. Was he great....no. Question is why we force fed him the ball so much considering he was hurt when we had other healthy options. More disappointed that a healthy Aiyuk didn't step up.
Originally posted by jcs:
He was hurt going into this game...he played through injury. Was he great....no. Question is why we force fed him the ball so much considering he was hurt when we had other healthy options. More disappointed that a healthy Aiyuk didn't step up.

It's not a matter that Aiyuk didn't step up, it's that they couldn't get him the ball, there was several occasions that Aiyuk got open but Purdy didn't have the time in the pocket to spot him and throw him the ball. KC D-Line made sure of that.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This is what I did not get. They had Deebo running routes against two of the best CBs in the business. Not his game at all. Those playcalls would've required perfect execution to get anything out of them. The risk just wasn't worth the reward.

yup. They had Snead on Deebo, IMO that was a mistake by Spags that we didn't use to our advantage. Deebo isn't a man beater, we should have taken that gift and tried our luck with Aiyuk vs Mcduffie and Jennings vs. their #3.

Give Deebo a few carries and a few tunnel screens and use him as a decoy to get Snead out of the game

-Deebo 3/11
- Aiyuk 3/6
- Jennings 5/6
- CMC 8/8

Stay away Snead and spread those deebo targets around - offense would have performed better
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mtl_49er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This is what I did not get. They had Deebo running routes against two of the best CBs in the business. Not his game at all. Those playcalls would've required perfect execution to get anything out of them. The risk just wasn't worth the reward.

yup. They had Snead on Deebo, IMO that was a mistake by Spags that we didn't use to our advantage. Deebo isn't a man beater, we should have taken that gift and tried our luck with Aiyuk vs Mcduffie and Jennings vs. their #3.

Give Deebo a few carries and a few tunnel screens and use him as a decoy to get Snead out of the game

-Deebo 3/11
- Aiyuk 3/6
- Jennings 5/6
- CMC 8/8

Stay away Snead and spread those deebo targets around - offense would have performed better

We did to start the game....we just went away from it for some reason and it never came back.
Share 49ersWebzone