There are 251 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Stanley:
Originally posted by Gemini10:
This. When elite DCs shut down Shanahan's gadget plays for Deebo, he can never make up for it as a true WR beating coverage and creating separation through his route running ability. We need another pure WR.

He was open on a few crossing patterns over the middle that Purdy pooped the bed on. Both look like he had room to run too.

We need better protection. You have 5 skill position guys with good to great ability with the ball in their hands and/or as pass catchers. As for Deebo, if it comes to it, I'd just let him play his deal out (signed through 2025). You aren't getting what he brings in a trade. Shanahan has had two years to see how defenses account for Deebo. There has to be a way to get him the ball consistently when we need a play. I'd definitely be looking to develop another receiver that can start, but that isn't the most pressing issue right now on offense.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Deebo's biggest contribution is being the hype man when the team is introduced. Offload him or restructure his contract if you can.
Adding those $0 years to his contract to lower the cap hit? That's a possibility. Then he could be extended for a number that reflects his true market value after 2025.

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by mtl_49er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This is what I did not get. They had Deebo running routes against two of the best CBs in the business. Not his game at all. Those playcalls would've required perfect execution to get anything out of them. The risk just wasn't worth the reward.

yup. They had Snead on Deebo, IMO that was a mistake by Spags that we didn't use to our advantage. Deebo isn't a man beater, we should have taken that gift and tried our luck with Aiyuk vs Mcduffie and Jennings vs. their #3.

Give Deebo a few carries and a few tunnel screens and use him as a decoy to get Snead out of the game

-Deebo 3/11
- Aiyuk 3/6
- Jennings 5/6
- CMC 8/8

Stay away Snead and spread those deebo targets around - offense would have performed better

We did to start the game....we just went away from it for some reason and it never came back.

Is it safe to say that Kyle as a game planner and play designer > Kyle as an in game playcaller?
Deebo's biggest contribution is being the hype man when the team is introduced. Offload him or restructure his contract if you can.
Adding those $0 years to his contract to lower the cap hit? That's a possibility. Then he could be extended for a number that reflects his true market value after 2025.

This is what I did not get. They had Deebo running routes against two of the best CBs in the business. Not his game at all. Those playcalls would've required perfect execution to get anything out of them. The risk just wasn't worth the reward.

yup. They had Snead on Deebo, IMO that was a mistake by Spags that we didn't use to our advantage. Deebo isn't a man beater, we should have taken that gift and tried our luck with Aiyuk vs Mcduffie and Jennings vs. their #3.

Give Deebo a few carries and a few tunnel screens and use him as a decoy to get Snead out of the game

-Deebo 3/11
- Aiyuk 3/6
- Jennings 5/6
- CMC 8/8

Stay away Snead and spread those deebo targets around - offense would have performed better

We did to start the game....we just went away from it for some reason and it never came back.

Is it safe to say that Kyle as a game planner and play designer > Kyle as an in game playcaller?

Now I think youve got it!

-Deebo 3/11
- Aiyuk 3/6
- Jennings 5/6
- CMC 8/8

nah nah nah nah..

KYLE by no means a game planner.. .it's always been his weakness.. all he does is design good plays, collect all the ones that worked from every games, then use it again over and over over..

what he does not do is game plan around his opponents, find their weaknesses, and attack that..

KC secondary is very good, while Kittles could have owned the LBs but was not allowed to compete...
No Kittle for the game was very disappointing.
Originally posted by 9moon:

-Deebo 3/11
- Aiyuk 3/6
- Jennings 5/6
- CMC 8/8

nah nah nah nah..

KYLE by no means a game planner.. .it's always been his weakness.. all he does is design good plays, collect all the ones that worked from every games, then use it again over and over over..

what he does not do is game plan around his opponents, find their weaknesses, and attack that..

KC secondary is very good, while Kittles could have owned the LBs but was not allowed to compete...

He sets teams up pretty good, but when the initial plan fails, pivoting quickly in the moment doesn't appear to be his deal. We've seen Kyle slaughter teams (see Jacksonville in 2017) but if said team counterpunches and figures it out, we don't have many counters off of that. Hence me saying he's great at gameplanning but isn't as great as an in game playcaller.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
No Kittle for the game was very disappointing.

It's unforgivable really.
DeeBo's injuries are starting to add up.
Deebo isn't a normal wide receiver.

There is a consequence for high YAC numbers through tackles and that is injuries.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Yeah he didn't look healthy even at the start. Hopefully he heals up and has a great year. And I'd also advise not using him as a rb anymore unless it's the championship games lol

Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Yeah he didn't look healthy even at the start. Hopefully he heals up and has a great year. And I'd also advise not using him as a rb anymore unless it's the championship games lol

Yes stop using him as a running back especially when we have Mitchell and Mason who are actually quite good but don't get reps there.

Every time Deebo runs as a running back, he can get hurt

Its like using a lambagini to do the school pick up.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Yes stop using him as a running back especially when we have Mitchell and Mason who are actually quite good but don't get reps there.

Every time Deebo runs as a running back, he can get hurt

Its like using a lambagini to do the school pick up.

Yes and I understand the way he plays he can get hurt regardless but that's different when as you said we have 3 viable backs.
Whats up with Deebo's effort? I've seen it called out numerous times in JT Osullivans videos. I cant watch the superbowl breakdown as it'll make me sick but saw some comments there about it too.
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Whats up with Deebo's effort? I've seen it called out numerous times in JT Osullivans videos. I cant watch the superbowl breakdown as it'll make me sick but saw some comments there about it too.

Makings of a diva in our hands
I don't know if it was the injuries or what, but dude had a look on his face at times in the SB(even when they were up) like he was just waiting for the inevitable loss. These guys are pros, but they're also human. I'm worried guys like Deebo have invested so much into these extended seasons but experienced only disappointment that they're permanently jaded and ready to checkout.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 13, 2024 at 6:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone