There are 222 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Scraptastic:
I'm pumped that we keeping them together. We have them under contract and are under the cap this year. No urgency to ship one of them and might as well improve the WR room, DB room, and OLine room.

We are better now and deeper in key areas. This roster is still strong

…..and finally, we're not cheap anymore. Team is willing to spend money on keeping our superstars together for one or more seasons. When was the last time this happened in the York's era? Don't care what's going to happen after this coming season, nobody really knows that for sure. What important is we're going to be excited and sure of having fun this season because we know we're still going to be very very competitive and relevant. Don't care about overvaluing either because we know half or probably more than half of these first rounders are more likely will disappoint anyway. At least with Deebo, he made us beat the Eagles in a very must win game that helped us propel to SB.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Doens't surprise me they have huge asking prices. After Jimmy it's clear they overvalue the guys they personally know and like.

This team lost three in a row without Deebo. When he wasn't on the field Kyle couldn't run his offense. The Deebo disrespect has to stop.
Originally posted by northoakland510:
Doens't surprise me they have huge asking prices. After Jimmy it's clear they overvalue the guys they personally know and like.

This team lost three in a row without Deebo. When he wasn't on the field Kyle couldn't run his offense. The Deebo disrespect has to stop.

Seriously even from radio the game, KNBR ECT. Deebo is a integral part of our offense. Without him they key on CMC and Ayuik and shut us down. JJ can only do so much and a rookie is not going to replace him.

There's no disrespect. I love the guy. But I have a feeling the 9ers are higher on him than rest of league. Just like they were with Jimmy
There's no disrespect. I love the guy. But I have a feeling the 9ers are higher on him than rest of league. Just like they were with Jimmy

As they should be, Kyle offense doesn't function without him. That is on Kyle and his play calling.

I disagree because if that was the case, Team's wouldn't be constantly looking for their own version of Deebo.

Trent Williams has entered the chat
Originally posted by JaggedJ:

People always forget he missed those games.

Deebo is important on this team because so much of the game plan at time revolves around him. But Trent missing was more detrimental.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Deebo is important on this team because so much of the game plan at time revolves around him. But Trent missing was more detrimental.

Agreed. Love having them both on our team, but Trent is next level important for multiple reasons imo.

Deebo proved to be the most dangerous out of the backfield player before being payed. His effort has dropped off substantially since then. The all 22 doesn't lie. On decoy plays where he needs to run hard he very often doesn't. Plus age/mileage.Need these rookies to hit 2 hold onto this window
he's on notice, we are drafting these wrs to do the stuff he can't,
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Honestly having Pearsall and even Cowing cut into SOME of Samuel's snaps could make him more effective with the touches we manufacture for him
Originally posted by Brucey72:

People always forget he missed those games.

Most important player on the team after Purdy.
I'm not buying the new Deebo or Aiyuk trade to Pittsburgh rumors. Why would they trade Aiyuk after the draft. You telling me nobody offered a 1 or 2 for him? The only way that I could believe a Deebo trade is that they agreed to a trade for next year draft picks because Deebo was in Europe and couldn't pass a physical.... even then not buying it
Share 49ersWebzone