There are 366 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Brucey72:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
We had old Deebo vs the Rams, Giants, Seahawks, Cardinals and Eagles. Other than those games he didn't do much. He dominated 2 games.. disappeared 5 + 2 injured... dominated 4 games... 1 decent game...then disappeared the final 4 + 1 meaningless game.

And we needed to win all those games to get to the SB.

we had other games where Kittle and BA didn't show up either…everyone has a role. None of these guys are gonna be all-pros every game on this team.

IMO you put him on the Titans, broncos or Steelers he's gonna put up legit numbers because they don't have pro-bowlers all over their offensive roster.

I love me some Deebo…he's the heart of this team. He's a dog. He's our vibe on offense. I'm glad they didn't move him…would be stupid given how close we are to winning it all.

I love Deebo too and am also glad that they didn't trade. I think having Pearsall this year will allow him to not be beat down come playoff time. He can dominate for stretches and then gets worn down by the way he plays. I hope this allows him to be the home run hitter he is without having to design the offense around him. We might see a lot less touches but more explosive plays this year

Unfortunately one of the receivers is going to have to go next year when Brock gets paid. It's a numbers game. We've seen better receivers than Deebo released or allowed to leave because of salary.

Yes next year. I hope they don't move him this year.
SHOULDA been traded 2 years ago.. repeatedly posted that he's nothing but a very good gadget..
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Would you trade Deebo and a 2025 1st RD pick for Patrick Surtain?

No Deebo AND a 1st is a little rich for me.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
No.

Deebo still has a few years left in him and has a unique skill set that molds perfect with Kyle, on top of that he's a fire in the locker room up there with Kittle and Silverback.

But you guys are crazy, Surtain is looking like a lock down corner for years to come which are very rare while Deebo a playmaking wr whom are not that rare might have a couple elite years left.
To give up a late 1st and allocate Deebo's contract to Surtain I'd do it in a heart beat
Originally posted by Since07:
Deebo still has a few years left in him and has a unique skill set that molds perfect with Kyle, on top of that he's a fire in the locker room up there with Kittle and Silverback.

But you guys are crazy, Surtain is looking like a lock down corner for years to come which are very rare while Deebo a playmaking wr whom are not that rare might have a couple elite years left.
To give up a late 1st and allocate Deebo's contract to Surtain I'd do it in a heart beat

Deebo is only signed for another season. If the idea is to move on from Deebo to have money for Brock Surtain doesn't accomplish that as hell be ready for a huge deal himself by this offseason.
Originally posted by joeknows:
Overvalued is a bit hard to pin down in both player's cases. Garoppolo got a 3-year $70M contract after leaving the 49ers, so I wouldn't say they 'overvalued' him compared to the rest of the league.
Deebo is a unique player, and further, uniquely valuable in this particular system, so even if the 49ers went beyond what other teams would have done to secure him, that doesn't automatically equate to overvaluing.

Despite some of the doom and gloom on here, the 49ers have been incredibly successful under the current regime (in comparison to most of the other teams in the NFL). You have to ask - would that success be happening without [player x]?

Jimmy - Niners said 'yes' - and they were right.
Deebo - Niners said 'no' - I believe they were right about that too.

There's no doom and gloom from me. I'm just looking at the financial situation the 9ers face in 2025 objectively. Trading him next year is only gonna clear 9 million. That will be but a drop in the bucket of what we need to find to keep the roster where it is.

Don't want him dealt for nothing but I also want the team to be realistic about its demands in return. I also worry about an injury torpedoing his value.
Originally posted by 9moon:
SHOULDA been traded 2 years ago.. repeatedly posted that he's nothing but a very good gadget..

K
I love Deebo too and am also glad that they didn't trade. I think having Pearsall this year will allow him to not be beat down come playoff time. He can dominate for stretches and then gets worn down by the way he plays. I hope this allows him to be the home run hitter he is without having to design the offense around him. We might see a lot less touches but more explosive plays this year

Yeah his playing style isn't for the long term. Dude hates being tackled. I love that.

I don't care what anyone says. Deebo is the 49ers. His mindset is their vibe. Dude doesn't need 1,400 receiving yards to be important to this or any team.
Why Deebo starting crap with a professional boxer. 😄
  • thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah his playing style isn't for the long term. Dude hates being tackled. I love that.

I don't care what anyone says. Deebo is the 49ers. His mindset is their vibe. Dude doesn't need 1,400 receiving yards to be important to this or any team.

He and Kittle have the intangibles that don't show up on any stat sheet. That one year when every opponent that played the 49ers lost the following week, that's the type of thing that happens when Kittle and Deebo are at their peak. Just a terrible experience to play against for any opponent. With a 17 game schedule and Deebo accumulating wear and tear on his body, it is critical that his snaps are managed so that he can be a full go by the playoffs.

Deebo beefing with Devin Haney on Twitter is not something I was expecting

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
How did that start?
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
How did that start?

Deebo didn't really start anything he just tweeted basically "he got out boxed" and Haney replied to him for some reason lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 91til:
How did that start?

Deebo didn't really start anything he just tweeted basically "he got out boxed" and Haney replied to him for some reason lol

Haney is a moron then. His reply is also stupid too.
Originally posted by 91til:
How did that start?

Haney is a moron then. His reply is also stupid too.

I mean how do you think Deebo would like it if Haney told him he doesn't know how to run routes? But yeah, they both stupid with their posts 😂
Does the Broncos need a WR? Trade Deebo for Surtain
Share 49ersWebzone