There are 195 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yeah that's a weird take. That's BA. Also he wasn't the #1 WR last yr that was also BA

"We must eliminate BA from the game" said no DC ever.

There's only one wide receiver on this team who's the focus of every opposing DC's gameplan every single week. Put some respect on his name.

You know there's a reason for that though right? Cuz we haven't built our gameplan around BA lol.

He 100% could be that guy and SHOULD. It's just easier to get the ball to Deebo than BA consistently. Doesn't mean BA can't take over a whole game on his own if given the opportunity.
Originally posted by genus49:
Yeah that's a weird take. That's BA. Also he wasn't the #1 WR last yr that was also BA

There's only one wide receiver on this team who's the focus of every opposing DC's gameplan every single week. Put some respect on his name.

You know there's a reason for that though right? Cuz we haven't built our gameplan around BA lol.

He 100% could be that guy and SHOULD. It's just easier to get the ball to Deebo than BA consistently. Doesn't mean BA can't take over a whole game on his own if given the opportunity.

may STILL be the BEST GADGET in the league !!
Originally posted by genus49:

Do you think that's mainly due to negligence on the part of the coaching staff? Or have they seen enough in the years he's been here to be confident in their chosen approach?

I think Aiyuk has an excellent skillset, but the task is to maximize productivity per snap.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I don't disagree, I just think Deebo is more valuable overall (if healthy) and I'm including in the locker room.

When we had no TW or Deebo three game last season we heard nothing from BA. So its safe to say they compliment each other, but Deebo is a beast. The best problem we could have is a healthy monster year from Deebo. No way Kyle lets his guy go.

We have a player that can do what Deebo does and that is CMC. We have nobody that can do what Aiyuk does. Are we going to go back to the Jimmy offense where it's just dink and dunk? Because without BA we certainly won't be throwing the ball down the field.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I don't disagree, I just think Deebo is more valuable overall (if healthy) and I'm including in the locker room.

When we had no TW or Deebo three game last season we heard nothing from BA. So its safe to say they compliment each other, but Deebo is a beast. The best problem we could have is a healthy monster year from Deebo. No way Kyle lets his guy go.

We have a player that can do what Deebo does and that is CMC. We have nobody that can do what Aiyuk does. Are we going to go back to the Jimmy offense where it's just dink and dunk? Because without BA we certainly won't be throwing the ball down the field.
all the throws to Deebo down field were just smoke and mirrors ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Deebo is a beast he can take you anywhere- deep, short, over the middle and out of the backfield. We are a much different team when he is injured and that happens a lot. His excessive downtime diminishes his value to the team (cap space). We need him healthy. We also need to have a contingency game plan for when he is out. The offense shouldn't come a grinding halt when he is injured. Mitigating his absence is not an easy task but I think we can do a better job of it.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:

Deebo is a beast he can take you anywhere- deep, short, over the middle and out of the backfield. We are a much different team when he is injured and that happens a lot. His excessive downtime diminishes his value to the team (cap space). We need him healthy. We also need to have a contingency game plan for when he is out. The offense shouldn't come a grinding halt when he is injured. Mitigating his absence is not an easy task but I think we can do a better job of it.

Exactly. When healthy he is a beast.

You can only have so many beasts when QB payday comes a knocking. We have CMC. Deeb makes the most sense to trade next season. The OL may need a tuneup too. You just can't have all of these guys but we now have some pieces that should yield good trade results.

It sucks but that is life and the life of a $40M a year QB coming your way. Love Deeb. But BA makes the most sense to keep when CMC is on your roster.

He is a beast. He's also more scheme dependent than BA is.

He is a beast. He's also more scheme dependent than BA is.

That's okay though... we have the master schemer

Originally posted by 9erson3:

You can only have so many beasts when QB payday comes a knocking. We have CMC. Deeb makes the most sense to trade next season. The OL may need a tuneup too. You just can't have all of these guys but we now have some pieces that should yield good trade results.

It sucks but that is life and the life of a $40M a year QB coming your way. Love Deeb. But BA makes the most sense to keep when CMC is on your roster.

I understand. This season will be interesting. If Deebo stays healthy and balls out I think he stays unless he starts demanding more money again which wouldnt surprise me, but also nobody is paying him anything more than market for sure.

I honestly expect to see CMC wind down. Kyle pounded the living hell out of him. My thinking is in two years he wont be what he is today. (I will GLADLY eat crow on this thought btw).

The o line has needed attention for years so I am not holding my breath there.
Deebo seems dialed in this season, I'm expecting fireworks from this guy. Big season
Originally posted by BP13:
Deebo seems dialed in this season, I'm expecting fireworks from this guy. Big season

Same. If he escapes the injury bug I see a monster season from him.

I understand. This season will be interesting. If Deebo stays healthy and balls out I think he stays unless he starts demanding more money again which wouldnt surprise me, but also nobody is paying him anything more than market for sure.

I honestly expect to see CMC wind down. Kyle pounded the living hell out of him. My thinking is in two years he wont be what he is today. (I will GLADLY eat crow on this thought btw).

If he balls out he's gonna want a new contract. Same with kittle.

i can't imagine they paid CMC only to use him less.

can't paid everyone. They need to get younger so BA should take precedent over Deebo. Then you need to figure out how you can keep one of Kittle or Deebo. IMO kittle means more to the overall offense. Wish we could keep all of them until they retire.

If he balls out he's gonna want a new contract. Same with kittle.

i can't imagine they paid CMC only to use him less.

can't paid everyone. They need to get younger so BA should take precedent over Deebo. Then you need to figure out how you can keep one of Kittle or Deebo. IMO kittle means more to the overall offense. Wish we could keep all of them until they retire.

Probably, but if Deebo is smart he realizes he can still make almost as much money here. IMO he has to know this is the best place for him productivity wise. they can extend him 3 years fair value i know I would take that. Point being he goes to Carolina, sure he makes a little more money, but he will fade off into the abyss etc lol

Not sure about Kittle. Deebo and Kittle are my two favorite players, but their play style doesn't bode well for longevity. I know TE tends to be cheaper and I believe AB showed they can keep the core together even with Purdys deal.

I just cant imagine CMC taking on the same workload. We have a lot of talent at RB and he should use it.
Share 49ersWebzone