There are 186 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by elguapo:
I was saying all along that we would be able to keep two great receivers. There are a few teams that have done this for quite a few years. Philadelphia has basically kept everybody and are paying a quarterback 50 million. I'm glad it looks like we are keeping the best playmaker with the ball in his hands in the NFL.

We will lose Banks and possibly Greenlaw, Huf and/or Ward. We have already drafted ahead of time to replace some of these positions if needed

Hard to argue or complain with how this front office and regime has built and maintained a roster...especially considering how much of a bumbling, embarrassment they were for so long before Lynch and Shanahan's arrival.

My issues with Shanny in his failing the biggest moments and obstinance aside, no one will deny he's a top top coach in spite of it. And retaining him, Lynch, and the core of this team that we love...a team that should have hoisted at least 1 if not 2 Lombardi's...is delightful to see still.

The years of Erickson, Nolan, Singletary, Tomsula, and Kelly were an abject blight...

They have crushed me in not getting that elusive sixth but the high standard, way of managing and carrying this franchise, the expectations...that's all returned.

And for a long, long time, that's all I wanted. I think I have to remind myself of that when I replay the 2011-2013 and 2019-2024 heartbreakers.

Back for more. Go Niners!

Hear hear!!!
Tired of these media members not knowing a thing about our cap situation talking about Deebo playing his last year here. Can we get this season started already? These idiots are counting another man's money instead of writing about the games. Common sense says that if Deebo plays his butt off we will be fighting tooth and nail to keep him here with us as we are trying to get better each year and not worse. I think it is highly disrespectful for some of these media members discussing another man's demise when we have not played one game yet. How about the shoe being on the other foot and let us see how they feel?
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Tired of these media members not knowing a thing about our cap situation talking about Deebo playing his last year here. Can we get this season started already? These idiots are counting another man's money instead of writing about the games. Common sense says that if Deebo plays his butt off we will be fighting tooth and nail to keep him here with us as we are trying to get better each year and not worse. I think it is highly disrespectful for some of these media members discussing another man's demise when we have not played one game yet. How about the shoe being on the other foot and let us see how they feel?

They're praying for our downfall

You're right that Deebo has a lot to offer this team and people shouldn't be so quick to assume this is his last year here. We nearly dealt Brandon Aiyuk away, and that very quickly changed our WR room to Deebo, two (very promising) rookie WR's, and Jauan Jennings. Who knows what happens. Especially interesting, Deebo reportedly came into camp in phenomenal shape. If he's in similar form to his All-Pro year, and (while I'm not not hoping for Aiyuk regression), but if Aiyuk has any ill effects from holding out from TC... It wouldn't shock me if Deebo Samuel was our leading WR.

A few years ago, this man put up 77 receptions, 1405 receiving yards, which slightly trumps Aiyuk's best year last year of 1342 yards on 75 receptions. Granted, he gets it done differently and isn't the same pure receiver as Aiyuk is... but you don't stumble upon 77 catches and 1405 receiving yards by chance. Arguably, he would've had a bigger receiving year if he didn't have to play so many snaps at RB that year. Throw in the fact that he's a galvanizer that the team rallies behind, he's very important.

But yeah... interesting to see what our passing offense will look like this year. I still do think that, if we can only afford two big-dollar contracts between Deebo and Aiyuk, I'd rather have Aiyuk because I'm not sure how well Deebo's playstyle will allow him to maintain his high level of play. But we see how this plays out this year.

Good post. Some of these media members don't have a clue, which they easily reveal in making such comments.
Deebo about to do Deebo things
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I look forward to a strong year from Deebo. I wouldn't be surprised if he tears it up tonight.
Originally posted by father49er:

I look forward to a strong year from Deebo. I wouldn't be surprised if he tears it up tonight.
Deebo loves the primetime! Just get him the ball in space and watch the F*ck out!

Yes sir! I want to see the NJ CBs tackle our guys in space.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yes sir! I want to see the NJ CBs tackle our guys in space.

Gonna be talking all sorts of sh*t tomorrow at work win a win aren't you.

Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

They're praying for our downfall

The American Way. Build you up to just tear you down.
will sauce be on him or aiyuk?
Deebo looks so skinny. I think he lost too much weight. He doesn't break the tackles as well anymore. Being big and stocky and strong is Deebo. You don't want to take too much of that away.
I love Deebo man
People giving Aiyuk a lot of s**t with the drops, but Deebo had a couple too he usually made even when contested because his game is physical at the point of the catch.
Share 49ersWebzone