LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 132 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
People giving Aiyuk a lot of s**t with the drops, but Deebo had a couple too he usually made even when contested because his game is physical at the point of the catch.

i thought on those drops he was tackled before the ball even got to him
Well, CMC on IR, we can expect Deebo to get abused next…
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Well, CMC on IR, we can expect Deebo to get abused next…

What's wild is we actually have good, talented backs that can get the same yield. Deebos big plays are moreso coming from the short passes, sweeps, etc.
To me, Deebo looks way too slow. He can't separate from anyone and needs to be schemed open. Once he gets a head full of steam, he's hard to tackle—but getting him the ball with sufficient space to get going is increasingly difficult.

And to think, we just restructured his contract. Bad move.
Originally posted by BYisGod:
To me, Deebo looks way too slow. He can't separate from anyone and needs to be schemed open. Once he gets a head full of steam, he's hard to tackle—but getting him the ball with sufficient space to get going is increasingly difficult.

And to think, we just restructured his contract. Bad move.

Agree, he has no sudden burst. Putting him at RB isn't working, it's actually forfeiting a down.
When I see Deebo make a catch, it's usaully a leaping high catch or with DB draping over his jerseys.

This is massively concerning, if accurate.

It's the superbowl every game for deebo...and it feels like Shanny is force feeding him.
Originally posted by TyCore:

This is massively concerning, if accurate.

It's the superbowl every game for deebo...and it feels like Shanny is force feeding him.

Yea it's concerning but I think he had one of his better games as a pure receiver. He made some nice catches. It's just his style out there to be physical and contest. It's unfair to compare him to Justin Jefferson or even Aiyuk when it comes to separation given all that Deebo does for us
Originally posted by Silky:
Yea it's concerning but I think he had one of his better games as a pure receiver. He made some nice catches. It's just his style out there to be physical and contest. It's unfair to compare him to Justin Jefferson or even Aiyuk when it comes to separation given all that Deebo does for us

Personally, I find the pertinent info about this graph to be the league average vs Deebo's average, not comparing him to any other single receiver.
Please don't post anything from Ryan Hensley.

Deebo was great yesterday aside taking out that touchback. WTH is everyone on about.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Deebo was great yesterday aside taking out that touchback. WTH is everyone on about.

Because the internet trolls like Hensley and Cohn post nonsense to rile the fan base up. Deebo has never created separation. He's not that kind of player.

The guy that needs to create separation and isn't right now is Aiyuk.
Sure why not

lol cool
Yuk needs to step up big time.
Share 49ersWebzone