There are 219 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FL9er:
Goddamn, Hero must 6 or 7 baby-momma's.

I would keep him out a few more weeks tbh. We need him to be healthy later on.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I would keep him out a few more weeks tbh. We need him to be healthy later on.

I could agree with that sentiment for a sprain or an injury similar to that. But with a break, it seems you are either good to go or you're not. I am not a doctor and dont know if a Jones fracture is different, but I still feel much more comfortable getting Deebo in than say Jimmy G just due to the nature of their recoveries.
[ Edited by mattster03 on Sep 30, 2020 at 9:02 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Waiting for Deebo to get activated - can't wait to see him lined up opposite Aiyuk for seasons to come.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Waiting for Deebo to get activated - can't wait to see him lined up opposite Aiyuk for seasons to come.

Me either. Can not wait. Our offense looks like it's going to be elite once everyone is healthy. Year started rough, but future is looking bright again. Woohoo!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
totally fine with him coming back next week. bourne and the kid can do the job
Deebo's fracture was significant and the initial estimation was that it could be up to 16 weeks before he was cleared to play. More severe Jones fractures take up to 12 weeks to completely heal.

The good new is, bones that were previously broken are neither stronger nor weaker than they were before the break once they've fully healed. So he's no more likely to break it than he was before. He still needs to be smart though. while the bone may have healed, the next issue is making sure the strength/load bearing is back to normal so he can run pain free. Otherwise, he will just completely inflame the foot and risk having other issues.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Deebo's fracture was significant and the initial estimation was that it could be up to 16 weeks before he was cleared to play. More severe Jones fractures take up to 12 weeks to completely heal.

The good new is, bones that were previously broken are neither stronger nor weaker than they were before the break once they've fully healed. So he's no more likely to break it than he was before. He still needs to be smart though. while the bone may have healed, the next issue is making sure the strength/load bearing is back to normal so he can run pain free. Otherwise, he will just completely inflame the foot and risk having other issues.
maybe early on not get to crazy with him on the reverses?
Can we activate White too just to see what he can do or if he's even worth being a reclamation project?
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Can we activate White too just to see what he can do or if he's even worth being a reclamation project?

I really hope we get a good practice report from Kittle and Samuel today.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Football:

I really hope we get a good practice report from Kittle and Samuel today.

And Jimmy.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

no because that means you probably have to deactivate pettis and that is simply unlawful here to some
Originally posted by cciowa:

no because that means you probably have to deactivate pettis and that is simply unlawful here to some

I'd cut Pettis and throw White out there to see what's up
Originally posted by illinois9er:

White doesn't know the offense as well as Pettis and won't be a KR/PR contributor. Pettis is the guy they wanted back there from the get-go. White would be on the team if the staff actually thought he offered more valued than Dante. Maybe White gets a shot next year. Hard to imagine them re-signing Trent Taylor when we could easily stick Pettis in the slot and have a low-cost rook compete with him there. Will be interesting to see what they do. Bourne, Sanu, and Taylor all will be free agents. I would re-sign at least one of them, but not all.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 1, 2020 at 10:05 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by illinois9er:

White doesn't know the offense as well as Pettis and won't be a KR/PR contributor. Pettis is the guy they wanted back there from the get-go. White would be on the team if the staff actually thought he offered more valued than Dante. Maybe White gets a shot next year. Hard to imagine them re-signing Trent Taylor when we could easily stick Pettis in the slot and have a low-cost rook compete with him there. Will be interesting to see what they do. Bourne, Sanu, and Taylor all will be free agents. I would re-sign at least one of them, but not all.

All of this. I wouldn't expect to see White at all until next year barring catastrophe to our WR group. He'll have time to learn the offense and compete with the players we have next season. He's an intriguing developmental prospect with his freakish size + speed combo but he's behind pretty much everyone on the offense.
I'll be really curious to see which offensive skill players we chose to roll forward with in 2021
Share 49ersWebzone